NBC Sports Edge Forums

14 minutes ago, mks said:

Don't forget McGee, Trivino and Reyes.  I paid up to get  Diaz, Hendrik and I am grossly behind in saves

Add Diego Castillo, Craig Kimbrell and Matt Barnes to this list too. Only Big money closer worth it this yr so far Chapman and Hader. If you got  Diaz Hendrik Hand Iggy you behind in saves

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Id stash Stephenson then Lawrence. Skip over Givens, I don't see that working out at all

What is wrong with Givens??

1 minute ago, itaos said:

Anyone see what happened to Edwin Diaz?

Familia or May next up?

They took his sorry butt out cause he was about to blow a 4 run lead that he should have never even been in the game to do in the 1st place. Why do they put closers in non save situations with a game the next day?

3 minutes ago, mks said:

They took his sorry butt out cause he was about to blow a 4 run lead that he should have never even been in the game to do in the 1st place. Why do they put closers in non save situations with a game the next day?

There is quite a bit of buzz that  Diaz is hurt.  Watching live , He looked hurt coming out but also shocked.   He had great numbers vs Harper who was set to bat next.   

4 minutes ago, mks said:

injury per this reporter

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, itaos said:

injury per this reporter

no reason to pitch him period back to back with a game tomarrow.

1 minute ago, tristan0823 said:

Agreed, have him maybe warming up if things get dicey in the 9th 

Once the save was gone he needs to be preserved for the Game tomorrow. Even if he would have not got hurt today he be unavalaiable tomarrow anyways 3 days in a row

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, itaos said:

Since it's the Mets, I'll assume he's quadriplegic until he's pitches again. Who is next in line?

Familia

Edited by mks
3 minutes ago, itaos said:

Since it's the Mets, I'll assume he's quadriplegic until he's pitches again. Who is next in line?

when leading, trevor may has been pitching mostly in the 8th (as he had today) and is considered next in line on closer monkey fwiw. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 5/1/2021 at 2:10 AM, Members_Only_76 said:

Dare I ask what will May bring?

Trevor May bring some saves?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, jdizzle said:

Over May you think?

Clubhouse status will prevail here in the event of an absence from Diaz, Familia will get the first crack as the vet Met in the 'pen.

1 minute ago, Richard Kimble said:

Clubhouse status will prevail here in the event of an absence from Diaz, Familia will get the first crack as the vet Met in the 'pen.

I disagree, they paid Trevor May a shiny penny to come over from the Twins and he's the better pitcher.  They'll look to see how their investment works out.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, arthurpete said:

Gotta love these definitive statements in the closer threads. We are all here for a reason and certainty is not one of them.

The only thing that is certain is that we all have no idea and just guess and hope that luck is on our side...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jb_power said:

I disagree, they paid Trevor May a shiny penny to come over from the Twins and he's the better pitcher.  They'll look to see how their investment works out.

I just try to offer the view point no one else will, honestly. In these dicey bullpen situations I constantly remind the fantasy community that you have to at least take into account: 1)clubhouse status, who a guy is to a team matters, which should be fairly evident in Familia's case, 2)teams don't always make the right decision and emotion often plays into it. Especially an organization like the Mets.  Its the same argument I made in comparison to the Reds, and why their situation is so cloudy at the moment. There are different voices coming from everywhere there, I'm sure, and David Bell is in a jackpot for all his relievers at the moment (hence why he pulled Garrett against Jake Arrieta in the most meta bullpen moment of 2021). So if I'm Luis Rojas, and Familia nailed down last night's save, and Diaz isn't available tonight obviously, what is there to think about in another save situation? Why would you take May out of the 8th inning tonight? As a fantasy manager of course we want the best pitcher in the role, so if its more than a day or two, we'll see, but day to day its Jeurys in my mind.

I had Bard at DEFCON 3 or 2 last Wednesday, to which some replied, "this is fine."

After last night, it has to be down to DEFCON 1 or even Givens (or whoever) getting the next chance.

I'm guessing Givens because he's been decent so far and his 21 career saves is almost as many as everyone else combined. Carlos Estevez has some closing experience.