NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Hand with a save but allowed 2 base runners 

But one was an intentional walk. 

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, mks said:

Just heard a Rumor Valdez in baltimore is being considered in a set up role. Any baltimore fans out there know anything?

Be sure to click the "read more" button under the advertisement for the full story.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-brandon-hyde-closer-20210522-3fgb3wbgc5hrpgak3wbyoietwa-story.html

Edited by Baseball Batman
Typo
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

Fulmer blows it!

Quickly too.  Hard hit infield single, bomb. Felt like the entire sequence took about 90 seconds.

Posted (edited)

A lot of years of our lives would be saved, if you will, if saves were eliminated as a category.

Edited by charger_ss24
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Just now, charger_ss24 said:

A lot of years off our lives would be saved, if you will, if saves were eliminated as a category.

yea i'm done after this year

monitoring all these bum a** relieve pitchers is not fun at all

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, GeorgeCostanza said:

yea i'm done after this year

monitoring all these bum a** relieve pitchers is not fun at all

I know the pain and frustration. I focus on elite middle relievers for holds and let saves take care of themselves. I know a lot of leagues don’t have that luxury though.

18 minutes ago, dfstout said:

So Fry is the guy now?

1 hour ago, Baseball Batman said:

Be sure to click the "read more" button under the advertisement for the full story.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-brandon-hyde-closer-20210522-3fgb3wbgc5hrpgak3wbyoietwa-story.html

Saw this article too, but then Fry came into the game today in the 6th inning, down 6-4.  

• Like 1

Nice break for the patient Bard managers at the expense of the fellow destitute Crichton managers, and he's managed a save and W the past few days. Make sure Bard isn't on the wire in some leagues, I know I picked him up in one about a week ago. 

7 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Nice break for the patient Bard managers at the expense of the fellow destitute Crichton managers, and he's managed a save and W the past few days. Make sure Bard isn't on the wire in some leagues, I know I picked him up in one about a week ago. 

I just can’t with him anymore - he has one reliable pitch that he has no idea where it’s going.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I just can’t with him anymore - he has one reliable pitch that he has no idea where it’s going.

Its not a strong recommendation but if you're looking for security instead of messing around with Jays, Reds, etc., he's probably there and capable of reeling off some good outings. I hate to say it but I'd probably put him right next to Exxon Valdez RN despite the numbers. There's just more certainty to him keeping the job all year than so many other closers IMO. Speaking of Valdez...

1 hour ago, swingbatter said:

Love that his pitch is named the "Dead Fish". I think as Hyde says, he just hasn't had much work of late, and the team needs to maximize his leverage to squeeze as much value out of him as possible. It's nice to have the manager proclaim the handcuff though. Valdez is a likely trade candidate so its good to get a jump on shares for a potential replacement in some deeper leagues. In a larger sense, I expect other teams will follow suit and deploy their closers earlier in key division games and reward their setup men for multiple saves later in the year, which is good for the May/Coonrod/Treinen/Gallegos type guys.  

Edited by Richard Kimble
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, meh2 said:

Romano is still the guy to own in the Jays pen, imo. 

I still think Dolis will get the next save opp.

4 hours ago, meh2 said:

Romano is still the guy to own in the Jays pen, imo. 

Maybe, but Chatwood pitched the ninth in the last two games (Friday & Sunday) when the Jays either were tied or had the lead. Romano didn't pitch Saturday and only threw 12 pitches Friday and 13 pitches Thursday, and didn't pitch at all last Monday thru Wednesday. That's a not-so-whopping 25 total pitches over a 7-day span, so it seems like he should have been available for Sunday. That they went to Bergen when they yanked Chatwood with two outs and the bases loaded makes one wonder if Romano is ailing. This weekend's usage points to Chatwood as being the ninth inning guy, but of course he imploded today, so who knows. In years past, a newly-minted 9th inning guy would get more than one bad outing to prove himself, but the closer carousel spins at an exit velocity of 671 million mph these days.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dfstout said:

So Fry is the guy now?

I'd think Cole sulser despite the article.  He was the guy last year before he was awful...but he's a different guy this year.  I'm pure guessing though, and I think there might actually be time to "look and see" in many leagues because it's the orioles.

Edited by Cesare13
  • Like 1