Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Love it and take it - happens sometimes, especially when up against a white-hot team like the Phils.

Oh I'll take it...I'm winning WHIP by .01. 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy CyGrom Day Remember to sit all your Mets since they won't be hitting today

Huascar Ynoa tonight after reading this:    

ESPN Sunday night Aaron Nola vs Huascar Ynoa     

Posted Images

Since his red hot start, Acuña’s average has been slowly dropping.  I’m honestly amazed- he is barely striking out and always whacks the ball.  Is it just a slump, bad luck, or something else? His Xba is in the 100th percentile 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Since his red hot start, Acuña’s average has been slowly dropping.  I’m honestly amazed- he is barely striking out and always whacks the ball.  Is it just a slump, bad luck, or something else? His Xba is in the 100th percentile 

I would just chalk it up to the ebb and flow of the season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Since his red hot start, Acuña’s average has been slowly dropping.  I’m honestly amazed- he is barely striking out and always whacks the ball.  Is it just a slump, bad luck, or something else? His Xba is in the 100th percentile 

It would help if he stopped getting hit with baseballs

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, collucho said:

They love mentioning the "fact" that Ynoa has 2 pitches but fail to say anything when he gets whiffs on the obvious 89mph changeup he has been working in here and there. Great commentating.

Yes but when he throws it roughly 6% of the time compared to 49% fastball and 45% Slider he is in fact very much a two pitch pitcher. When a pitcher is called a 2 pitch guy it’s usually because they thriw majority 2 pitches and/or the third pitch is not good, not that literally only have 2
 

quoting from pitcherlist 

Thrown mostly to lefties (27/33 vs LHB), Ynoa's change clocked in at 86.5 mph and showed well below-average drop. It did register a 36.4% whiff rate, though that came with just a 20.7% chase rate and a 19.4% zone rate suggesting limited upside.

Edited by tristan0823
Link to post
Share on other sites

How's everyone feel about the pink everything on the unis today, from sleeves to socks to even the umpires having pink masks and gloves? I'm 100% in support of curing breast cancer and glad to see women represented on the field of MLB in some way, but I gotta say the pink is a little too distracting to the eye. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tristan0823 said:

Yes but when he throws it roughly 6% of the time compared to 49% fastball and 45% Slider he is in fact very much a two pitch pitcher. When a pitcher is called a 2 pitch guy it’s usually because they thriw majority 2 pitches and/or the third pitch is not good, not that literally only have 2
 

quoting from pitcherlist 

Thrown mostly to lefties (27/33 vs LHB), Ynoa's change clocked in at 86.5 mph and showed well below-average drop. It did register a 36.4% whiff rate, though that came with just a 20.7% chase rate and a 19.4% zone rate suggesting limited upside.

Pollack missed on Ynoa - it’s not surprising that he continues to diss him / although I think  he’s come around - if Nicholas.  Pollack.  Is what you base your evaluations of pitchers on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, collucho said:

Coolest play I've ever seen from a pitcher out of Matzek to start that double play holy ****.

Video.

Even as a Phillies fan I'm not even mad

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard Kimble said:

How's everyone feel about the pink everything on the unis today, from sleeves to socks to even the umpires having pink masks and gloves? I'm 100% in support of curing breast cancer and glad to see women represented on the field of MLB in some way, but I gotta say the pink is a little too distracting to the eye. 

It was for Mother's Day.  Don't you love your Mom?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Pollack missed on Ynoa - it’s not surprising that he continues to diss him / although I think  he’s come around - if Nicholas.  Pollack.  Is what you base your evaluations of pitchers on.

I have Ynoa rostered, I based my evaluation on the stats that say he throws two pitches 94% of the time. The discussion was never over Ynoa being good or not, it was whether he’s a 2 pitch pitcher. If you are only throwing a third pitch less than 6% of the time, talking around 5 or 6 a start that I’m not considering that a legit third offering. 
if the stats show the drop in the change up is less than average, that’s not a judgement call that is a statistical fact 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tristan0823 said:

I have Ynoa rostered, I based my evaluation on the stats that say he throws two pitches 94% of the time. The discussion was never over Ynoa being good or not, it was whether he’s a 2 pitch pitcher. If you are only throwing a third pitch less than 6% of the time, talking around 5 or 6 a start that I’m not considering that a legit third offering. 
if the stats show the drop in the change up is less than average, that’s not a judgement call that is a statistical fact 

I have mentioned this upthread in his thread, but, to be fair, he throws two different types of sliders - even ignoring the change, he throws at least three different pitches, including a fair-to-middling sinker.

Edited by BMcP
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...