NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

Did Chatwood change from being the Human Walk Machine while I wasn’t paying attention?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Did Chatwood change from being the Human Walk Machine while I wasn’t paying attention?

Yup walk machine. Rostering Chatwood & Romano, guess I got to trade for Dolis too! Geez! now the Rays just scored.

Edited by twoseemer
1 minute ago, BMcP said:

They converted him to a relief role, and like many failed starters before him, he's looked good in the role. Until today, anyhow.

When is Merryweather back? 

Travis Bergen in to close things out and clean up Chatwood's mess. Chatwood allowed 4 baserunners. Good luck with this mess. We might have to wait until Merryweather comes back and/or they trade for someone.

Just now, StuckBetweenStations said:

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer
Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM 
Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM
"Thanks for the Memories!"

I didn’t see this when I wrote mine!  😂

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Bergen channeling his inner Chatwood and comes in with the bases loaded to promptly walk in a run.

Edit: Make it 2 runs.

Edit: Make it 3 runs he's walked in.

Edited by AnonymousRob
  • Haha 1

ugh :( Good news for Merryweather. As soon as he's back the closer job is def his. But as a jays fan, this has been a ROUGH 5 game stretch. Should be at least 3-2. instead, likely 0-5

Bergen comes in and walk 3 guys in a row too. This bullpen is a nightmare, and there is no chance they are not trading for a closer sooner than later, which is what I said way back in April. Chatwood really would have had a shot to run with it if he nailed this one down. Was his 3rd straight day pitching too I believe. 

Just now, Richard Kimble said:

Bergen comes in and walk 3 guys in a row too. This bullpen is a nightmare, and there is no chance they are not trading for a closer sooner than later, which is what I said way back in April. Chatwood really would have had a shot to run with it if he nailed this one down. Was his 3rd straight day pitching too I believe. 

Merryweather is back in a matter of weeks. They aren't trading for anyone

• Haha 1
Just now, FearTheHawk said:

Well I'll have to take your word since you've got the inside sources on Jays players. When is Springer coming back? 😆

• Haha 2
On 5/16/2021 at 11:51 AM, GeorgeCostanza said:

yup

i didnt want to believe, but the writing is on the wall

stupid vaccine is going to ruin his season

maybe this is ruining a bunch of closers

Just heard a Rumor Valdez in baltimore is being considered in a set up role. Any baltimore fans out there know anything?

5 minutes ago, FearTheHawk said:

Merryweather looked great, but he hardly has any kind of track record that should leave them with confidence they don't need anyone else. And it's not like the rest of the bullpen has been shutdown. And there were questions whether Merryweather would hold up to any kind of workload. Iirc they didn't even want him to pitch back to back outings.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mks said:

Just heard a Rumor Valdez in baltimore is being considered in a set up role. Any baltimore fans out there know anything?

I know everyone has been down this road before, but Hunter Harvey did just start a rehab assignment. So take that for what it's worth.

• Like 1