NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

Clubhouse status will prevail here in the event of an absence from Diaz, Familia will get the first crack as the vet Met in the 'pen.

In a george Costanza "every instinct  I've ever had is wrong" kind of a way, I agree with this.  I can just FEEL Familia be the closer.  That said,  I might take may as the dirt throw because he can help a team even without saves.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

In a george Costanza "every instinct  I've ever had is wrong" kind of a way, I agree with this.  I can just FEEL Familia be the closer.  That said,  I might take may as the dirt throw because he can help a team even without saves.

it's not a lie, if YOU believe it!!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

I had Bard at DEFCON 3 or 2 last Wednesday, to which some replied, "this is fine."

After last night, it has to be down to DEFCON 1 or even Givens (or whoever) getting the next chance.

I'm guessing Givens because he's been decent so far and his 21 career saves is almost as many as everyone else combined. Carlos Estevez has some closing experience.

I said it was fine then and still feel its his job, but agree its time to make a contingency plan if you can. Remember it was a non-save situation and he hadn't pitched in awhile, as they just aren't getting any save chances. I'm not sure Bud Black will hold this one against him, but he's got to nail down his next few chances. I decided to speculate on Robert Stephenson in my NL only league where I own Bard, and I'd be looking at Givens as well before Estevez.

I got no dog in this fight, but I'm cheering for Carlos Estevez solely so we can get some Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaugn gifs in this thread

AdorableGloriousBanteng-size_restricted.

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

Clubhouse status will prevail here in the event of an absence from Diaz, Familia will get the first crack as the vet Met in the 'pen.

If there's a save op tonight, Familia has less recent usage and would likely get first shot. Sucks that it lined up this way.

Edited by itaos

I'd be shocked if it wasn't Familia even though May is the superior pitcher at this point in their careers.

• Haha 1

Any word on Edwin Diaz's injury as in day to day or to the IL soon?  Or are the Mers "medical" (haha) staff just busy duct taping him up?

Whoops just got posted above.  Guess the medical staff just taped up his back.

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, swingbatter said:

when leading, trevor may has been pitching mostly in the 8th (as he had today) and is considered next in line on closer monkey fwiw. 

spacer.png

• Haha 5

Rockies placed RHP Carlos Estevez on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to April 30, with a right middle finger strain.

---

one less guy to worry about as a pickup if Bard continues to implode. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, swingbatter said:

Rockies placed RHP Carlos Estevez on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to April 30, with a right middle finger strain.

---

Wild Thing got outta hand handing out birds at the park I see.

3 hours ago, Overlord said:

My suspicion is that this was more about Diaz's bruised ego than a stiff back, but we'll see ...

This is my feeling as well. He can't handle blowups so he just blames a phantom injury that cured overnight.

7 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

This is my feeling as well. He can't handle blowups so he just blames a phantom injury that cured overnight.

He can't handle blow-ups???  I can't handle his blow-ups!  Just sayin.'

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, swingbatter said:

---

Tomorrow's doubleheader represents a good opportunity to get a read on the Rockies bullpen hierarchy. On the off chance they can sweep, we'll see two different closers, and speculating tonight may net a decent high leverage spot for Givens or Stephenson tomorrow without having to react and go to the wire.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Trivino in the 8th..possible diek save opp

If there’s still a save opp lol

edit Lou gave up a run in non save situation- 1 run lead left

Edited by Members_Only_76