NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the feeling. When you see your player's team put up that many runs and you look at the box score and they did nothing, your reaction is this:

Go Dylan Bundy. Happy 88th bday to Willie Nelson. 

Lindor is 0-4 again I hope he doesn’t get another AB. This guy sucks 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, mks said:

Go Giolito you owe us a good one now lets do it.

12 hrs later Comes up small again. This dude is weak.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Richard Kimble said:

Once again, Tony Wolters is hustling his BUTT off behind the plate today. Who cares, right? He's a backup catcher and not a fantasy player. Well, true. But he tried the brilliant steal of home attempt when the catcher threw it back to the pitcher lackadaisically, and was initially ruled safe before a BS replay overturn that was far from definitive.

Just now he hustles down the 1st base line neck and neck with speedster Nick Senzel just backing up the throw from 3rd base on a dribbler, something I've almost never seen big league catchers bother to do. Gotta give credit to a guy playing the game the right way. 

He even shifted over to 2nd base after the collision, but couldn't get the key hit in the 10th with 1 away and runners on 2nd and 3rd following an IBB/double steal. Love the effort. The Cubs are now bringing in Arrieta to pinch HIT and the Reds aren't going to let Garrett face him with practically no one left in the pen, that's how much confidence they have in Amir right now. 

Edited by Richard Kimble

The Cubs without any bench batters left send Arrieta to the plate to pinch hit for Chafin in the top of the 10th.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, twoseemer said:

The Cubs without any bench batters left send Arrieta to the plate to pinch hit for Chafin in the top of the 10th.

Like I said, the Reds wouldn't even let Garrett face him. Then the dude does a stupid over the railing hop after Arrieta strikes out, probably just because he cares about his horrendous ERA. After almost starting a bench clearing brawl the other day barking at Anthony Rizzo (possibly the most liked player within MLB amongst players) for no reason at all. This dude is the biggest head case I've seen since...John Rocker? No, Francisco Rodriguez, actually, that man was a legit sociopath.

Edited by Richard Kimble

Wow, Urias and Bundy on the bench,  Mahle/Rogers/Antone all in getting smacked around... everything going right!

My opponent doing his best to hand me a victory just as the jaws of defeat were closing in on me!

1 minute ago, Richard Kimble said:

Like I said, the Reds wouldn't even let Garrett face him. Then the dude does a stupid over the railing hop after Arrieta strikes out, probably just because he cares about his horrendous ERA. After almost starting a bench clearing brawl the other day barking at Anthony Rizzo (possibly the most liked player within MLB amongst players) for no reason at all. This dude is the biggest head case I've seen since...John Rocker? No, Francisco Rodriguez, actually, that man was a legit sociopath.

If I was a player, I would just point to the scoreboard to point out his era and tell him to shut the yapper.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Ugueth Urbina says hello

I know they both stabbed guys, but Rodriguez's was a family member. Good one tho.

Edited by Richard Kimble
11 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Did anyone see the Happ injury?  Look bad?  Any blood?

never seen so much blood and gore in my life

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, bluntbros said:

I’ve watched it 10 friggen times in 4K. Gushing blood...no. A little on the trainers hanky...yes. No concussion. He got his spleen blown to smitherines by Nico’s knee.

I really have to call out this kind of callous speculation, it's almost like you're calling him a ninny by using words like hanky, and then you throw in a serious thing like a spleen injury (its spelled smithereens BTW) while in the same breath saying its not a concussion. You have no clue what you're talking about on any level yet you seem happy to bask in someone else's pain, not cool at all. Discussion of injury speculation is often wildly irresponsible guesswork, but at least add something relevant to the conversation rather than act like its UFC or something.

52 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

dude, there was blood gushing when the trainers got there. when he got on the cart there was blood on his nose. I don't know why you're hung up on this.

Sorry what the hell actually happened on the field?

Posted (edited)

The mighty Angels have 1 hit in 5 innings off Justus Sheffield.  

Their a joke.. 

Edited by weakkneeswilly

Anyone watching the Oakland Baltimore game?

With Chapman on 2nd, Lowrie hit a grounder a few steps to the left of the 3rd baseman who made a play on it.

3rd baseman bobbled the transfer and Lowrie beat the throw. Chapman hustled from three get-go and scored on the play, with the 1st baseman also bubbling the transfer while attempting to throw home.

It was scored an RBI single. 

Can anyone explain this official scorer's decision to me?

It has to be changed, right?

Story just took a Chris Devenski fastball right off his index finger and that digit is swollen, but he's staying in to run. I don't like the look of it one bit. 

Just now, Richard Kimble said:

Story just took a Chris Devenski fastball right off his index finger and that digit is swollen, but he's staying in to run. I don't like the look of it one bit. 

Yup... if my players could quit getting plunked and injured I would appreciate it.