NBC Sports EDGE Forums

5/2 - GAME DAY THREAD

9 minutes ago, Grungejrrgv said:

Anyone watching the Oakland Baltimore game?

With Chapman on 2nd, Lowrie hit a grounder a few steps to the left of the 3rd baseman who made a play on it.

3rd baseman bobbled the transfer and Lowrie beat the throw. Chapman hustled from three get-go and scored on the play, with the 1st baseman also bubbling the transfer while attempting to throw home.

It was scored an RBI single. 

Can anyone explain this official scorer's decision to me?

It has to be changed, right?

An earned run was charged to ma dawg Jace Fry. That is why I am pissed beyond belief!

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Grungejrrgv said:

An earned run was charged to ma dawg Jace Fry. That is why I am pissed beyond belief!

Paul Fry, the only current MLB Jace is Peterson unless I'm forgetting another. If either is on your fantasy team you've got serious problems.

Edited by Richard Kimble

3 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Paul Fry, the only current MLB Jace is Peterson unless I'm forgetting another. If either is on your fantasy team you've got serious problems.

Yup ma dawg Paul Fry

Posted (edited)

Oh man how am I just now realizing that MLB has an additional pair of brothers in the mix. Justus Sheffield of the Ms and Jordan Sheffield of the Rockies (both cousins of the legendary hall of famer Tony) and with his promotion today, Braves catcher William Contreras joins brother Willson on the big league scene. I grabbed the former in my 2-catcher NL only league and renamed my team "Au Contreras Mon Frere" 😃 as I already had Willson there.

Edited by Richard Kimble

7 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Story hurt now, too. F this day.

Yeah, looked good be in a lot of pain too. They left him in to run, and he stole a base. Might be a decent sign at least. I know when I broke my finger I instantly sat down it was throbbing so bad. 

5 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Oh man how am I just now realizing that MLB has an additional pair of brothers in the mix. Justus Sheffield of the Ms and Jordan Sheffield of the Rockies (both cousins of the legendary hall of famer Tony) and with his promotion today, Braves catcher William Contreras joins brother Willson on the big league scene. I grabbed the former in my 2-catcher NL only league and renamed my team "Au Contreras Mon Frere" 😃 as I already had Willson there.

Not familiar with what hall of fame Tony Sheffield is in

3 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

But he tried the brilliant steal of home attempt when the catcher threw it back to the pitcher lackadaisically, and was initially ruled safe before a BS replay overturn that was far from definitive.

Brillian? What?

It was an idiotic play that doesn't even work in little league, and he was clearly out. Not sure how you can see that replay and say the out call was BS

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Brillian? What?

It was an idiotic play that doesn't even work in little league, and he was clearly out. Not sure how you can see that replay and say the out call was BS

I don't care it was gutsy and he caught 'em off guard but flubbed the slide, I found it outrageous that they challenged at all, they should have had the good sportsmanship to let the call stand. Not like it made a difference in the game...😒

Edited by Richard Kimble

44 minutes ago, Grungejrrgv said:

1) who in the world is Jace Fry?

2) LOL at rostering any Fry in baseball

3) That play is almost universally ruled a hit and an earned run. I mean who would you give an error to?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cs3 said:

1) who in the world is Jace Fry?

2) LOL at rostering any Fry in baseball

3) That play is almost universally ruled a hit and an earned run. I mean who would you give an error to?

2) Paul fry had a sub 1 era 13.5 k/9 and 4 holds. 
He’s a guy that is reasonable to roster in deeper leagues that count Holds. (He’s rostered in my 14 teamer) 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I was all excited to see that the dodgers scored 16 runs today then I open the boxscore and Mookie was 0-4 and left the game early cause of a blowout. " sigh"

Edited by mks

2 minutes ago, mks said:

I was all excited to see that the dodgers scored 16 runs today then I open the boxscore and Mookie was 0-4 and left the game early cause of a blowout. " sigh"

To be honest, it was just beaty and pollock that did the damage in that lineup today.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Gary isn’t in the hall of fame..lol

he should be thou

Edited by mks