NBC Sports Edge Forums

• 1 month later...

I don't understand the Sirianni concerns. The Eagles gave their backs 288 carries and 94 targets in 2020. Sirianni gave his backs 409 carries and 134 targets. Sanders is going to eat.

3 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

I don't understand the Sirianni concerns. The Eagles gave their backs 288 carries and 94 targets in 2020. Sirianni gave his backs 409 carries and 134 targets. Sanders is going to eat.

Agree.  Love him as a rb2 this year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 7:58 PM, MrCantaloupe said:

I don't understand the Sirianni concerns.

He started his tenure with one of the worst press conferences ever, then followed it up by proudly claiming to play Rock, Paper Scissors with his players. It's just a first impression, but it's a weird one. His presser this week was a lot better: https://youtu.be/4dYxK_LJXN0

On 7/20/2021 at 7:58 PM, MrCantaloupe said:

The Eagles gave their backs 288 carries and 94 targets in 2020. Sirianni gave his backs 409 carries and 134 targets.

That's a good point. It has to be said that Taylor/Hines/Wilkins is probably a better trio to run a lot than Sanders/Scott/...(Howard? Hurts?), but clearly the man is not afraid to run the ball and he might want to have a Ravens style offense with a mobile QB and Sanders/Gainwell/Kerryon. That might not be bad for Sanders, indeed.

My gut tells me it won't happen for him in Philly like some were hoping. I'm staying away but that said, if you take him and you hit then I'm happy for you. I can only take so many risks in a draft and I'd like to call those shots elsewhere unless he falls.

6 hours ago, Spyplane said:

My gut tells me it won't happen for him in Philly like some were hoping. I'm staying away but that said, if you take him and you hit then I'm happy for you. I can only take so many risks in a draft and I'd like to call those shots elsewhere unless he falls.

He's got a pretty low ceiling/floor combo so Im not sure he's worth taking the risk on.