NBC Sports EDGE Forums

5/5 - GAME DAY THREAD

4 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Screw your Valdez save, don't ever try to jinx a no-hitter like that again, that's a cardinal sin in baseball 

Yeah like a post online would effect a pitcher on the mound.  It sure didn't effect Means.  Time to bury that superstition with the last century.

6 minutes ago, Wallscrapers said:

Freddy Peralta summoning his best German Marquez impression.

Then strikes out 3 in a row. Granted it was the bottom of the order. Hope he's done with the impression

18 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Screw your Valdez save, don't ever try to jinx a no-hitter like that again, that's a cardinal sin in baseball 

I could give 2 sh*ts about Means throwing a no-hitter or not..let me quote the great Sidney Deane for you.....”IT’S ABOUT MONEY, IT’S ABOUT GREED”!!

To anyone who followed the first 3 years of Peralta's career, this does not seem abnormal. In fact, if some other pitcher allowed the first 5 batters to score, then struck out the next six, I'd say they were doing their best Freddy Peralta impression.

• Like 1

Great news! 

The 27-year-old went 0-for-3 during the matinee to extend his hitless streak to 23 at-bats, so he'll head to the bench in the nightcap for the first time this season. Jonathan Villar will start at shortstop in Lindor's place for Game 2.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

Thanks Freddy.  Knew a blow was coming. My fault. 

I only had one response to that display:

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!!!

Edited by Overlord

Padres playing small ball in the 1st inning. Cronenworth bunts Pham over to 2nd. The 1st 2 batters of the 1st inning. Is small ball back? Manufacturing runs.

Very happy with Fried's return. Pleasantly surprised - he pitched better tonight than his starts before the hammy. He was basically unhittable - very sharp outing imo.

• Like 1