NBC Sports EDGE Forums

5/5 - GAME DAY THREAD

I know Means had the almost perfect game, but I think Ray is the real story tonight. This is three games in a row now where he's not walking people and throwing tons of strikes. Time to go all in on this guy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I mean he did only give up 2 runs.  Ace or not, that’s a pretty good line worthy of a win.  

They got him runs in the bottom of the 6th if they didn;t pull him out I hate mangers who panic This SD Manager is the new Capt Hook

48 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

I know Means had the almost perfect game, but I think Ray is the real story tonight. This is three games in a row now where he's not walking people and throwing tons of strikes. Time to go all in on this guy.

I think the story of the day is the guy that threw a no-hitter, myself.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, FearTheHawk said:

Dodgers are SLIDING

Maybe they will stop resting there players and get serious about winning games. They thought they could put it on cruse control till the playoffs I guess.

9 minutes ago, mks said:

Maybe they will stop resting there players and get serious about winning games. They thought they could put it on cruse control till the playoffs I guess.

....Nah, they’ll keep resting them.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yeah like a post online would effect a pitcher on the mound.  It sure didn't effect Means.  Time to bury that superstition with the last century.

That's the joke

1 hour ago, 5catstud said:

Everyone listen to me now...

Pick up Robbie Ray. Run, don’t walk. He’s a different SP now. Better than ever

Not sure which game you watched, but Ray didn't actually look that great. It took him 95 pitches just to get through 6 innings, and he still gave up 3ER. Not like it was some brilliant performance. Still inefficient and still gave up 2 homeruns. No thanks.