NBC Sports Edge Forums

27 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

.And no I did not hear Chris Simms talk about Tebow on "TV."  I don't watch "TV."  I do occasionally watch short clips on the internet from analysts I have come to trust.  Which may be one of the reasons I can analyze things in a different way from the majority.

Watching short clips and not TV doesn't make you different it makes you like everyone else.

Who the f--- watches TV anymore other than for the actual games?

• Like 2
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok Enjoy hell pal

Oh, well if Chris Simms said he was a selfish, horrible teammate on tv it must be true

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And, because Tebow has no business taking up a valuable NFL roster spot but is doing so anyway, this talk about what a "good dude" he is, well it is a little jarring.  I know a few egomaniac attention whores who would step on their own mother's face to stay in the limelight, but I don't consider any of them "good dudes."

I don't get at all why you think he is taking anyone's spot. As it's been said a million times, he's earned that spot. He's one of the best college QBs of all time and is extremely famous. Guess what? It's appealing to a franchise that's been irrelevant for ages. It brings publicity and spikes jersey sales if nothing else. That's what earns him a spot over some guy that will be cut in a few months anyways. It's not like they signed Michael B. Jordan or something...

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Watching short clips and not TV doesn't make you different it makes you like everyone else.

My sense is that many of our friends on this forum, especially the true Koolaid drinkers, still watch quite a bit of "TV."  I realized ESPN had jumped the shark for good when the lead story was that Tim Tebow was listed 3rd on the depth chart at QB for the Denver Broncos.  It must have been in the Spring or Summer of 2011.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I don't get at all why you think he is taking anyone's spot. As it's been said a million times, he's earned that spot. He's one of the best college QBs of all time and is extremely famous. Guess what? It's appealing to a franchise that's been irrelevant for ages. It brings publicity and spikes jersey sales if nothing else. That's what earns him a spot over some guy that will be cut in a few months anyways. It's not like they signed Michael B. Jordan or something...

Tebow earned his 90 man roster spot?  By playing minor league baseball for the past four years?  Tebow is a celebrity, not a real NFL football player.  And any coach who gives a 90-man roster spot to someone other than a real NFL player risks the credibility of the entire program.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And no I did not hear Chris Simms talk about Tebow on "TV."  I don't watch "TV."  I do occasionally watch short clips on the internet from analysts I have come to trust.  

I'm not following what the difference is whether you saw Simms say it on tv or on your computer, or read it somewhere. Ahh just creating another opportunity to make a snarky remark about your superiority. 

Edited by owenmills
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

I sometimes watch Good Morning Football while I'm working to get my Kay Adams fix...

18 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I sometimes watch Good Morning Football while I'm working to get my Kay Adams fix...

Tim Tebow would not approve

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, PrestigeWW said:

No one has ever watched Tebow throw a football and said "he looks just like Steve Young".

It is completely possible to think that Tebow is a good dude while at the same time think he has no business playing in the NFL.

mike Lombardi did

55 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

mike Lombardi did

Then Mike Lombardi is an idjyit.  But we already knew that.

4 hours ago, owenmills said:

I'm not following what the difference is whether you saw Simms say it on tv or on your computer, or read it somewhere. Ahh just creating another opportunity to make a snarky remark about your superiority. 

You are the one who accused me of watching "TV," an accusation no gentleman could suffer without offering a prompt and decisive response.

"TV" indeed.

14 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Then Mike Lombardi is an idjyit.  But we already knew that.

he simply pointed out the similarities between Tim Tebow’s game and Steve Young’s and was correct.

nobody was calling Steve Young a HOF’er in 1985. He was afforded the opportunity to improve his game.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

he simply pointed out the similarities between Tim Tebow’s game and Steve Young’s and was correct.

nobody was calling Steve Young a HOF’er in 1985. He was afforded the opportunity to improve his game.

As was Tebow, and Tebow never came close to doing so.  And now, 6 years later, Tebow is getting yet another chance after it did not work out with the Broncos, Jets, Patriots, and Eagles.

The NFL is a business, they really like making money. Tebow is the first player ever to have the most popular jersey sold with five different teams. He may be an awful QB, but he is not being brought in to play that position. He could be an awful TE, but I expect him to play more of a joker/HB role in the red zone. Will he detract fantasy value from his teammates? Sure. But will he sell more tickets and make the Jacksonville games that much more entertaining? The team seems to be banking on it.

