NBC Sports Edge Forums

Posted (edited)

Imagine receiving a signing bonus as a top U.S. prospect that represents a small fraction of international signing bonuses (who don't have to worry about the draft) when you also know the team will manipulate and control your rights for every single one of your prime years.  

That one pitcher who went to Japan instead of forcing that s**t sandwich down his maw is a f***ing hero, in my opinion.  

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 2
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who Bats after Alec Bohm? Answer: The other team.

Great promo today in STL, bring your dog to the park for a free walk from real-life pitcher John Gant.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, FearTheHawk said:

James Karinchak is such a boss. Is there a better reliever in baseball right now?

Yes many. He just took 24 pitches to get through that inning pretty unconvincingly

Just now, FearTheHawk said:

James Karinchak is such a boss. Is there a better reliever in baseball right now?

ian kennedy?

• Like 1
Just now, Ryansm11 said:

Bichette stole 2nd and 3rd, that’s my dude. Teoscar with a steal too. 

Bo is amazing. I'm watching the game. He ran out a groundball and slid safe into first to beat the pitcher covering. Then he swiped 2nd and third. Such a bad a**

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, FearTheHawk said:

I just posted about this in the middle reliever thread (before he even threw a pitch that inning), but that's five of the last seven and three of the last four he's pitched in and they were all high leverage.  It's the first week of May and Karinchak is on pace for 85ish innings.

Indians need to back the f*** off their 25 year old relieving stud or he's going to get hurt.  

Edited by Overlord
Posted (edited)

Sox beat Tigers at Fenway 12 to 9 and NOT one single homer in the whole game, haha.  Small ball is back, baby!

Also a typical Sox game this year.  Over 4 hours.  That is getting ridiculous.  It was a big deal when Sox and Yankee games took over 3 hours not that long ago when the "work the pitch count" thing was a thing.  Now they aren't working the pitch count and yet we are up to 4+ hour games.  (Over 4 and 1/4 hours today).

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, knifeparty said:

How does Pablo Lopez have 94 pitches through 5, only giving up 3 hits and 2 walks?  

weak foul ball contact and the squeeze treatment from blue.

• Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

How does Pablo Lopez have 94 pitches through 5, only giving up 3 hits and 2 walks?  

He also hit 2 batters, including Bumgarner.

Posted (edited)

Angels blow a 3 run lead. How is that Get Mike Trout to the postseason plan working out for them. The player they signed to a HUGE contract A Rodon is hurt. their new closer sucks,and they are currently in last place in the division . Congratulations Front office bozos! They should have fork the money for Bauer, Darvish  and Hendrik if they wanted to be serious about getting Trout to the playoffs.

Edited by mks
2 minutes ago, mks said:

Angels blow a 3 run lead. How is that Get Mike trout to the postseason plan working out for them. The player they signed to a HUGE contrect A Rodon is hurt and they are currently in last place in the division . Congratulations Front office bozos! They should have fork the money for Bauer, Darvish  and Hendrik if they wanted to be serious about playoffs.

Oh wow, didn’t realize the rangers have a better record. 

2 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Sano: has the highest power per at bat over the past couple years 

people in this thread: Minnesota should drop him 

lots of windy days at target feild with all those powerful swing and misses

I feel like the “you don’t hit for two days, you’re cut” approach would be fun to see play out in real-life baseball.

25 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I feel like the “you don’t hit for two days, you’re cut” approach would be fun to see play out in real-life baseball.

He has wiffed 24 times in 53 ABs and is currently hitting .113. Thats a whole lot more then 2 days of not hitting. Last yr he wiffed 90 times in 184 abs at .204 and 2019 he wiffed 159 times in 380 abs at .247.  Career 855 ks with 2020 abs thats what about 46 or so  % of the time he wiffs.

1 minute ago, mks said:

He has wiffed 24 times in 53 ABs and is currently hitting .113. Thats a whole lot more then 2 days of not hitting. Last yr he wiffed 90 times in 184 abs at .204 and 2019 he wiffed 159 times in 380 abs at .247.  Career 855 ks with 2020 abs thats what about 46 or so  % of the time he wiffs.

Why is this addressed to me?  I just made a bemusing comment about how a particular management strategy would turn out in the bigs.

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, mks said:

Yeah BMcP, what do you have to say to that!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Overlord said:

I just posted about this in the middle reliever thread (before he even threw a pitch that inning), but that's five of the last seven and three of the last four he's pitched in and they were all high leverage.  It's the first week of May and Karinchak is on pace for 85ish innings.

Indians need to back the f*** off their 25 year old relieving stud or he's going to get hurt.  

As a Karinchak owner, I completely agree. It was a 4-0 game too. 

• Like 1