NBC Sports Edge Forums

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Agent 99 is killin it 

Maybe the Indians should use him more.  He's probably rusty.

**Having your young premier relievers on track to throw 75+ innings is a great thing, right?  Three straight days of pitching a month into the season is awesome, right?

Edited by Overlord
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

No it doesn't. 

Great response. It could mean other things but I'm not going to make your point for you. Instead I'll point to today's game-in which Feyereisen got the save. 😆

Just now, Richard Kimble said:

Great response. It could mean other things but I'm not going to make your point for you. Instead I'll point to today's game-in which Feyereisen got the save. 😆

Unless the manager spefically stated in the post game press conference that he used Castillo to finish the 6-2 game in order to preserve Feyereisen for a potential save the following day what you wrote is just an opinion, not fact. He could have used Castillo over Feyereisen there for any number of reasons. And again the fact that Feyereisen got the save today doesn't prove anything either, since you know Castillo pitched yesterday and the day before and was likely unavailable as a result. Also earlier in this thread to support your Feyereisen for closer position you made the argument that since the Rays traded for Feyereisen it definitely meant he was going to be used as the closer. Teams trade for depth relievers all the time.   

Better reply than just "no it doesn't". How do you view the team then, as I've stated pretty clearly I think we'll see Castillo and JP get the vast majority of chances with JP on the inside track. Seems pretty salty to not let me have this one, as it was a proactive call on a notoriously tough to read bullpen. I feel if even one owner of Lucas Sims made the move, I've done them a service 😄

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Trivino blows 

He’s walking too many batters (bb/9 of 4.68), doesn’t get many swinging strikes (8.4%), doesn’t strikeout many guys (k/9 of 8.64), and doesn’t get many groundballs (gb rate of 43.8%). His ERA estimators have him somewhere between 3.91 and 4.64. 

I’m not sure if he makes it to the trade deadline as the closer but if he somehow does I’d be willing to bet Oakland will find an upgrade for the 9th at that point. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, meh2 said:

He’s walking too many batters (bb/9 of 4.68), doesn’t get many swinging strikes (8.4%), doesn’t strikeout many guys (k/9 of 8.64), and doesn’t get many groundballs (gb rate of 43.8%). His ERA estimators have him somewhere between 3.91 and 4.64. 

I’m not sure if he makes it to the trade deadline as the closer but if he somehow does I’d be willing to bet Oakland will find an upgrade for the 9th at that point. 

Yeah I knew he was trash and wouldn’t hold the closer job when I added him. I thought even Oakland would have known that. Especially because they have other arms to do it.

you know... Just sucks when a guy that I know sucks goes ahead and sucks. I just wanted to complain about it 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Yeah I knew he was trash and wouldn’t hold the closer job when I added him. I thought even Oakland would have known that. Especially because they have other arms to do it.

you know... Just sucks when a guy that I know sucks goes ahead and sucks. I just wanted to complain about it 

He’s never had the closer job alone this year

Royals get a 6 inning QS out of Minor and hand it over to Brentz with a 3 r lead, Zuber comes in for the 8th and gives up a solo HR to Bryan Reynolds but nothing else, and the 9th...well they just scored 2 runs to make it a moot point. Damnit. I'm listening to the audio and they haven't mentioned anything about who was warming up yet.

3 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Royals get a 6 inning QS out of Minor and hand it over to Brentz with a 3 r lead, Zuber comes in for the 8th and gives up a solo HR to Bryan Reynolds but nothing else, and the 9th...well they just scored 2 runs to make it a moot point. Damnit. I'm listening to the audio and they haven't mentioned anything about who was warming up yet.

It was Holland. They just might let him run with the gig.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2