Continue dumping on him all you want if beating up on the lowest hanging fruit is that entertaining to you, but realize that the NFL is more WWE than an actual meritocracy when it comes to reps and playing time. Money always talks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

As was Tebow, and Tebow never came close to doing so.  And now, 6 years later, Tebow is getting yet another chance after it did not work out with the Broncos, Jets, Patriots, and Eagles.

Tebow was not afforded the opportunity to develop like Steve Young was. I don’t know if you are old enough to remember or not but after Steve Young’s 2nd full season with Tampa Bay they traded him to Bill Walsh and SF and he was allowed 5 years to develop and work on his game before he was asked to start again when he was 30 years old. He was not asked to change positions and cut or released unless he agreed.

Tebow was constantly asked to change positions. NYJ, PHI, NE none of them were legitimate opportunities to further his career as a QB, none of them let him start a game 

if teams were willing to take him as a TE/HB 6 years ago and thought he was athletic enough to play then what has changed during that time? If he decides he wants to change positions now he still has the athletic talent that warranted many teams wanting him before.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You are the one who accused me of watching "TV," an accusation no gentleman could suffer without offering a prompt and decisive response.

"TV" indeed.

Accused you of watching tv 😂 No, I accused you of talking out of your a** in regards to Tebow being a selfish teammate. What happened was when I was commenting and thinking back to reference your post I thought you said GMF(Good Morning Football) but it was PFT. I just had Kay on my mind I guess

"And no I did not hear Chris Simms talk about Tebow on "TV."  I don't watch "TV."  I do occasionally watch short clips on the internet from analysts I have come to trust.  Which may be one of the reasons I can analyze things in a different way from the majority."

Really though, with that condescending attitude I'll never take you seriously. 

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

if teams were willing to take him as a TE/HB 6 years ago and thought he was athletic enough to play then what has changed during that time? If he decides he wants to change positions now he still has the athletic talent that warranted many teams wanting him before.

What changed?  What changed?  Shad Kahn foolishly offered Urban Meyer the Jaguars HC job, and one of his first major decisions was giving a roster spot to a crony who has not played a live NFL snap in 9 years.

4 hours ago, lolcopter said:

The NFL is a business, they really like making money. Tebow is the first player ever to have the most popular jersey sold with five different teams. He may be an awful QB, but he is not being brought in to play that position. He could be an awful TE, but I expect him to play more of a joker/HB role in the red zone. Will he detract fantasy value from his teammates? Sure. But will he sell more tickets and make the Jacksonville games that much more entertaining? The team seems to be banking on it.

Continue dumping on him all you want if beating up on the lowest hanging fruit is that entertaining to you, but realize that the NFL is more WWE than an actual meritocracy when it comes to reps and playing time. Money always talks.

The signing of Tim Tebow certainly is a WWE type move, I will grant you that.  But the NFL is far more legit than the WWE.  At least it is now.

3 hours ago, owenmills said:

Accused you of watching tv 😂 No, I accused you of talking out of your a** in regards to Tebow being a selfish teammate. What happened was when I was commenting and thinking back to reference your post I thought you said GMF(Good Morning Football) but it was PFT. I just had Kay on my mind I guess

"And no I did not hear Chris Simms talk about Tebow on "TV."  I don't watch "TV."  I do occasionally watch short clips on the internet from analysts I have come to trust.  Which may be one of the reasons I can analyze things in a different way from the majority."

Really though, with that condescending attitude I'll never take you seriously. 

It is not hard to figure out that Tebow is all about Tebow, which is one of the many reasons he has not played a snap since 2012.  The other being that he is not good enough at football to compete against other NFL caliber players.

• Haha 2
58 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It is not hard to figure out that Tebow is all about Tebow, which is one of the many reasons he has not played a snap since 2012.  The other being that he is not good enough at football to compete against other NFL caliber players.

Tebow is winning at life.. what’s all this animosity towards Tebow get out of your feelings 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

What changed?  What changed?  Shad Kahn foolishly offered Urban Meyer the Jaguars HC job, and one of his first major decisions was giving a roster spot to a crony who has not played a live NFL snap in 9 years.

What changed? The Jags got the top draft pick and the Khanster lured the top NCAA coach to Jacksonville creating the biggest BUZZ Jacksonville has had in years. Than as if it were a WWE scripted show, Tim Tebow rises from the grave, changes positions, returns and re-unite with his former coach not only in the NFL but in Florida. 

I'm looking forward to watching the Jags play this yr for the first time in a LONG while for a mixture of reasons, one being Urban Meyers. I don't really follow NCAA but i know the name Urban Meyers the same as i heard of Chip Kelly, