NBC Sports Edge Forums

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 5

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 5

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 5 of the 2021 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Robbie hasn't walked any batters his last two outings. Only gets one start against the A's, but I am still touting him here.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

The Giants go to Colorado opening a lot of streaming opportunities.  Belt, Longo, Slater and Brandon Crawford.  Sneaky SS add.

Yep. And with Solano on IL and Tommy LaS quite likely to join him, Wilmer should continue to get plenty of opps to hit his way back.

Deeeep league grab I have been taking a shot on is Matt Beaty from LAD, decent OF4/5 or CI option for 16+ team leagues. He has started 3 straight and they have 6 righties on tap.

• Like 1

Willie Calhoun is a nice pickup right now if you need OF help. Batting leadoff against RHP and had a nice game against a LHP in the 7 spot. He's leading off today. 7% owned in Yahoo! leagues.

Jurickson Profar is a nice glue guy, someone who can possibly get you 10-15 over the course of the year. He's in a good lineup and is MI (2b) and OF eligible. He plays pretty much daily. He's only owned in 25% of Yahoo! leagues right now. Not a bad guy if you need a MI option or depth guy...

Dom Nunez is seeing time in the starting lineup for the Rockies, and they're playing a series in Coors, so he could be worth a stream if you just lost a catcher (like a bunch of people have). He's more of a deep league dive...but could still help if he plays. Best for daily lineup leagues where you can drop him and add someone else if he isn't starting. 5% owned in Yahoo!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Deeeep league grab I have been taking a shot on is Matt Beaty from LAD, decent OF4/5 or CI option for 16+ team leagues. He has started 3 straight and they have 6 righties on tap.

Agreed... and then saw that he isn't starting tonight even though he just had a monster game.  That's the unfortunate thing with the backup OFs for the Dodgers.  There's no permanent spot for them unless there's an injury, so it's hard to recommend them outside of daily leagues when you see them in the lineup.

JD Davis to the IL today.  Opens up 3b for Villar.  Could be a good source of SBs for as long as Davis is out.  Doesn't hurt that he is eligible at 2B, SS, 3B on Y!

• Like 1

I am looking at Justin Dunn as a possible streamer for tomorrow (Tuesday.) He just got a W @ Baltimore a couple of starts ago, and the game is in Seattle this time. I know things can get a little wild sometimes when pitchers go against the same team twice in a short span of time, but I also feel like the O's have been extra bad recently, and it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Jarrod Dyson has to be a SB pickup option at this point. Unless the White Sox trade for someone he is likely to be playing frequently. 

Just now, mudrummer said:

Jarrod Dyson has to be a SB pickup option at this point. Unless the White Sox trade for someone he is likely to be playing frequently. 

Doesn't he play for the Royals?

25 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Doesn't he play for the Royals?

See what I meant to say was Billy Hamilton 🙄

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

Speaking again about Sf at colorado, looking at michael tauchman

I think Tauchman could be a good pickup in general, not just to stream, but obviously a coors matchup is enticing.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

I think Tauchman could be a good pickup in general, not just to stream, but obviously a coors matchup is enticing.

Yeah, until Yaz is back, Tauchman could be a safe play.

Touted him before, but will do it again: Pavin Smith. Doesn't hurt that he's leading off for the DBags.

Another name I'll toss out there is Luis Urias. He has been hot lately, and he's batting 2 in the order tonight I just noticed. I know Yelich and Cain are sitting and that could be a big part of the reason, but if you're in a deep league that uses MI or CI options he isn't a bad add.

On 5/3/2021 at 1:09 AM, KingJoffrey said:

The Giants go to Colorado opening a lot of streaming opportunities.  Belt, Longo, Slater and Brandon Crawford.  Sneaky SS add.

Great call I picked up Belt he’s killing it 

• Like 1

Deep leagues with 4 or 5 OF spots could take a look at Tyrone Taylor with Yeli going back to IL.

The guy has really come a long ways last few years, has hit the ball very loudly and has plenty of sprint speed. Good home park and the possibility to carve out a regular role for a bit.

10 minutes ago, jdizzle said:

Great call I picked up Belt he’s killing it 

10 runs in the first inning..nice, even better than expected.  Poor Marquez owners.

On 5/4/2021 at 5:28 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Deep leagues with 4 or 5 OF spots could take a look at Tyrone Taylor with Yeli going back to IL.

The guy has really come a long ways last few years, has hit the ball very loudly and has plenty of sprint speed. Good home park and the possibility to carve out a regular role for a bit.

Options to the minors two days ago. Back to the majors now. Brewers are more neurotic with their add/drops than I am.

Could be a quick blip, but if you are in a bind at C position, def keep an eye on William Contreras of ATL. Hit a 110 MPH HR tonight 428 FT.

He is a legit prospect and seems like a pretty sure bet to be getting 5 starts a week in a good Braves lineup.

• Like 3

I am again looking at Luis Garcia for this coming week. He has a two start week though his matchups are against the Angels and the Rangers so I'm not sure I particularly love either. Regardless the Ks have been there and I don't think I can resist streaming him. If he does well this coming week, I will strongly consider holding as the Astros have a way of producing very solid SP.

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic