NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 minutes ago, Wieties said:

I'm surprised they're doing this at this time.

Why now?

He pretty much made it clear this was his last season. It seemed they were planning this "final tour" for him.

Maddon even gave him the opening day start and sat Walsh on the bench for the 1st 2 games of the season.

I wonder if there's another shoe to drop in this?

Maybe the Angel's have a replacement in mind.

Walsh, and to make room for marsh or adell.

Kind of feel sorry for pujols going out like this, but he simply can't play anymore.

• Like 1
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who Bats after Alec Bohm? Answer: The other team.

Great promo today in STL, bring your dog to the park for a free walk from real-life pitcher John Gant.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Kind of feel sorry for pujols going out like this, but he simply can't play anymore.

Man I almost forgot about Adell. 

2 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

beat writer from la said this about pujols:

Interesting. Pujols is a proud man. This was going to come to a head at some point. Better to get it out of the way early. Has his wife tweeted yet?

1 minute ago, slaphitter said:

Interesting. Pujols is a proud man. This was going to come to a head at some point. Better to get it out of the way early. Has his wife tweeted yet?

I don't know, does she have a history of tweeting outlandish things?

3 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

I don't know, does she have a history of tweeting outlandish things?

Not outlandish. I think she tweeted something in spring training that Albert had to disavow. All good

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

He had a good long run.  Amazing career.  Not many guys are still out there hitting home runs at 43 or 44 years of age.

21 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

IF you took Pujols numbers with the Angels the last 10 yrs He ain't a HOF player. Its amazing the diffrence in 1st ten with the Cardinals and 2nd ten with the Angels. He did not have 1 year with the Angels better then any yr he had with the Cards Not even 1. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mks said:

IF you took Pujols numbers with the Angels the last 10 yrs He ain't a HOF player. Its amazing the diffrence in 1st ten with the Cardinals and 2nd ten with the Angels. He did not have 1 year with the Angels better then any yr he had with the Cards Not even 1. 

I know, it might go down as the worst contract in mlb history.

• Like 2

If you're a guy who likes dongs and you haven't been glued to mlb.tv for every Stanton at-bat these last few weeks you've been missing out.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mks said:

Not like he didn't produce. 6 years of at least 23hrs, 7 years of at least 93rbi. You can't expect 10+ years of 40/120/.340.

Posted (edited)

Please McCullers give me a clean inning....please.

Edit: Nice 4 pitch walk to start it off. 

Edited by collucho
6 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Sano is just awful

And he has been for years. I totally can not understand how the  Twins have not flat dropped him. Any random player they have in their farm system should be able to produce the numbers he does.