NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Tim Tebow 2021 Outlook

On 7/6/2021 at 9:46 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

could be mutually beneficial. Waller can teach Tebow some of the intricacies of playing the TE position and Tebow can help show Waller how to be an ultimate team leader and impart some of his knowledge of what it’s like to make the playoffs and win.

If Waller can teach someone that isn’t tall & fast to become tall &fast he may be onto something.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

yeah and Tebow can teach Waller how to raise the level of play of his teammates to make the playoffs and win.

Do they immediately get replaced by Peyton Manning & traded to the Jets once that happens?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PrestigeWW said:

Do they immediately get replaced by Peyton Manning & traded to the Jets once that happens?

don’t know don’t care.

the question was posed whether Waller could teach Tim Tebow something he didn’t have any experience at and I said Tebow could also teach Waller something he has no experience at (playing in the playoffs and winning). I’m sure Waller would enjoy that as would Tebow.

Like it or not, Tebow is going to be their TE1. You combine the lack of depth at the position, his familiarity with meyer and his ability to be a gadget player gives Meyer everything he needs to make this situation extremely messy for fantasy owners of jax skill players. Hes going to be very inconsistent but will be a td heavy option for desperate te streamers. It will be a similar situation Hill was in NO last year.

Dont take it so seriously, draft tebow as your last pick in fantasy just for the lulz and enjoy the ride!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Potty said:

Like it or not, Tebow is going to be their TE1. You combine the lack of depth at the position, his familiarity with meyer and his ability to be a gadget player gives Meyer everything he needs to make this situation extremely messy for fantasy owners of jax skill players. Hes going to be very inconsistent but will be a td heavy option for desperate te streamers. It will be a similar situation Hill was in NO last year.

Dont take it so seriously, draft tebow as your last pick in fantasy just for the lulz and enjoy the ride!

I agree with this, except the part about drafting Tebow.  Meyer did not sign Tebow only to cut him.  He signed Tebow because Tebow is making the team.  And Meyer is going to pick Tebow for the 53 so he can use Tebow at the goalline.

It won't work, at all.  Tebow's slow-footed gadgetry was long ago solved irrevocably by NFL D coordinators.  But it will mess with the values of James Robinson, Shenault, and even Trevor Lawrence.

If you want to use Tebow as your bye-week TE as a desperation TD dart-throw playing for the second worst team in the entire NFL (Texans are worse), be my guest.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Potty said:

Isn’t the word on the street that he’s getting cut? 

6 hours ago, P@ckersFan said:

That is just building the drama for when he "miraculously" makes the final roster.

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2021 at 5:21 PM, P@ckersFan said:

I suppose but the latest reports, or the ones I read, are really just a regurgitation of the same stuff. He's too old, transitioning to another position has already been tried, his ball skills are suspect and he's "stealing" the opportunity of some young, always unnamed phenom who will fall by the wayside & forgotten about... forever & ever. The end. I don't know if he makes the team or not, I felt he had a fair chance but what I do know is how incredibly important it is for some that he doesn't make the team.      

On 7/9/2021 at 11:15 AM, Potty said:

enjoy the ride even more if Jax trades Minshew and TLaw gets hurt.

On 7/11/2021 at 9:21 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I will enjoy the ride if Meyer tries to play Tebow at QB, but not for the reasons you think.

On 7/11/2021 at 12:21 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'm getting flashbacks from the Taysom Hill thread....

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just stoked covid didn't stop dude from marrying and getting a wife and finally getting laid, maybe thats what cleared and opened his mind to finally switching from stubborn qb to possibly beastly te. Free your mind and the rest will follow.

Edited by hard1
  • Haha 4