NBC Sports Edge Forums

25 minutes ago, Evincar said:

That's solely based on last years data though.

Man, if I had next year's data, I promise I'd use that. 

Alas....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Except it's not. Last year was just the more extreme end of it.

Kelce having such a huge advantage last season was because of 3 factors:

1. He had a career high in catches and TDs as well as breaking the TE yardage record.

2. RB was very weak

3. TE was very weak.

I agree he's been running around circles. I mean he had 4 consecutive seasons of at least 1000 yards, which insane for a TE. But that begs the question why are finally now considering him a consensus first round player?

17 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It's interesting because it is easier to view your team as worse off not having good RBs or WRs even if your overall PPG production is better due to your TE.

Usually if I take a TE in the first few rounds I tend to go RB and WR for like the next 10 rounds or so and wait on QB. Even going Kelce at 5 can land you something like Kelce, Mixon, Sanders, Godwin, Lockett,  and Edmonds through the first 6. This is 12 man just using FFC ADP but that seems like a pretty good lineup. 

I think if you go Kelce in the first (or even the second) then it's tough to grab a QB in the early or mid-rounds. Need to get someone like Stafford or Ryan in the back of the draft.

21 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It's interesting because it is easier to view your team as worse off not having good RBs or WRs even if your overall PPG production is better due to your TE.

Usually if I take a TE in the first few rounds I tend to go RB and WR for like the next 10 rounds or so and wait on QB. Even going Kelce at 5 can land you something like Kelce, Mixon, Sanders, Godwin, Lockett,  and Edmonds through the first 6. This is 12 man just using FFC ADP but that seems like a pretty good lineup. 

Definitely doable, I'm one that loves a big TE pick early.  I'm in about 5 leagues so I'm definitely going to dabble with something like this in one or two of them for sure 

16 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

I think if you go Kelce in the first (or even the second) then it's tough to grab a QB in the early or mid-rounds. Need to get someone like Stafford or Ryan in the back of the draft.

If youre talking 1 QB leagues than you shouldnt worry about taking a QB early at all. Mid-rounds is okay.

4 minutes ago, Evincar said:

If youre talking 1 QB leagues than you shouldnt worry about taking a QB early at all. Mid-rounds is okay.

I am. If you want Mahomes you probably need to take him in the second but yeah that's not my style. Give me Kyler/Dak in the fifth or sixth.

If I take Kelce in the first don't think I want a QB before the 10th.

Well couldn't help myself.  I completed a FFC mock ppr draft taking Kelce in the 1st round (6th pick) to see how a team might turn out.

Looks like FFC hasn't completely updated it's ADP rankings since the NFL draft.  I didn't even see Najee Harris in the rankings.     

Would you be okay with this team with Kelce being selected first?  Or would you rather wait and take Kittle or Waller where they were selected? 

I know Lamar Jackson would NEVER slide this far in my ppr high stakes league. 

What selections would you have made?

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/draft/9589778