NBC Sports Edge Forums

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 6

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 6

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 6 of the 2021 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

4 hours ago, avatoot said:

Joc Pederson might be waking up! Have at him!

Rough week coming up. Cubbies playing 5 games facing 3 scheduled lefties.

3 hours ago, NewJersey said:

Thoughts on Hunter Renfroe, seems like hes heating up. Wasnt he known for going on hot and cold streaks

I was hoping to stash him in the upcoming period but he was picked up this week. I think he is a solid power bat who will end up getting close to everyday AB's in a good park, good lineup. Probably will hit .230-.250 which is serviceable in the current environment. Much worse pickups out there given how shallow OF is this year.

Once again, deep leagues (14+ with 4 or 5 OF spots) need to be looking hard at Tyrone Taylor, I get the feeling here that Yeli is out a while and Taylor is the #3 hitter on the team now.

Also Seth Brown can do things for you. He can hit and won't be hard to carve out every day ABs in OAK, even with Pinder coming back soon.

If for some reason your league doesn't have a NA roster spot Jarred Kelenic #3 prospect in all of baseball is coming up Thurs to start his career! 5 tool stellar prospect... pick him up if nobody else hasn't!🥳

Just now, avatoot said:

If for some reason your league doesn't have a NA roster spot Jarred Kelenic #3 prospect in all of baseball is coming up Thurs to start his career! 5 tool stellar prospect... pick him up if nobody else hasn't!🥳

Seattle OF

20 hours ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

reds batters are making a trip to colorado later this week

That means Nick Senzel.. he is not available in all leagues but in many he is.  Reds have second highest team OPS in baseball.

Posted (edited)

New Mets call-up Khalil Lee might fit the bill if you have the need for speed (53 SB's in 129 games)

Edited by Wieties
16 minutes ago, Wieties said:

New Mets call-up Khalil Lee might fit the bill if you have the need for speed (53 SB's in 129 games)

And 154 strikeouts...  Not worth it IMO...

Cody Poteet had a 41% CSW tonight. 4 pitch mix. Velo gain at the alt site hits 97 now. Breaking stuff looks good. Struck out 10 in 5 2/3 in his first MILB start this year. Looking like a nice spec add for me if you need pitching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Poteet caught my eye yesterday as well. Dont see a full thread on him but he certainly did well last night.  The Marlins seem to do well with  pitchers lately.

Edit: Thanks DW97 for the great thread start on this guy. Good read!

Edited by octapuss
57 minutes ago, octapuss said:

Poteet caught my eye yesterday as well. Dont see a full thread on him but he certainly did well last night.  The Marlins seem to do well with  pitchers lately.

Edit: Thanks DW97 for the great thread start on this guy. Good read!

Yeah I'm hoping he can be a Caleb Smith this year certainly better command

James Kaprelian in deeper leagues. 

May 13, 1:32 AM EDT EDT

Kaprelian (1-0) picked up the win Wednesday, allowing one run on four hits and three walks over five innings in a 4-1 victory over the Red Sox. He struck out six.

Analysis

The right-hander recorded his first major-league win in his first major-league start, throwing 58 of 95 pitches for strikes before exiting. Kaprelian could get a long look in the rotation with neither Jesus Luzardo (finger) nor Mike Fiers (elbow) expected back before the end of the month.

I said it a few weeks back, but very deep leagues need to keep Andrew Young, 2B ARI on their radar. He came back up w/ Walker injury and hit another pinch HR.

These are not cheapies either. 442' last night, all of his HR have been bombs like that with gaudy exit velo. It is still gonna take some things to happen for him to garner some actual starts, but at some point (with how he is hammering the ball) they will have to give him a look. Like Rojas, he can basically play anywhere on the diamond.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Sneaky add... but with most Reds players likely already scooped up unless it's a shallow league... I have one guy I thought could be an interesting add: Kyle Farmer (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS eligible in Yahoo!)

He's started the last 5 games for the Reds and is only owned in 2% of Yahoo! leagues... he plays all over the place, so if he keeps hitting, his bat should find its way in... Speculative add if you're chasing some power numbers from Coors. He's on a stacked offense and likely available... If he doesn't play, don't blame me. But he has started 5 in a row so something is working there for him. If he keeps hitting and playing, he's also C eligible... and players who play daily with C eligibility have that bonus going for them (like Kiner-Falefa). Not saying Farmer is great or anything...but I'd take a chance on him for a series in Coors...

Maybe more of a 14-team add...but if you're chasing some RBI and runs, and maybe home runs, I would give him a chance in the instance he is starting in this series. He should be available... better bet than India at least (only other Reds player I can picture on the WW). 

Edited by nlm
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, nlm said:

Sneaky add... but with most Reds players likely already scooped up unless it's a shallow league... I have one guy I thought could be an interesting add: Kyle Farmer (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS eligible in Yahoo!)

He's started the last 5 games for the Reds and is only owned in 2% of Yahoo! leagues... he plays all over the place, so if he keeps hitting, his bat should find its way in... Speculative add if you're chasing some power numbers from Coors. He's on a stacked offense and likely available... If he doesn't play, don't blame me. But he has started 5 in a row so something is working there for him. If he keeps hitting and playing, he's also C eligible... and players who play daily with C eligibility have that bonus going for them (like Kiner-Falefa). Not saying Farmer is great or anything...but I'd take a chance on him for a series in Coors...

Maybe more of a 14-team add...but if you're chasing some RBI and runs, and maybe home runs, I would give him a chance in the instance he is starting in this series. He should be available... better bet than India at least (only other Reds player I can picture on the WW). 

Wow! it's not often you see a infielder honestly be eligible at every position outside of OF that plays everyday especially in that lineup!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, avatoot said:

Wow! it's not often you see a infielder honestly be eligible at every position outside of OF that plays everyday especially in that lineup!

He is hitting 7th or 8th in the lineup, not much to write home about IMO...

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, posty said:

He is hitting 7th or 8th in the lineup, not much to write home about IMO...

Yeah, he's a deep league flier really. The position eligibility is cool...but that's all it is unless something were to happen to the heart of their lineup, and even then. The Reds offense is insane, but my tout had more to do with Coors field... even with that said and the offensive eruptions, all he accounted for last night was 1 run and 1 rbi. Probably what you can expect. I'd give him a chance to see a lame pitch and catch one... but he's not really a hold. Just a speculative add if he's getting everyday ABs during this Coors series... Gascan Marquez goes tonight, so I still think he's worth a dice roll (but there's a much bigger sleight of games, so your options are a lot wider in general today).

Edited by nlm
  • tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic