NBC Sports Edge Forums

GIVE: Wander Franco/Aroldis Chapman. GET: Strasburg/Didi in a 12 team Redraft?

***This league does not count holds. I just roster guys like Kopech and Antoine for ratios and the hopes that they become starters. Fairbanks/Doolittle/Rogers are speculation adds. Sp's are VERY thin in on the waiver wire in this league due to having so many bench spots. I KNOW this trade makes sense for my team but I also don't want to give away these guys for someone coming off injury. What would you do? 

My Team:

1b Walsh

2b Lamahieu

3b Kebryan Hayes

ss Mondesi

of Acuna/Stanton/Springer

util Yastrzemski/Miguel Rojas

bench Lourdes Gurriel/Wander Franco/Jerred Kelenic

sp Ohtani, Huascar Ynoa, Ian Anderson, Robbie Ray, Chris Paddack, Cole Irvin, Sixto Sanchez, Gonsolin

rp. Chapman, Reyes, Clase, Staumont, Trivino, Kopech, Antoine, Fairbanks, Doolittle, Tyler Rogers

Posted (edited)

edit: I Swapped Doolittle for Romano. I also wanted to point out that didi would obviously be a bench bat for me who would be a serious drop candidate if any hyped prospects who arent already owned get the call.

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

I wouldn’t. You could stream SS and get Didi’s production and Strasburg has been a mess. Chapman is the best closer in the game and Wander’s ceiling is league winning. If you want starting pitching I’d try to hold off until Kelenic is up then trade him or another OF. 

• Like 1

I would hold off on that trade, you are giving up the best player in this trade who is in the pros and the best one when he gets the call

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Tough one.  I’d steer clear.  Strasburg is simply too much of an unknown.  Way too often guys like this have some sort of set back. It’s conceivable that Chapman gets more innings than Strasburg.  He’ll obviously offer better ratios for those innings along with the saves.  I’d rather have Franco than didi.  Strasburg simply isn’t good enough to take that risk.  It’s not as if he’s an sp1, when healthy.  It’s fair, but I’d revisit it once I see Strasburg throwing full speed without pain in an mlb game.  Until then, he’s out imo, whether he’s throwing bullpen sessions or not.

Edited by Cesare13
  • Like 1