NBC Sports Edge Forums

16 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Better late than never, but... Go Klubot! :)  Nice to have that version of him back, even just for a little while.

I know he's the story here, but are we going to have to take a good luck at Jose Urena now? He's now thrown 4 quality starts, and today with good strikeouts. He's not going to win many games in Detroit, and his walk rate is still too high, but he's going to get leash. Getting over that 100 pitch count is really a big thing now, and the Tigers would love to flip him at the deadline. He might even go to a contending team like the Yanks and suddenly have a chance to win some games...

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the feeling. When you see your player's team put up that many runs and you look at the box score and they did nothing, your reaction is this:

Go Dylan Bundy. Happy 88th bday to Willie Nelson. 

Lindor is 0-4 again I hope he doesn’t get another AB. This guy sucks 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Cubs haven't fixed anyone in their pitching lab in years. The most recent was Jake Arrieta, and I think he lost all of his power because he shaved his beard in the offseason following their WS win. Same thing perhaps as your theory on Williams, who I think has the best tattoo in all of MLB-that raven arm sleeve is SICK. 

9 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Don't see it happening, especially since he's just not very good.  He had one good and one decent season with the Pirates, but otherwise he was just bad.  Maybe they could tell him to get rid of the ridiculous hair, since he hasn't been the same pitcher since he forgot what hair clippers were.

Kidding aside, I'm actually serious that he hasn't been the same pitcher since he let his hair grow long for no reason.

In the lab.....The Cubs encouraged him to throw his sinker more (as he did in 2018) and changed the grip to his change up which added movement. Dr Frankenstein's Monster? Rebuilt?

Posted (edited)

I am so bad at this. Was gonna start Turner and bench carlson but put him in last min. Turner 2 for 2 and carlson another useless game. I mighta been on shrooms.

Teason i started carlson is that he is hitting abt .400 when on bench.

Edited by papasmurf
10 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

I know he's the story here, but are we going to have to take a good luck at Jose Urena now? He's now thrown 4 quality starts, and today with good strikeouts. He's not going to win many games in Detroit, and his walk rate is still too high, but he's going to get leash. Getting over that 100 pitch count is really a big thing now, and the Tigers would love to flip him at the deadline. He might even go to a contending team like the Yanks and suddenly have a chance to win some games...

If he can keep the walks down like he has during his really nice run (that I never knew about until now), then I don't see why he can't keep pitching well.  He's not flashy and won't get many wins at all unless he does get moved, but I won't deny the run he's been on (even if some of the competition has been weak).

1 minute ago, mehtavg2000 said:

11 runs already for the Dodgers and Betts 0-3.  That sounds about right.

I know the feeling. When you see your player's team put up that many runs and you look at the box score and they did nothing, your reaction is this:

spacer.png

• Haha 4
5 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

spacer.png

Was hoping that Lux played a part in that.....but as Luxcks will have it, no

Posted (edited)

Austin Riley has been absolutely en fuego.

Edit: Xander Bogaerts is a ******** beast. Can you believe his jersey isn't even available in the mlb shop? This man is the most underrated guy of all time.

Edited by collucho
Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Springer removed from the game

🤮

Concerning for sure. But he is still in the dugout. May be getting a rest/they are being cautious with his ABs. We'll see. I have 0 bench and 3 hitters on the IL so really hope he's DTD

37 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Garver just mashed a 3 run HR.

Guys heating up a bit. Nice option to ride if you're using the catcher by committee approach to the year. 

Javy mashes a 2R bomb off Sims after just missing the pitch before, and the big trio for the Cubs have gone deep 4 times today. Antone's in with 2 outs in the 7th and a 1 run lead.

Once again, Tony Wolters is hustling his BUTT off behind the plate today. Who cares, right? He's a backup catcher and not a fantasy player. Well, true. But he tried the brilliant steal of home attempt when the catcher threw it back to the pitcher lackadaisically, and was initially ruled safe before a BS replay overturn that was far from definitive.

Just now he hustles down the 1st base line neck and neck with speedster Nick Senzel just backing up the throw from 3rd base on a dribbler, something I've almost never seen big league catchers bother to do. Gotta give credit to a guy playing the game the right way. 

• Like 1