NBC Sports Edge Forums

6 hours ago, trilly said:

"He couldn't have landed into any other situation, bc no other teams would realistically consider this. Again, if it's to sell tickets then sure but I wouldn't bet on him even making the roster."

Ha-ha... You're right about that, but the point is moot. The greater hurdles are likely what kind of ball skills does he have & how bad he really wants this? You could argue & I can't dispute the contention that he only wants this because he's exhausted every other opportunity he's had. However, while speed & elusiveness aren't strengths, Tebow is a dog that won't be easy for DBs to get to the ground.  In the run game, he's not going to neutralize DEs or even thumpers, but DBs? He's going to muckle-cake those little $h!+s.

We may also want to consider the state of defense today, the tackling couldn't be any worse. Don't trip anybody, don't pile on. Don't grab around the collar, don't hit a defenseless player or upend anybody. Don't lead with the helmet, don't hit anybody who is already down or out of bounds. Don't touch the QB after the ball is out. And DO NOT knee-capitate anybody! Finally, Gronk is out there running on what exactly, legs? Yeah, I need you to define that term because he can't run at all. If he can block & find space to operate in off run action, so can Tim Tebow. Early on, Hunter Henry couldn't stay on the field to save his life, so the Chargers kept bringing back Antonio Gates... did you happen to see some of that? OMG, he couldn't move at all! Could be wrong but I think this is all going to come down to one thing, his catch radius & how he catches it. I know this, he has huge hands.

The material below collectively establishes just one thing, which you may already know; that Tebow transitioning to HB/TE isn't some pipe dream of his, it's what evaluators were trying to get him to do right from the beginning.         

"Tebow's best fit at the next level will be at fullback or H-Back because his best skills are his running abilities; there's too much development involved to draft Tebow as a franchise quarterback, though the success of Pat White in the Wildcat offense could help his draft stock. Looks to be a second-round pick with his great intangibles and versatility.  Athletic and can move chains with legs Extremely powerful runner Good trucking ability; picks up yards after contact ..." https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010ttebow.php

"Jimmy Johnson, famed for building one of the most dominant teams of the ’90s, believes that [Tim Tebow] will need to switch to “H-Back or Receiver” at the next level." https://bleacherreport.com/articles/332849-the-best-fullback-in-the-draft

"Here’s how one baseball scouting outfit rates Tebow, and these numbers are better than they look, if you don’t speak baseball scouting reports. ... A "fielder" is a person who runs around and catches balls, I’m told. That’s kind of like an H-back, or a position many people pleaded for Tebow to play in whatever football exists beyond college football." https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/8/31/12726380/tim-tebow-baseball-mlb-yep-thats-him

"Despite suggestions by many that he would be better suited as a tight end at the next level, he remained bent on playing quarterback, starting 16 games and two playoff contests over three seasons." https://statesville.com/sports/tim-tebow-works-out-with-jaguars-as-a-tight-end-per-reports/article_25991f80-0730-56fa-b7dd-e7d047644f9e.html

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok Enjoy hell pal

Oh, well if Chris Simms said he was a selfish, horrible teammate on tv it must be true

Posted Images

8 hours ago, trilly said:

He couldn't have landed into any other situation, bc no other teams would realistically consider this. Again, if it's to sell tickets then sure but I wouldn't bet on him even making the roster.

so Urban signed Tebow, whose house is 3 doors down from him, so he could cut him a couple months later?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, trilly said:

He couldn't have landed into any other situation, bc no other teams would realistically consider this. Again, if it's to sell tickets then sure but I wouldn't bet on him even making the roster.

• Like 2

If Tebow would have switched to Hback at the very start of his career, that would have been a miserable failure, too.  TEs have to block, run routes, and catch passes, none of which he knows how to do.

• Like 1

Timmie Tim has in his entire College and NFL career (that's 77 games total) had exactly 1 play where he tried to catch a football, and that went like this (Tebow #15 in motion):

giphy.gif

Yeah that's... not great. 

• Like 1

Only a few players have switched positions somewhat successfully in the last 10 years.  JR Sweezy went from D-line to O-line, and Terrell Pryor has a decent run as a WR after starting out as a QB.

The big difference is that each of those guys were still playing NFL football as opposed to taking 9 years off.

11 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I stand corrected, but that wasn’t even my point. That was a minor “contention” tagged onto the end of the post. My point was they had way too many holes to fill to draft a RB with their second 1st rd pick, after having a rookie perform the way Robinson did as a rookie. And there’s no way of knowing if those were apt to repeat this year or not. 

But since this isn’t the Robinson thread...Tebow! 

That's a fine opinion. You also didn't provide any insight into who you would've taken at 25, and your in-depth scouting of that guy to support why he'd help the team more than Etienne(I promise you Meyer did). So it hardly warrants calling Meyer an 'idiot' for it. I know you didn't, but that's the whole basis of my post so if you're going to quote me and debate you're passively agreeing with that. 

All he does is win?

Except v. New England in the playoffs, and then, never again.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

All he does is win?

Good lord man, don't take everything so seriously. That mash-up is a cult classic and my friends and I still laugh about it to this day(even before the recent news)

14 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

All he does is win?

They were 1-4 without Tebow. They were 8-5 including playoffs with Tebow with 6 game winning drives. He went into the playoffs against a 12-4 Steelers team that had the best defense in the league. They allowed the least PPG, least YPG, and least passing yards per game. Tebow had 316 passing yards, 50 rushing yards, 3 total TDs, and no TOs.

0480ed9fbb6195df28f5056be9180a06.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Posted (edited)

Im pissed if im Colin Keapernick right now....

Kap had it all wrong...he should tweet that he has converted to WR and hope he gets a call from a team to try him out?

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Im pissed if im Colin Keapernick right now....

Kap had it all wrong...he should tweet that he has converted to WR and hope he gets a call from a team to try him out?

That or he could’ve asked for less than 10M a year to be a backup. 

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

That or he could’ve asked for less than 10M a year to be a backup. 

I think Superbowl quarterbacks should def ask for atleast 10M but i agree .....just take what you can to stay in the league!!

20 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I think Superbowl quarterbacks should def ask for atleast 10M but i agree .....just take what you can to stay in the league!!

Cam Newton is criminally underpaid isn't he?

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

???

rex grossman should have made 10 million a year cause he appeared in a super bowl?

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

???

rex grossman should have made 10 million a year cause he appeared in a super bowl?

Don't forget about Super Bowl winning superstar Trent Dilfer.

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

im not sure why. It’s a message board after all. I’m sure if Jim harbaugh came back to the nfl he would sign kap as a TE.

Sometimes it’s best to just think the thoughts you have.  Even in a message.  

What I will say is the talent between Kaep and Tebow (Hell, Kaep and Rudolph; or Kaep and some - most backups and pretty much all 3rd string QB) is truly substantial with Kaep considerably in favor.

And I’m saying this because if anyone thinks that Tebow is coming to JUST play TE and not some QB, I would say that the thought is extremely gullible.

Edited by nn4mz
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

im not sure why. It’s a message board after all. I’m sure if Jim harbaugh came back to the nfl he would sign kap as a TE.

To the mods it’s like mentioning the Tiananmen Square in China. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
5 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

Sometimes it’s best to just think the thoughts you have.  Even in a message.  

What I will say is the talent between Kaep and Tebow (Hell, Kaep and Rudolph; or Kaep and some - most backups and pretty much all 3rd string QB) is truly substantial with Kaep considerably in favor.

And I’m saying this because if anyone thinks that Tebow is coming to JUST play TE and not some QB, I would say that the thought is extremely gullible.

yeah, I wonder why he wouldn’t try out at Fullback, at least that would be easier to swallow for a roster spot than a TE but in terms of fantasy I do like that he has TE eligibility. There is a real chance they use him as a goal line hammer and from the TE spot that might be enough to be fantasy relevant.

2 carries, 2 yards, 2 TD kinda stat line 😂 while Etienne goes 22 for 145 and 5 catches for 60 yards and James Robinson gets 7 carries for 45 yards and 2 catches for 10 yards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/12/2021 at 7:11 PM, Gohawks said:

To the mods it’s like mentioning the Tiananmen Square in China. 

They don't want to talk about that anymore. The guy that stood in front of the Chinese Communist Party tank hoping for more freedom has been erased from history.

I think the TT story is just some push back against all this "woke" BS that has infected the NFL and our country. An older White Christian playing football is not acceptable to the "woke" crowd if the skinny, out of shape, out of talent Black Kap is still around. That said, TT looks to be in great shape and could prolly have some positive impact on the team. It's really sad that the destructive "woke" politics are destroying our country, the NFL, and this board.

I despise the politics of both, and I sneer at the prospects of either being fantasy relevant, ever again.

They obviously floated the story of the Tebow signing as a trial balloon to gage reaction.  The fact that they have not, in fact, signed him seems to indicate the reaction was about what should have been expected.