NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Denbo32 said:

Is soto no longer a thing?

Seems like it’s trending that direction, but it’s hard to say for sure at this point. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I blame sucky Iglesias

Next year i am going into drafts with the mind set to not pick iggy for any of my rp spots. I don't like him being on my teams at all right now NOPE!!! Of course he goes in tomarrow and gets a save clean with 3 ks I love him again LOL. Thats fantasy baseball for ya. hate a player one day love them the next.

Edited by mks
3 minutes ago, mks said:

Next year i am going into drafts with the mind set to not pick iggy for any of my rp spots. I don't like him being on my teams at all right now NOPE!!! Of course he goes in tomarrow and gets a save clean with 3 ks I love him again LOL. Thats fantasy baseball for ya. hate a player one day love them the next.

You’re...doing a bit better. I love to see it

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

So pick up Hudson for sure

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

So pick up Hudson for sure

The quote said "keep things as is for now". How are you interpreting that as them moving on from Hand to Hudson as the closer? 

48 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Good lord Karinchak's curveball is unhittable just straight filth.

I love his energy too. He gets SO pumped up with each outing it's almost contagious. Karinchak is good for baseball. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

The quote said "keep things as is for now". How are you interpreting that as them moving on from Hand to Hudson as the closer? 

I think he was joking, as if the manager supporting him was the kiss of death. 

• Like 3
Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

I think he was joking, as if the manager supporting him was the kiss of death. 

Joke Over My Head GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Who is next up in kc? Staumont blows 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yeah he blows - alternatives have been discussed ad nauseam upthread 

Sorry to say but this outing doesn't change Staumont's status one bit, he's the closer. It was a 4 run lead, non-save situation, always terrible spot for a closer, and he managed to throw over 35 pitches, so I'd expect to see Holland most likely in a save opp tomorrow. 

You have to understand that he came to be closer because they started 14-8 or whatever, and that is why they called up Daniel Lynch too early also. It signified to the fanbase they are competing with their best team. I believe if they started 10-12 then Holland would still be closing games. But now they're on the fringe, and though they have sunk below .500 again, I think they'll keep Staumont in the closer role through a few rough outings like this. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

12 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Yeah he blows - alternatives have been discussed ad nauseam upthread 

He’s been solid in save opps and recently got a couple saves. 

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Staumont sucks 

2.18 era...1.02 whip...23 Ks in 20.2 IP. going into this game. Yeah, he's been absolutely awful this season. 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

He just said committee closers, not mediocre (or worse) RPs. 

When is the last time you saw a closer committee where they weren't all mediocre, or worse?

**The manager not having settled on a closer in April is not a "closer committee."

Edited by Overlord
20 hours ago, Denbo32 said:

Is soto no longer a thing?

I think he’ll still get some ops, but Fullmer is the arm to own in that pen.

3 minutes ago, Overlord said:

When is the last time you saw a closer committee where they weren't all mediocre, or worse?

**The manager not having settled on a closer in April is not a "closer committee."

Well, first, it’s late May, not April. Second, your first statement doesn’t change my statement whatsoever. He said committee closers, and you leapt into a post about mediocre relievers. 

24 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Well, first, it’s late May, not April. Second, your first statement doesn’t change my statement whatsoever. He said committee closers, and you leapt into a post about mediocre relievers. 

So, can you think of any?