NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Tim Tebow 2021 Outlook

I am sure Tebow is very good at working out, although that age 14 bicep curl story sounds like a pretty tall tale.  The problem for him is that he is not very good at playing football.  Not good enough to compete against other NFL players.

He did just fine competing in college and even at the NFL level. His style of QB play just wasn’t and still isn’t sustainable for long-term success.

I don’t doubt he could be a good TE or FB though. He refused to switch positions previously though. It might be too late for him, but he still looks like he is in great shape. It is going to come down to how well he can execute during live play in the preseason. But he can bring a lot to the table at a TE or FB position with his previous experience throwing TD’s, jump passes at the goal line, and running the ball.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, PrestigeWW said:

Calling bs on 255 unless you’ve got a link for me. You’re easily giving dude 10lbs.

At a listed 6-foot-3, 255 pounds, Tebow is on the short side for an NFL tight end but should be strong enough to function as a blocker as he refines his technique. It's too early to say whether he will make the team, as that situation likely won't evolve until training camp this summer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Tim-Tebow-Jaguars-Jacksonville-Jaguars-practice-OTAs-tight-end-Urban-Meyer-coach-Florida-Gators-165927682/Amp/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

At a listed 6-foot-3, 255 pounds, Tebow is on the short side for an NFL tight end but should be strong enough to function as a blocker as he refines his technique. It's too early to say whether he will make the team, as that situation likely won't evolve until training camp this summer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Tim-Tebow-Jaguars-Jacksonville-Jaguars-practice-OTAs-tight-end-Urban-Meyer-coach-Florida-Gators-165927682/Amp/

Tebow will make the 53.  Dude's on scholarship.  Obvi.

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2021 at 3:28 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Because I criticize the Jaguar's decision to give Tebow a 90 man roster spot on a fantasy football forum?  You must not know much about restraining orders...yeah.  That checks out.

The second most posts in this thread is 50 by DHC.

You have 66. That's damn near a quarter of all the posts in this thread dedicated to basically calling Tebow a fraud. 

• Haha 2

That's a good word to describe Tebow, fraud.  I like that.  

And if it were 266 posts, it would still not justify a restraining order.  I am writiing about a public figure's public actions in a calm and rational manner.  You know that restraining orders are real things that people, quite often women, need to go to court to get from time to time when they are subject to truly alarming behavior like stalking, surveilling, death threats, and grievous assaults?  Odd subject to joke about, even odder topic if you are actually serious.

As for Tebow, the narrative has been created that Tebow is a "long shot" to make the 53 man roster.  So now, when he inevitably makes it, the achievement can be celebrated like some kind of miracle instead of the rank cronyism it actually is.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And if it were 266 posts, it would still not justify a restraining order.  I am writiing about a public figure's public actions in a calm and rational manner.  You know that restraining orders are real things that people, quite often women, need to go to court to get from time to time when they are subject to truly alarming behavior like stalking, surveilling, death threats, and grievous assaults?  Odd subject to joke about, even odder topic if you are actually serious.

As for Tebow, the narrative has been created that Tebow is a "long shot" to make the 53 man roster.  So now, when he inevitably makes it, the achievement can be celebrated like some kind of miracle instead of the rank cronyism it actually is.

You spend an exorbitant amount of time in this thread for someone who has an unhealthy hatred of Tim Tebow...THAT is what's odd here. Nothing else.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

You spend an exorbitant amount of time in this thread for someone who has an unhealthy hatred of Tim Tebow...THAT is what's odd here. Nothing else.

I received similar compliments during the epic 2018 Le'Veon Bell thread, even though I repeated many times that I held no personal animosity towards the man, instead understood if not agreed with his decision to sit out the season.  When cold reason cuts through pomp and popular sentiment, it can ring harshly in the ears of the deluded.

Another way to say it: "Don't kill the messenger."

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I received similar compliments during the epic 2018 Le'Veon Bell thread, even though I repeated many times that I held no personal animosity towards the man, instead understood if not agreed with his decision to sit out the season.  When cold reason cuts through pomp and popular sentiment, it can ring harshly in the ears of the deluded.

Another way to say it: "Don't kill the messenger."

What are you even talking about? You spend a serious amount of time in a thread devoted to a player you have nothing but negative things to say about. Why?

To the bolded. Yes, you repeat the same thing over and over on a message board on the internet. To strangers...on the internet...

Edited by ThreadKiller

Johnny manzell had a better college career than Tim tebow. Let's take an objective look at his list of achievements:

1. Won the Heisman as a freshman (!!!!)

2. beat Alabama's greatest ever team (of illegally recruited prospects paid off by booster money) in their own backyard. Greatest upset in college football since Appalachian state beat Michigan. 

3. Subsequently reduced Nick saban to tears in the press conference. "Gosh, I guess he gawn' be my son in law now..."

4. set numerous records playing for a 15th seeded Texas A&M. How's that for overcoming adversity??

5. inspired Mike Evans to actually play football seriously, and eventually play in the NFL (he was all set to start a mobile detailing business before he met Jonny).

6. Sold more jerseys as a rookie than any QB in NFL history. 

10. plowed his way through every sorority in the great state of Texas. Framed portraits hanging in every sorority house. A true role model. 

22. He's also the greatest high school QB of all time, and if you've watched Friday night lights like I did - you'll know that high skool football in Texas is really, really serious. 

If anyone's more worthy of a place on an NFL roster, it's Johnny foosball. He's way more deserving than Tebow. A true American hero. 

