NBC Sports Edge Forums

• tonycpsu changed the title to Daniel Lynch 2021 Outlook

24 yr old lefty that was taken 34th overall outta college in the 2018 draft. He has never soaked an inning above A-ball, but has extremely impressive stuff.

Big jump for the kid, but plenty of reasons to be excited here.

Worth a flyer if you have room. Looks like he’ll be given a shot to stick around. Two start week at home vs Cleveland and the White Sox if you’re feeling frisky.

• Haha 1

He didn't allow any home runs which is good but 4 walks, not so much. Can't write anyone off from one start ever, but at least any acquisition cost shouldn't be too high at the moment.  Could need a little more time in the minors.

• Like 1

He actually looked fantastic. If Merrifield could turn a DP, they’re out of the inning and he goes 5ip and 1 ER, in line for the win and about 70 pitches. Instead, Barlow comes in, throws a wild pitch moving runners to 2nd and 3rd, then gives up a base hit, 2 runs charged to Lynch. 

Kid is gonna be a beast. 

• Like 5

I watched because I picked him up in a bunch of redrafts and I’m a big Royals fan and I thought he did pretty well. From a strictly fantasy standpoint I came away thinking he’s probably not quite ready to be an asset in redrafts this year. He throws hard and has a knuckle curve that flashed plus at times but I’m not sure he’s ready to get enough swings and misses, limit walks, and pitch deep into games. If your league rosters 100 starting pitchers I’d hang on but I’d bench against the white Sox. In smaller leagues I might drop if there’s a better option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 5/4/2021 at 1:22 PM, meh2 said:

I watched because I picked him up in a bunch of redrafts and I’m a big Royals fan and I thought he did pretty well. From a strictly fantasy standpoint I came away thinking he’s probably not quite ready to be an asset in redrafts this year. He throws hard and has a knuckle curve that flashed plus at times but I’m not sure he’s ready to get enough swings and misses, limit walks, and pitch deep into games. If your league rosters 100 starting pitchers I’d hang on but I’d bench against the white Sox. In smaller leagues I might drop if there’s a better option.

Solid advice, good sir.