NBC Sports Edge Forums

6 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

What did I say earlier this week about Cleveland being the worst hitting team in the league?  No hit for the 2nd time this year..LOL

This month.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Wade Miley throws a perfect game tonight the MLB better start digging through drawers to find some of those old 2019 baseballs to put in play. This is getting ridiculous.

I love the tacit grammatical irony here - levels.

Is the rise of no hitters and the decrease in overall BA have to do with the changing of the balls?

Just now, pbjfb said:

Is the rise of no hitters and the decrease in overall BA have to do with the changing of the balls?

Yes.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

A useful expression by William of Ockham comes to mind ...

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Not really. It has to do with the batters of todays attatude torwards hitting. . Striking out is no longer a shamful thing to do so batters just grip and rip even if they have 2 stikes on them.  Homer walk or K thats all the batter cares about. Bring shame back to the WIFF and we have batters trying not to do it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mks said:

Not really. It has to do with the batters of todays attatude torwards hitting. . Striking out is no longer a shamful thing to do so batters just grip and rip even if they have 2 stikes on them.  Homer walk or K thats all the batter cares about. Bring shame back to the WIFF and we have batters trying not to do it.

Tucker got a hit today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mks said:

Back in the old days striking out was the ultimate in failure.  You didn't want to be Rob Deer of Dave Kingman wiffing all the time. BUT now a  days faliure is acceptable. Falure is acceptable in all parts of life now actually. Falure is actually defended now b y many.

1 minute ago, Overlord said:

Tucker got a hit today.

wooohooo  maybe he get rolling to match his statcast profile and start getting boxscore stats which are all that matter.

4 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Tucker got a hit today.

And it wasn’t a homer!

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, mks said:

Back in the old days striking out was the ultimate in failure.  You didn't want to be Rob Deer of Dave Kingman wiffing all the time. BUT now a  days faliure is acceptable. Falure is acceptable in all parts of life now actually. Falure is actually defended now b y many.

I love the tacit grammatical irony here - levels.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, mks said:

Failure is acceptable in all parts of life now actually. Failure is actually defended now b y many.

Millennials destroyed the not failing industry.

Edited by Overlord

Man the Mets win another ugly one and they are running around like clowns. The dude taps one between the mound and 1B like Billy Hamilton does to a fastball down the middle.

5 minutes ago, mks said:

Never heard this "shame in failure" philosophy. I'm not saying it's a ridiculous philosophy, just that I hope if you have kids, that you have money for therapy. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

The most no-no's in baseball history happened in 1884. There were 8 that year. There have already been 4 this season. People were running data on balls in spring and showing the dead balls were having a significant impact on offense. The new baseballs have absolutely caused this. I'm going to be surprised if baseball doesn't start mixing in some juiced baseballs again.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, tommy2guns said:

Snell is the definition of a non quality start. 

He has not got to the 6th inning yet this yr. Amazing but true

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Never heard this "shame in failure" philosophy. I'm not saying it's a ridiculous philosophy, just that I hope if you have kids, that you have money for therapy. 

Guess you never heard the term "Falure is not a option".  It amazes me that its defended now has normal and acceptable.   Particapation trophies for everyone.

Edited by mks

Falure is so accetable now a days  that you have to apologize for being successful at something and winning. 

2 minutes ago, mks said:

Falure is so accetable now a days  that you have to apologize for being successful at something and winning. 

It must feel good to know you never need to apologize for playing fantasy baseball!  😊

(I kid, I kid!)

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Guess you never had to bring home a bad report card from school and show it to your father.

Taylor Rogers was so close to getting the world's easiest save opp (hold a 3-run lead on the Tigers for an inning). But the Tigers are awful, so of course the Twins scored again.