NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Except Tebow is not catching it properly and not looking at the ball while doing so.  Unintentionally hilarious photo.

Someone needs to tell Tebow to file a restraining order against you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok Enjoy hell pal

Oh, well if Chris Simms said he was a selfish, horrible teammate on tv it must be true

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Someone needs to tell Tebow to file a restraining order against you.

Because I criticize the Jaguar's decision to give Tebow a 90 man roster spot on a fantasy football forum?  You must not know much about restraining orders...yeah.  That checks out.

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports Jaguars TE Tim Tebow could be used in a "Taysom Hill role" this season. 

-Eh, saw this coming..

• Like 3

Only difference is that Tebow is much slower than Taysom Hill, so it probably will not work as well.  If it works at all.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Only difference is that Tebow is much slower than Taysom Hill, so it probably will not work as well.  If it works at all.

He is also built like a truck where Hill is not. Different uses in that utility role.

• Like 1

Tebow is 33 to 1 to win comeback player of the year...

Tebow's O/U for receiving yards is 12.5...

Trevor Lawrence O/U on passing yards is 4150.

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

Tebow is 33 to 1 to win comeback player of the year...

Tebow's O/U for receiving yards is 12.5...

Trevor Lawrence O/U on passing yards is 4150.

tebow didn’t drop a pass in practice yesterday and caught 2 TDs from Trevor Lawrence.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

"He is also built like a truck where Hill is not. Different uses in that utility role."

Exactly so. Clearly, speed & change of direction are not the traits he'll win with... but his coaches already knew that! His state of physical readiness reminds me of Andrew Luck, more so to be honest, with a well developed lower body. His height to weight ratio isn't favorable for a ball-carrier but he ran with excellent forward lean & power. Excellent ball skills & large hands, I suspect the focus & determination are still there.

I think what's true for all TEs, the better Jacksonville is at running the football, the better the looks Tebow will get. Expected to stone DEs or thumpers, he'll fail, as most TEs do & should. But ask him to block rangy nickel 'backers or DBs, I think he can do well. Really like this guy throwing that backside block or in blitz pickup & then providing his QB an outlet. For a guy who often won by extending plays, gotta love him when things break down. 

Huh?  He is learning the TE position for the first time in his life.  He has never had to run routes, catch passes, or block in his life.  His 4.8 speed from 10 years ago is going to be of little help trying to catch, let alone block, rangy CBs and safeties.

49 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

tebow didn’t drop a pass in practice yesterday and caught 2 TDs from Trevor Lawrence.

Slow it down. That is meaningless. It will be interesting to see if he makes the team. I think he could be the 3rd TE on the roster. It will probably come down to his blocking prowess.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Slow it down. That is meaningless. It will be interesting to see if he makes the team. I think he could be the 3rd TE on the roster. It will probably come down to his blocking prowess.

I’m just reporting what’s been reported.

if he had dropped 5 of 10 it would be plastered all over the board. I drew no conclusions from the report

thats being said, i believe Tebow will 100% make the team.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

thats being said, i believe Tebow will 100% make the team.

I agree with you, although it won't be because Tebow deserves a roster spot.

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2021 at 2:16 PM, mocha4313 said:

If Tebow had been willing to be Taysom Hill earlier he'd have stayed in the NFL much longer

Yeah it’s easy to see how he could have caught on with the Saints and actually played the Taysom Hill role this entire time. Would have been a great gig for him, nobody would have been calling to bench Brees for him, but he would have gotten enough playing time to keep the fans happy.

That’s long in the past, though, the time for him to make the switch was 10 years ago. If he makes the team he’s going to steal a few TDs from Lawrence and Robinson/Etienne but he’ll still be unusable in fantasy because he’ll put up nothing when he doesn’t score.

Edited by eg4190
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

"Huh? He is learning the TE position for the first time in his life. He has never had to run routes, catch passes, or block in his life. His 4.8 speed from 10 years ago is going to be of little help trying to catch, let alone block, rangy CBs and safeties."

If, especially inline TEs had to "catch" the DB they're expected to block, it would be difficult for any of them. Not w/o exception, in run mode a TE v DB is considered a matchup advantage. Nickel 'backer is a term I stole from somewhere, can't remember. But it's an outside LB who can do it all. I was referring to the ones that possess elite range to the boundary but struggle at the point of attack. Technique-wise Tebow hasn't proven anything, but the physical attributes are there. 

