NBC Sports EDGE Forums

5/9 - GAME DAY THREAD

2 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Someone on a thread I saw said when the trainer came out they were looking at a finger?  This certainly doesn't appear to be a finger injury.......

No it is the same issue in his right side:

Jacob deGrom was removed from Sunday's game against the Diamondbacks with right side tightness.

Oh no. During warmups before the sixth inning, Mets manager Luis Rojas and head athletic trainer Brian Chicklo went out to check on deGrom after the right-hander stopped throwing after two warm-up pitches. It was later confirmed deGrom left with right side tightness, which is the exact reason the Mets ace missed his last start before an MRI revealed lat inflammation. New York is stating that the early exit was for precautionary reasons, but it would be a big surprise if the multiple Cy Young award winner avoided the injured list. deGrom ended his afternoon Sunday allowing one run on one hit and three walks over five innings with six strikeouts. 

Source: David Lennon on Twitter

May 9, 2021, 2:47 PM ET

Posted (edited)

Richard Rodriguez fb down the pipe to some hamandegger.

Looking to blow Anderson's W.

Edit: Keeps challenging Baez and Baez grounds out. Got lucky.

Edited by papasmurf

I got an alert that Aroldis hit a second homer today,but it was gone when I checked the box score. Did he have one called back?

18 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Anyone know where to find pitches per inning leaders? Trevor Bauer has got to be the most inefficient “ace.” Hes maddening to watch.

thats who he is always has been. I watched him in clevland a lot. he is not has good has lasts yrs career yr

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

braves beating up Nola in the 1st.  Albies with a triple, and swanson with a 2 run homer

Don’t forget Ozuna with the grounder to short!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, papasmurf said:

Good thing I started Swanson. Been hitting the ball pretty well lately even though surface stats dont show it. 

Sucks to have nola though.

damn i dropped him a few days ago, is he worth the add?

Just now, jfazz23 said:

damn i dropped him a few days ago, is he worth the add?

Check on fangraphs' game log broken down by batted balls to see quality of contact stats. I find it helpful. 

• Thanks 1

They love mentioning the "fact" that Ynoa has 2 pitches but fail to say anything when he gets whiffs on the obvious 89mph changeup he has been working in here and there. Great commentating.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, collucho said:

They love mentioning the "fact" that Ynoa has 2 pitches but fail to say anything when he gets whiffs on the obvious 89mph changeup he has been working in here and there. Great commentating.

Vasgersian’s script involves a requisite “Scotch-Irish” mention (has to be a shtick) and refraining from mentioning SP’s full repertoires.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, spivey17323 said:

It's really ridiculous that we can't change players out who have had games ppd. This has happened to me a few times. 

Yep and now it’s going to cost me categories this week. Got a PPD stuck in my lineup and a HR on my bench 

13 minutes ago, collucho said:

you should never expect anything solid when Arod is involved

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Vasgersian’s script involves a requisite “Scotch-Irish” mention (has to be a shtick) and refraining from mentioning SP’s full repertoires.

Vasgersian is annoying, I used to like him when he did Mlb Central but when he started doing the sunday night games for espn I find him unbearable.

1 minute ago, collucho said:

All three outs in the 6th inning for Ynoa were scalding line drives. 

Love it and take it - happens sometimes, especially when up against a white-hot team like the Phils.