NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Harrison 2021 Outlook

33 years old.  Slim chance that he has his best year yet, from a career that's been ok.   As long as he's hitting top 3 like he has been, he will fill a little bit of the bucket without hurting you. Nothing to get excited about, but hitting in front of or behind Soto (or trout)is probably the best spot in baseball.

• 2 weeks later...

JH launched his 4th HR of the season and his first career grand slam yesterday, upping him to .301 with 18 RBIs thus far. This guy has been very valuable in deep leagues with so many weak MI options. He was really stoked to finally smack a salami, which speaks to how great baseball is. As long as Harrison has been around (I didn't even know as a Cubs fan he was originally drafted by Chicago) to finally hit his first career GS, congrats to him and his fantasy owners. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

How does Harrison fit in with the As? As I noted recently on Lowrie's page, he's been able to play almost every day, as much of a surprise as Harrison's health and emergence. It does make sense to just pair them up and give them both a break in the stretch run. I'm don't see any way they won't sap each others PT, as the As picked up Marte as well, so OF Abs will be tough for Josh to come by. Is there a chance of either him or Lowrie at short over the awful Elvis Andrus? Or is Harrison just a bench player? 

On 7/30/2021 at 5:22 PM, SecondString38 said:

Okay, what does the trade do for him? How will the A's use him? On the surface, not looking good for his value/playing time.

As I noted recently on Lowrie's page, he's been able to play almost every day, as much of a surprise to managers as Harrison's health and resurgence. It does make sense to just pair them up and give them both a break in the stretch run. I'm don't see any way they won't sap each others PT, as the As picked up Marte as well, so OF Abs will be tough for Josh to come by. Is there a chance of either him or Lowrie at short over the awful Elvis Andrus? Or is Harrison just a bench player? 

Edited by Richard Kimble
  • Like 1