NBC Sports Edge Forums

is the Yankees/Astros game on MLB network behind? it has Cole in the 7th with the Yankees leading 3-1, but the boxscore online has the Astros leading. with YA just hitting his 2nd on MLB newtork. why are they behind?

• Like 1
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who Bats after Alec Bohm? Answer: The other team.

Great promo today in STL, bring your dog to the park for a free walk from real-life pitcher John Gant.

Posted Images

Just now, SpecialFNK said:

is the Yankees/Astros game on MLB network behind? it has Cole in the 7th with the Yankees leading 3-1, but the boxscore online has the Astros leading. with YA just hitting his 2nd on MLB newtork. why are they behind?

top of 9, astros up 5-4.

Astros - Yankees game.
pressly pitched in the 8th, so either a 2 inning stint or a hold.

not sure how the yankees scored - play by play says:
Gleyber Torres singled to right center Mike Ford struck out looking
Aaron Hicks reached on an infield single, Gleyber Torres scored
Torres scored from first on an infield single?

8 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

this was my fault. for whatever reason my playing of MLB network was an hour behind, I wasn't in live mode. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, tesla said:

Astros - Yankees game.
pressly pitched in the 8th, so either a 2 inning stint or a hold.

not sure how the yankees scored - play by play says:
Gleyber Torres singled to right center Mike Ford struck out looking
Aaron Hicks reached on an infield single, Gleyber Torres scored
Torres scored from first on an infield single?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, BradMaddox said:

What happened to Bux?

he tripped over a blade of grass in the outfield I guess. This guy could hurt himself sleeping.

Posted (edited)

It has been a terrible week for my team and I'm getting destroyed. but thank the lords for Randal Grichuk. What a beast. He doesn't get enough love around here.

Edited by FearTheHawk
9 minutes ago, BradMaddox said:

What happened to Bux?

He pulled up favoring his right leg running out a grounder. Just speculation but it looked like a pulled muscle- maybe calf?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, slaphitter said:

Pujols is a detriment in the field. Stiff as a board. Walsh has to be at first and Shohei at DH. Assuming the NL adds the DH next year, he can go out with the Cards. Angels need to move on

This is the last year of his contract.  He is NOT playing in 2022.  Cards can sign him for $1 for September 30th game this year.  Angels have to pay the difference so no skin off Cards' nose for last game of regular season.

2 hours ago, Picard56 said:

I know, it might go down as the worst contract in mlb history.

Oh his is but the first.   Well, Bonilla too but Pujols one sticks out like a sore thumb.  And Mets fans are already thinking about the Lindor contract going to be even worse.  As a Red Sox fan I can think of a few.  Pedroia's and that Cuban prospect that fizzled etc etc.  But Pujols one is the poster contract on what NOT to do.

Meanwhile over 300 pitches thrown in Tigers at Boston game and it is still just the top of the 8th.  9-8 Tigers right now.  Goodrum playing like an all star and poor Bobby Dalbec is now 0 for a zillion and struck out with the bases loaded.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Great diving catch by Gallo to end the game, and if you were curious why they were off to such a terrible start this year, Minnesota is now 0-7 in extra inning contests this year. Can't help but think the new rules are driving this anomaly. 

19 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Buxton hurt. Don’t shoot the messenger.

I'm focusing on the positive. He started 9 consecutive games! That might be a record.

Just now, SpartyOn4 said:

I'm focusing on the positive. He started 9 consecutive games! That might be a record.

He kept breaking his own record something like six consecutive times during that streak!

5 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

This is the last year of his contract.  He is NOT playing in 2022.  Cards can sign him for $1 for September 30th game this year.  Angels have to pay the difference so no skin off Cards' nose for last game of regular season.

Oh his is but the first.   Well, Bonilla too but Pujols one sticks out like a sore thumb.  And Mets fans are already thinking about the Lindor contract going to be even worse.  As a Red Sox fan I can think of a few.  Pedroia's and that Cuban prospect that fizzled etc etc.  But Pujols one is the poster contract on what NOT to do.

Meanwhile over 300 pitches thrown in Tigers at Boston game and it is still just the top of the 8th.  9-8 Tigers right now.  Goodrum playing like an all star and poor Bobby Dalbec is now 0 for a zillion and struck out with the bases loaded.

oh man, I wish I remembered the name of that Cuban guy. That was like 4-5 years ago. People here were pretty hyped for him.

43 minutes ago, herschel said:

anyone watching yanks/astros?  did torres really just score from first on an infield hit?  

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

oh man, I wish I remembered the name of that Cuban guy. That was like 4-5 years ago. People here were pretty hyped for him.

Rusney Castillo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, BMcP said:

Rusney Castillo

The MLB Players Union probably sends out fliers with nothing except Rusney Castillo's face on it every few weeks just to remind U.S.-born players how f***ing badly they are getting hosed in comparison to international signings that don't have to go through the ludicrous draft/control/arbitration system.  

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

You made me look him up.  Rusney Castillo.  And he is still in professional baseball I see according to Wikipedia.

On January 9, 2021, Castillo signed a $600K contract with the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles of Nippon Professional Baseball. On April 23, 2021, Castillo made his NPB debut.

Smaller paycheck these days. 

He got the big paycheck back then because Sox were trying to outbid the Yankees for him since NY was said to be in on him big time too.  Get a bidding war between arch rivals and look what happened.  Sox won Rusney.  Yankees won the war.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

only 180 mill on tomas, guerrero, and castillo. (not sure i included signing bonus) not bad not bad

Edited by colepenhagen