Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

4. Dealer’s Choice (MIN) – Taylor Rogers (43 pitches) and Tyler Duffey (24 pitches) have pitched in two straight while Hansel Robles threw 27 pitches yesterday. The Twins don’t have Thursday off, either.
 

from closer monkey. I think that Alex Colome will get the opportunity if there is one tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clase owners seeing Karinchak walk a couple and then give up a 💣 

RIP Tyler Chatwood the Closer Born 5/23/2021 3:40 PM  Died 5/23/2021 3:50 PM "Thanks for the Memories!"

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

[...]

need new info on coonrod and Trevor may

Edited by tonycpsu
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

need new info on coonrod and Trevor may

 

and Tyler Rogers, go grab if you have room!

Edited by tonycpsu
Link to post
Share on other sites

Antone's 2 innings/29 pitches signals they may continue to use him for only 1-2 IP in high leverage/closing.  The potential move to the rotation we read about in spring training will have to wait for that need to outweigh the bullpen need I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone think Crichton could hang onto the AZ closer job? He has somewhat underwhelming stuff, but had success closing at the end of last year and has been successful so far this year in the role. Anyone think they'd move back to Soria (or someone else) or is this Crichton's job to lose at this point?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sportallyr said:

Anyone think Crichton could hang onto the AZ closer job? He has somewhat underwhelming stuff, but had success closing at the end of last year and has been successful so far this year in the role. Anyone think they'd move back to Soria (or someone else) or is this Crichton's job to lose at this point?

Great question. He hasn’t been great, but there’s really no certainty Soria was the closer to begin the season anyway.

I stashed Soria so hoping he gets it haha, but wouldn’t be shocked at all if Crichton holds the job.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Diego Castillo (right groin tightness) to the IL and Fairbanks activated from the IL in a corresponding move.  Anyone care to take an educated guess on who gets Rays saves?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Diego Castillo (right groin tightness) to the IL and Fairbanks activated from the IL in a corresponding move.  Anyone care to take an educated guess on who gets Rays saves?

Fairbanks and Kittredge and Springs

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably goes back to normal in Tampa now that the guy he seemed to finally settle on after multiple years of using a committee is hurt.  I know some will say it was technically still a committee, but getting almost all of the team's saves so far said otherwise.

In SF, Rogers should get every chance to run with the role.  I say should since this is Kapler, but Rogers has been great.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why the Rays can't have nice things (like dedicated closers, I suppose the Pennant was a nice thing last year).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bard may have just been bailed out for his entire job by the first base umpire on a 3-2 check swing, after walking the first two batters of the inning. Alex Wood immediately got tossed from the dugout for jawing at him, it did look like Casali went around but it was close. Bud Black is standing on the top step...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bard scrapes by, after a double steal and throwing error from Nunez allows a run to score, he gets a grounder from Ruf to dial the defcon level back a bit. Was it pretty, no way. They had the kid Lawrence in the pen, and they let Bard throw over 30 pitches because they want him as the guy. Hang onto your stashes for his next opportunity, but if he converts it he'll be solid again. This act is probably going to teeter back and forth all year, but he is capable to go on a solid run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

They had the kid Lawrence in the pen, and they let Bard throw over 30 pitches because they want him as the guy. Hang onto your stashes for his next opportunity, but if he converts it he'll be solid again. This act is probably going to teeter back and forth all year, but he is capable to go on a solid run.

You are saying that Lawrence was throwing behind Bard, not Givens?  Givens did pitch the day before but had the 2 previous days off so...are you thinking Lawrence is next in line?  Seems unlikely (since he is a rookie) for any team, especially the Rockies.  But exciting if true!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, EWV1 said:

You are saying that Lawrence was throwing behind Bard, not Givens?  Givens did pitch the day before but had the 2 previous days off so...are you thinking Lawrence is next in line?  Seems unlikely (since he is a rookie) for any team, especially the Rockies.  But exciting if true!

No I'm just noting it, but it was usage based and I'm sure Givens would be preferred over a rookie with 4 major league appearances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Based on Kapler’s comment, do you think McGee still gets one more shot or do you think Rogers gets the next shot? 

It might depend on who is batting.  I would say 80% Rogers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Based on Kapler’s comment, do you think McGee still gets one more shot or do you think Rogers gets the next shot? 

I stopped trying to predict what Gabe Kabler will do a long time ago. The man has applied so much coconut oil to his body over his lifetime it has seeped into his brain cells.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I stopped trying to predict what Gabe Kabler will do a long time ago. The man has applied so much coconut oil to his body over his lifetime it has seeped into his brain cells.

That's Gabe "The Body" Kapler to you!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to all those fantasy managers out there that happen to pick up Ian Kennedy off the wiaver wire about 3 weeks ago.  My lord what a run of saves this guy is having

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mks said:

Congratulations to all those fantasy managers out there that happen to pick up Ian Kennedy off the wiaver wire about 3 weeks ago.  My lord what a run of saves this guy is having

I picked him up 3 weeks ago and haven’t even started him yet because I didn’t think it was real.  Now I’m scared to put him in my lineup for fear of ruining it for everyone else...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...