Fight me, @DerrickHenrysCleats. I know you're still scarred by the beatdown he gave your team in 2012. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Johnny manzell had a better college career than Tim tebow. Let's take an objective look at his list of achievements:

2. beat Alabama's greatest ever team (of illegally recruited prospects paid off by booster money) in their own backyard. Greatest upset in college football since Appalachian state beat Michigan. 

3. Subsequently reduced Nick saban to tears in the press conference. "Gosh, I guess he gawn' be my son in law now..."

4. set numerous records playing for a 15th seeded Texas A&M. How's that for overcoming adversity??

5. inspired Mike Evans to actually play football seriously, and eventually play in the NFL (he was all set to start a mobile detailing business before he met Jonny).

10. plowed his way through every sorority in the great state of Texas. Framed portraits hanging in every sorority house. A true role model. 

22. He's also the greatest high school QB of all time, and if you've watched Friday night lights like I did - you'll know that high skool football in Texas is really, really serious. 

If anyone's more worthy of a place on an NFL roster, it's Johnny foosball. He's way more deserving than Tebow. A true American hero. 

Fight me, @DerrickHenrysCleats. I know you're still scarred by the beatdown he gave your team in 2012. 

Frame this post.

4 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Don't forget he did all this while doing cocaine off hookers and popping Xanax.

Lil Johnny was truly a visionary. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yeah I know what a restraining order is. The only odd thing here is to get this offended about a simple joke.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, predator_05 said:

1. Won the Heisman as a freshman (!!!!) -

Tebow won national championships to go with his heisman trophy and set the completion percentage record in the SEC.

1 victory does not a career make, Johnny was proof of that.

this sounds made up.

Not nearly good enough to overtake Tebow who lifts his teammates to play at a higher level (national championships) not for an occasional game.

5. inspired Mike Evans to actually play football seriously, and eventually play in the NFL (he was all set to start a mobile detailing business before he met Jonny)

Tebow did the same for Riley Cooper, Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez, The Pouncy Twins, and more. 

Tebow has sold more jerseys as a TE than Manziel did as a QB. How’s that for overcoming adversity?

Tebow plowed his way to national championships instead of the distractions that caused Manziel to self-destruct. 

Tebow came to national prominence as a junior at Nease, known for his running and throwing abilities, as well as an intense competitiveness. Later that year, he suffered an injury to his right leg late in the first half of a game. Originally believed to be suffering from a bad cramp, he actually played the entire second half with a broken fibula, at one point rushing for a 29-yard touchdown. After the game the extent of the injury was discovered and he was held out for the remainder of his junior season.[17]Nevertheless, he was named Florida's Player of the Year and became a major college footballquarterback prospect.[18]

During his senior season, he led the Nease Panthers to a state title, earned All-State honors, was named Florida's Mr. Football and a Parade magazine high school All-American, and repeated as Florida's Player of the Year.[18][19] He played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Texas which featured the top 78 senior high school football players in the nation and was shown nationally on NBC television.[20]

Tebow was the subject of an ESPN "Faces in Sports" documentary. The segment was titled "Tim Tebow: The Chosen One", and focused on Tebow's home school controversy and missionary work in the Philippines, his athletic exploits, and the college recruiting process.[21] Tebow was also featured in Sports Illustrated on the "Faces in the Crowd" page.[22] In 2007, he was named to the Florida State Athletic Association's All-Century Team that listed the Top 33 football players in the state of Florida's 100-year history of high school football.

suffice to say that this in completely inaccurate. Tebow was a better high school, college, and NFL player than Johnny Manziel ever was. It’s why Tebow is in the NFL leading the league in jersey sales and why Johnny Manziel is playing in a football league where fans like you and me call the plays we want him to run.

Not as much as you would think. The team he beat in 2012 has since won 4 additional national championships, more than enough to have long ago forgotten about a fluke game from a fluke QB.

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah I know what a restraining order is. The only odd thing here is to get this offended about a simple joke.

I wasn't offended, but I also wasn't sure it was a joke.  Now that you say it was, fair enough.  But I have seen some pretty awful tragedies involving people I knew and restraining orders, so I don't consider them a laughing matter.

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

I wasn't offended, but I also wasn't sure it was a joke.  Now that you say it was, fair enough.  But I have seen some pretty awful tragedies involving people I knew and restraining orders, so I don't consider them a laughing matter.

Making jokes about terrible things has been at the core of comedy and a large part of the success for a lot of the most famous comedians. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Tebow strikes me as the kind of guy to put up 5/100/2 his first week and then not match those numbers with all the other games combined. 

Indeed..they would force feed him that first week to justify the weird signing..

Well Tebow is quite short and a little light to play TE in the NFL.  Plus he does not have any experience blocking, running routes, or catching passes.

So I think even if Meyer tries to force feed Tebow in week 1 or in any other week, it will not work because Tebow is not going to be able to get open.

18 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well Tebow is quite short and a little light to play TE in the NFL.  Plus he does not have any experience blocking, running routes, or catching passes.

So I think even if Meyer tries to force feed Tebow in week 1 or in any other week, it will not work because Tebow is not going to be able to get open.

Yeah but to quote the great Meek Mill:

"I (Tebow) got God watchin' over me from courtside".

The dude hit a HR in his first pro at bat. 

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah but to quote the great Meek Mill:

"I (Tebow) got God watchin' over me from courtside".

The dude hit a HR in his first pro at bat. 

And then proceeded to hit 17 more home runs and strike out 537 more times in the four years he spent in the Mets' minor league system.

36 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And then proceeded to hit 17 more home runs and strike out 537 more times in the four years he spent in the Mets' minor league system.

6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Tebow strikes me as the kind of guy to put up 5/100/2 his first week and then not match those numbers with all the other games combined. 

spacer.png