NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Baur10 said:

I got no dog in this fight, but I'm cheering for Carlos Estevez solely so we can get some Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaugn gifs in this thread

AdorableGloriousBanteng-size_restricted.

What’s the connection? Because Emilio Estevez   is Charlie Sheen’s brother?

1 hour ago, pbjfb said:

Charlie Sheen's real name is Carlos Estevez.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

Tomorrow's doubleheader represents a good opportunity to get a read on the Rockies bullpen hierarchy. On the off chance they can sweep, we'll see two different closers, and speculating tonight may net a decent high leverage spot for Givens or Stephenson tomorrow without having to react and go to the wire.

It depends on the league. But the time to add Givens has already come and gone for some. I mean Bard may hold on to the job, but the writing has been on the wall since even before I posted last Wednesday.

In terms of own% on ESPN, Givens is the Rockies' most added RP. Justin Lawrence is a close second. People have been dropping Bard for over a week now.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, pbjfb said:

Charlie Sheen's real name is Carlos Estevez

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Charlie Sheen's real name is Carlos Estevez.

1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

Charlie Sheen's real name is Carlos Estevez

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Totally OT but interesting factoid:  Their father, actor Martin Sheen, said he was pretty much forced to take a stage name when he got in the business because someone with the birth name of Estevez was never going to move up to become a leading man way back then but would only be cast in "ethnic" supporting roles.  His father was ethnic Mexican and his mother ethnic Irish so the "Sheen" fit too.  He said he was proud Emilio could keep their birth name and wished he had been able to.  Another tidbit.  Charlie Sheen pitched  in college so his Wild Thing wasn't too much of a stretch.  Now back to the endless closer rumors many of which won't include as many facts as this post.  😎

Oh wow, never knew that

I didn't anticipate learning about the Sheen/Estevez family lineage when opening the closer thread today, yet here we are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Major League is a baseball movie, and Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn was a reliever in the final game.  By the power vested in me by this community, I declare this discussion to be on topic.

giphy-13-1.gif

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I didn't anticipate learning about the Sheen/Estevez family lineage when opening the closer thread today, yet here we are.

Oh man I gotta do it....

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2021 at 7:29 PM, Wallscrapers said:

He's the preferred option but won't get all the opportunities 70/30 split? I mean they coudnt run him out every day when they won 11 in a row. And I think they have used him to face the tougher outs and let Diekman take the 9th.

Good call on this and exactly why Diek is still rosterable. He can get 10 saves easily and not wreck your ratios the way some of the committee nightmares will. I'd rather roster this guy than have to speculate on the CIN or COL situation specifically. 

Edited by Richard Kimble

Did anyone watch the Twins last night? Looking at the box score, Rogers got the save but gave up 2 runs. Not exactly a shut down performance, but I guess when you've got a three run lead it doesn't hurt his chances of losing the job quickly. 

7 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

I would rather have Cesar Valdez than Lou Trivino 

happy to have both rostered for free in my saves hungry deep money league...one is the full-time closer, the other will get his saves as well in a two-headed closer role

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

Did anyone watch the Twins last night? Looking at the box score, Rogers got the save but gave up 2 runs. Not exactly a shut down performance, but I guess when you've got a three run lead it doesn't hurt his chances of losing the job quickly. 

Less than ideal but Gallo beat him for a 2-run shot. He was clearly guessing fastball and got one up and in and turned on it. I don’t think it changes much.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

happy to have both rostered for free in my saves hungry deep money league...one is the full-time closer, the other will get his saves as well in a two-headed closer role

This is me as well. Both have been more valuable than my drafted closers - Edwin Diaz and Anthony Bass (oof)

3 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

thoughts on Colome going forward?...taken out of role for now, but his career numbers coming into this season have been pretty good.

I actually expect him to get another shot.  Rodgers hasn't been lights out.  But we need to see Colome have a few games of not giving up 3 runs.

3 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

thoughts on Colome going forward?.

My immediate thought is that I'm looking forward to other owner(s) in my league giving him another shot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
22 minutes ago, Denbo32 said:

I actually expect him to get another shot.  Rodgers hasn't been lights out.  But we need to see Colome have a few games of not giving up 3 runs.

Yesterday’s 2 ER were the first ER he’s given up all season. 
1.74 ERA, 10.45 K/9, 0.87 BB/9

That’s pretty lights out. 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Denbo32 said:

You need to do your homework on Rogers this year

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Thoughts on the backup closer in Detroit?  I have Soto and wouldn't mind rostering the backup. Yes, they wont get many saves but AL only league so any save counts.

I thought it was Bryan Garcia...but they have him warming up in the 3rd inning in a blowout game.

Edit: Enters the game in the 3rd inning down 8-2

Edited by murraygd13