NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

One year I had Flaherty and he was the best pitcher I’ve ever seen for like 3 months. I keep drafting him hoping for that same guy. 

He hasn't been that guy, but you've gotta be happy with him this year. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Wade Miley throws a perfect game tonight the MLB better start digging through drawers to find some of those old 2019 baseballs to put in play. This is getting ridiculous.

I love the tacit grammatical irony here - levels.

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

If Wade Miley throws a perfect game tonight the MLB better start digging through drawers to find some of those old 2019 baseballs to put in play. This is getting ridiculous.

Honestly I don't mind. We had a stretch of it being a pitcher's league 10 years ago followed by a half decade or so of bouncy ball launch angle offense. Now pitchers are dominating again. I like it going back and forth.

A fun fantasy game would be choosing who will be throwing a no-hitter each night

3 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Honestly I don't mind. We had a stretch of it being a pitcher's league 10 years ago followed by a half decade or so of bouncy ball launch angle offense. Now pitchers are dominating again. I like it going back and forth.

I don’t like the extremes. 2019 was equally ridiculous with 160lb slap hitters suddenly hitting 20 homers and now this year with a no hit bid every other night and tons of solid players hitting under .200. Deadened balls, humidors everywhere, shifts, pitchers hitting is not making for an exciting product, imo.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

One year I had Flaherty and he was the best pitcher I’ve ever seen for like 3 months. I keep drafting him hoping for that same guy. 

the guys 6-0 what more do you want

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, BMcP said:

A fun fantasy game would be choosing who will be throwing a no-hitter each night

You've gotta think bigger than just one no-no a night. Maybe which arm from each league? Sean Manaea and Wade Miley are both tracking for one tonight. 

5 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Betts needs a week off or something.  

he is taking the week off, just playing too.

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Tough crowd for anyone who is critical of Flaherty’s performance this year.

5 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

You've gotta think bigger than just one no-no a night. Maybe which arm from each league? Sean Manaea and Wade Miley are both tracking for one tonight. 

True - we have simultaneous no-hitter and perfect-game alerts going - I need to expand my horizons.

Even though I own Clase everywhere, I'm fine with it if it leads to Miley's no-hitter. I'd rather see a good story like this, and Clase hadn't given up any runs yet this year. Let's see Miley seal the deal. 

12 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I don’t like the extremes. 2019 was equally ridiculous with 160lb slap hitters suddenly hitting 20 homers and now this year with a no hit bid every other night and tons of solid players hitting under .200. Deadened balls, humidors everywhere, shifts, pitchers hitting is not making for an exciting product, imo.

Well yeah a perfect balance would be nice but that's almost impossible with both pitchers and hitters going to such lengths to get an upper hand with PEDs, foreign substances, spin rate, launch angle, etc. And then teams and the league doing their part with moving in fences, messing with the ball, banging on trash cans...

Honestly I just want shorter games. Make 2:40 closer to the norm. These 5-1 games that last longer than the Godfather II are a ******** drag, man.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Oh I absolutely am, he’s been great. I’ve just been chasing that peak since then. 

18 minutes ago, mks said:

the guys 6-0 what more do you want

He had a .91 ERA for 15 games 2nd half of 2019 and averaged 11.2 K/9. He was an absolute monster. He’s a CY Young talent that just can’t quite put it all together. He’s been great though, much better then the giolito/castillo grouping he was drafted by. 

• Like 2

What did I say earlier this week about Cleveland being the worst hitting team in the league?  No hit for the 2nd time this year..LOL

6 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Snell has to be the most ineffcient starting pitcher... 2 2/3 IP so far and he's at 62 pitches already.

He is upset he isn't a diamond rating on the show. Whatever that means haha

If Ramirez, Reyes, and Rosario aren’t hitting, Cleveland can be no-hit at any moment. The rest of that lineup is a bunch of scarecrows. What an embarrassment.