In their later years, Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten & Antonio Gates couldn't run for $h!+. To establish how easy it is at times for WRs & TEs to get open, especially vs zone, I cross-referenced Travis Kelce & Gronk with zone coverage. Not you perhaps, but others may consider that I didn't have to review a dozen or more plays, the following were the first highlighted plays I came across. ...   

It doesn't appear to me that either of these plays are vs zone, but here Kelce isn't even accounted for. Now, he isn't thrown the football, but he's wide open & should've been. The written analysis of this play is inadequate. https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/7599/examining-a-play-action-concept-from-the-chiefs

This one here of Gronk is a play from this past super bowl. He's lined up to the right, with run action to that side. But Gronk simply comes across the formation, against the grain, catches the ball behind the LOS and waltzes untouched into the EZ.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY8uCNXs_pg

One might say, oh, those plays were schemed up. Exactly, and any player on any practice squad would have been just as wide open. 

• Like 2

hi kids ... 

i consider myself a betting man, which loosely translates into one step from degen/skid row because i have a family i would move heaven and earth to support comfortably. 

... lest i'd be out there plunking coin on any number of random chicanery, like bum fights ... or presedential elections.  but, i digress -

ya know what i look for most when i slam down ducats on an event/person/animal?  A RIDE. A GOOD AND HONEST RENDERING OF SAID EVENT/COMPETITION FROM MY MUSE. 

gimme a shot ... work hard for my effin' money - ACT LIKE IT'S YOURS!!1!1111!1!!!1!1!11!

how does this relate to ol' Tebow here?  oh, in many ways, dear readers ... in many ways. 

see, i'll double fist any prop a foo' book is gonna offer me on this cat's prospects -

make the roster? IN.  

O/U on catches/yds/TDs? IN. 

33/1 for comeback player? IN.

... and so on. 

i know he'll work for it. hell, he'll bust his keester to achive these goals ... i know im'ma get an HONEST effort - say what you will about the chap, but you cannot knock his work ethic and dedication ... he's what we call at the track a "tryer" - ya hear?  he's gonna effin' RUN for me, no cue in the rack 'til doomsday, baby! 🐎

certain situations have a glow about them ... it can be a nefarious one at times, sure, sorta like Chernobyl - but then it can also be gloriously radiating as if an incandescent aura swirls about the entire affair ... chalk this one up to the latter, religious analogies/puns purely coincidental, don'tcha know. 

Tebow has as much a right to compete for this spot as anyone else - he's worked his way into phenomenal shape, has the organization's trust - yeah, having Meyer there sure does sweeten the pot, it's an angle that will help TT a great deal, but we all know this - and being privvy to such knowledge is just another reason to expect nothing but success outta this gig. 

he'll make it. 

he'll play a role that will dazzle and baffle and bamboozle and shock and confound and surprise and jaw drop ... until, of course, he doesn't. 

tl;dr - yes, i'm betting on Tebow to defy the odds.

gimme your COTdamn money! 💰

33f369e964a3491df3a82efef5c0a4d6.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

hi kids ... 

i consider myself a betting man, which loosely translates into one step from degen/skid row because i have a family i would move heaven and earth to support comfortably. 

... lest i'd be out there plunking coin on any number of random chicanery, like bum fights ... or presedential elections.  but, i digress -

ya know what i look for most when i slam down ducats on an event/person/animal?  A RIDE. A GOOD AND HONEST RENDERING OF SAID EVENT/COMPETITION FROM MY MUSE. 

gimme a shot ... work hard for my effin' money - ACT LIKE IT'S YOURS!!1!1111!1!!!1!1!11!

how does this relate to ol' Tebow here?  oh, in many ways, dear readers ... in many ways. 

see, i'll double fist any prop a foo' book is gonna offer me on this cat's prospects -

make the roster? IN.  

... and so on. 

i know he'll work for it. hell, he'll bust his keester to achive these goals ... i know im'ma get an HONEST effort - say what you will about the chap, but you cannot knock his work ethic and dedication ... he's what we call at the track a "tryer" - ya hear?  he's gonna effin' RUN for me, no cue in the rack 'til doomsday, baby! 🐎

certain situations have a glow about them ... it can be a nefarious one at times, sure, sorta like Chernobyl - but then it can also be gloriously radiating as if an incandescent aura swirls about the entire affair ... chalk this one up to the latter, religious analogies/puns purely coincidental, don'tcha know. 

