NBC Sports Edge Forums

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Typical crappy Midwest and East Coast weather.

Every stadium built from Skydome which opened season of 1989  till now should have had a retractable roof put on it. Baseball would now be almost weatherproof with Boston and Chicago Cubs the only exception and the 5 Occasional but rare Califorina teams open air rainouts .  Seattle is a model to which all stadiums could be Miami Houston Tex AZ Milw other examples but Seattle is the best almost perfect design . A open air stadium with the roof off in nice weather days then a canopy over if it rains. Yankee staduim cost 1.6 Billion dollars to build and its worthless if it rains makes no sense.

Edited by mks
  • Like 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy CyGrom Day Remember to sit all your Mets since they won't be hitting today

Huascar Ynoa tonight after reading this:    

ESPN Sunday night Aaron Nola vs Huascar Ynoa     

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

One of the hottest bats in baseball is on the bench again today.

Avisail Garcia. 15 for his last 30. 

Edited by weakkneeswilly
4 hours ago, shakestreet said:

ESPN Sunday night

Aaron Nola vs Huascar Ynoa 

YNOA all day baby

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, mks said:

Looks like General Soreness will be AWOL today.

Doubt it.  Now Bryan Reynolds is listed as day-to-day with lower body soreness.  Come on, besides putting these players in dresses, just go full NHL and call it a lower body injury...

8 minutes ago, mks said:

Every stadium built from Skydome which opened season of 1989  till now should have had a retractable roof put on it. Baseball would now be almost weatherproof with Boston and Chicago Cubs the only exception and the 5 Occasional but rare Califorina teams open air rainouts .  Seattle is a model to which all stadiums could be Maimi Houston Tex AZ Milw all great places to see a game. A open air with the roof off kin nice weather days then a canopy over if it rains. Yankee staduim cost 1.6 Billion dollars to build and its worthless if it rains makes no sense.

Agree, totally think the open view of Miami is the way to go, so when its closed you don't feel as if you've been sealed into a tomb.

• Like 1
Just now, CardiacDO said:

Oh look, runner on third no outs (due to a perfect deGrom bunt hit). Could they actually score here? 

One out, no run scored. 

Just now, CardiacDO said:

One out, no run scored. 

peralta just made a nice play against lindor

i dont even own degrom but i really want him to get some Ws lol

7 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

2-0 and Conforto actually did something, what is going on in Flushing today?! 

youre welcome, i benched him today

22 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Agree, totally think the open view of Miami is the way to go, so when its closed you don't feel as if you've been sealed into a tomb.

Yes Seattle is that way the fans still get wet a bit if its raining but the feild stays dry and they play. If baseball wants something to invest in to improve the game roofs would be the way.  Nothing sucks more then driving 3 hrs to a game 1 way and it rains out which has happened to me before. Or even worse flying into a city with 1 day off and wanting to catch a game that day but its ppd  which also happened to me once in nyc at shea.

5 minutes ago, StuckBetweenStations said:

Huascar Ynoa tonight after reading this:

And_I_Took_That_Personally.jpg

deGrom and Ynoa vote no for NL DH.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Nope, only other Midwest game that would possibly get postponed will be the Detroit game

It was.

1 hour ago, ty5592 said:

Happy CyGrom Day

Remember to sit all your Mets since they won't be hitting today

Yeah I lost the use of hot Josh Rojas and my other D-Back players.  Pulling hitters on the team deGrom is facing is like pulling pitchers when they pitch at Coors.  Best to do it because The Force will not be with them that day.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Doubt it.  Now Bryan Reynolds is listed as day-to-day with lower body soreness.  Come on, besides putting these players in dresses, just go full NHL and call it a lower body injury...

But injured and soreness is not the same or is it?  Soreness seems to me like they could massage it out and they could play.

45 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

One of the hottest bats in baseball is on the bench again today.

Avisail Garcia. 15 for his last 30. 

It's completely ridiculous. Seems to sit about every other day lately despite killing the ball the past two weeks.

• Thanks 1

Giolito 1st inning problems again . Looks like he'll come up small again today. " Sigh" what can you do?

Just now, mks said:

Giolito 1st inning problems again . Looks like he'll come up small again today. " Sigh" what can you do?

It's all mental with him. He's an incredible pitcher but he's young and he's easily affected when things go wrong. I think he'll be fine. He needs that one electric start and then he can get some of that confidence back. gotta go along for the ride.