NBC Sports Edge Forums

4th round selection out of Vandy - bit of enigma due to inconsistency. Miami has an amazing recent track record with pitching. His FB was sitting 94-96 from what I can find on Twitter is a huge plus and one of his biggest knocks. With sustained success and velo in that range could be a fast mover. 

Pro debut: 5IP 1H 3BB 12K

Here is a snippet from BA

Baseball America: “He is something of an enigma for scouts to figure out because of his inconsistency. Scouts still love the way his arm works and believe he has close to a perfect pitcher’s frame at 6-foot-4, 210 pounds, but his command is spotty and his fastball velocity comes and goes. One day he’ll throw in the 90-93 mph range, the next he’ll sit 92-96 and another day he could be 89-92. Eder’s breaking ball is a plus pitch when it’s on but, like his fastball velocity, is inconsistent. He lands his curveball for more strikes than his fastball, and he also has a fringe-average changeup in the mix. Eder has struggled to repeat his delivery going back to his high school days, and if that’s the reason for his struggles then there could be cause for concern that he’ll be able to figure it out. Teams have seen him locked in enough to know he’s capable of putting everything together.”

Game footage from last night (the camera sucks)

• Like 3
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AngryBeavers said:

wish i had room for this guy........... 

Depending on how large your league is I think he's a watchlist guy atm. 

He's a nice lotto ticket if the velocity maintains and he can keep the walks down. Obviously rather stash before continued success etc.

EDIT: if there is anyone who can help with the mechanics he's in a great spot with Miami.

Edited by Dirtywater97
5 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Depending on how large your league is I think he's a watchlist guy atm. 

did you see those gifs above? this isn't a watch list guy.  he is long and athletic and pumping gas. he absolutely looks the part. his body and athleticism look big league. 
I say get in NOW if possible. 

• Like 4
  • oswald737 changed the title to Jake Eder - SP - MIA
Posted (edited)

Was listening to the prospectlive podcast and basically they said he looked better than Max Meyer for perspective. Only 1 start, but the ceiling is certainly there. He's a lefty too so his velocity is pretty elite considering.

Also called him "a must add"

Edited by Dirtywater97
1 hour ago, AngryBeavers said:

I could not take it anymore - I added him;

I am not sure what the heck I will do when I have dudes come off the DL, but I will figure it out then

He's not going to up anytime soon.... Not sure he should be owned at the expense of a major league 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

5 perfect IP today with 8K. 

Now has 50K in 29.2 IP with a 0.61 ERA and 0.81 WHIP. Struggled a bit with walks early on but has just 3 in his last 3 starts (14.2 IP).

I’m kind of a TINSTAAPP guy, but he’s veering into the territory where I make exceptions.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, SpartyOn4 said:

5 perfect IP today with 8K. 

Now has 50K in 29.2 IP with a 0.61 ERA and 0.81 WHIP. Struggled a bit with walks early on but has just 3 in his last 3 starts (14.2 IP).

I’m kind of a TINSTAAPP guy, but he’s veering into the territory where I make exceptions.

Go green!

• Like 1

Squared off v Lodolo last night; went 6 IP (88 pitches-62 strikes) 7 HA 3ER with 2BB/5K plus 9 groundouts to 1 fly out.

ERA sitting at 1.26 on the season.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Stoked he got added to the Futures Game roster and we likely get a live look.

Wrapped up his 1st half with: 10GS/1.03 ERA/0.91 WHIP/1HRA and a 20BB/76K in his 52 IP, also a 1.28 GO/AO and .151 BAA

STUD.

It'll be interesting to see how the Marlins handle him in the second half.  As much as we want to see him pushed, this was a guy that was a reliever for a big spell in college-so I think they may keep him in AA for a while.  

I'm really excited to see him in the Futures Game for sure.