Tebow has as much a right to compete for this spot as anyone else - he's worked his way into phenomenal shape, has the organization's trust - yeah, having Meyer there sure does sweeten the pot, it's an angle that will help TT a great deal, but we all know this - and being privvy to such knowledge is just another reason to expect nothing but success outta this gig. 

he'll make it. 

he'll play a role that will dazzle and baffle and bamboozle and shock and confound and surprise and jaw drop ... until, of course, he doesn't. 

geeze, I love your posts. 

you never know how someone really feels about something until he drops a little coin on it. 

we all know Urban is gonna give Timmy a chance, he wants his work ethic and positive attitude in the locker room and knows Tim’s skill set better than any other coach. 

I like Tebow but now I root for his success mainly to see Shannon Sharpe’s reactions. 😂

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, devaster said:

He is also built like a truck where Hill is not. Different uses in that utility role.

They’re basically the same height & weight. Tebow just does a lot more shirtless photo shoots.

Eli Manning has two inches & about 25lbs on both of them.

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2021 at 8:28 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Don’t mean to get in the way of a quality rant but just wanted to correct you on your mistake. Tebow wasn’t as good as Steve Young during their respective first two years in the league. He was substantially better and won a playoff game.

Steve Young:

1985 Season - started 5 games and went 1-4 as a starter. Was 72 of 138 for 935 yards and 3 TDs with 8 Interceptions. He rushed 40 times for 233 yards and 1 TD

1986 Season - started 14 games with a record of 2-12. He was 195 of 363 for 2,282 yards and 8 TDs with 13 Interceptions. He rushed 74 times for 425 yards and 5 TDs.

Tim Tebow:

2010 Season - started 3 games finishing 1-2. He was 41/82 for 654 and 5 TDs with 3 Interceptions. He rushed 43 times for 227 yards and 6 TDs.

2011 Season - started 11 games went 7-4 and won a wild card playoff game. He was 126 of 271 for 1,729 yards and 12 TD with 6 Interceptions. He rushed 122 times for an additional 660 yards and 6 TDs. 

As you can see Tebow enjoyed much more success during their first 2 years in the league as starting QBs. The real difference is that an offensive genius traded for Steve Young when everyone told him not to and allowed him to sit and learn until he was 30 years old before he was asked to play meaningful snaps again. Tebow was traded to teams who wanted to turn him into a gimmick player and never allowed him to start another game, thus never letting him develop as a QB. 

I don't want to derail the thread by going back to comparisons about Steve Young, but I wanted to thank you for showing this since I had no idea Steve Young played so poorly at the start of this career.

Regarding Tebow: I doubt I'll draft him anywhere, but if the league is deep enough I guess it may be worth taking a shot on him.  Once you get past the TE 10-12 range, we're just expecting TEs to get a few catches and hope that one of them is a short TD, right?  If you're in a deep enough league, or a large league with like 14+ teams, it makes sense to me to take a shot with Tebow and hope he gets some forced goal-line plays like Taysom Hill. 

Edited by ZappB
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

hi kids ... 

make the roster? IN.  

... and so on. 

he'll make it. 

I feel like this is you before every post:

goodfellas.gif

• Haha 3

Hill is a straight line speed guy. Tebow is a lot quicker. He had him beat in pretty much every single agility metric.

10 yard split? Tebow

20 yard shuffle? Tebow

3 cone drill? Tebow

Of course this was over 10 years ago but then don't bring up the 40 comparison in the first place. Tebow is a FAR more superior athlete in his prime than Hill is/was. When you factor in the size difference it's really not even close. The only question is how much of that athleticism Tebow has left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, PrestigeWW said:

Calling bs on 255 unless you’ve got a link for me. You’re easily giving dude 10lbs.

I don’t really care how much he weighs. 245-255 so what? I was replying to the fact someone said Tebow and Taysom were practically the same size, which isn’t true.

Tebow was 245 in college and is a workout warrior. It’s not a stretch to imagine he has put on 10 lbs of muscle in the last 12 years.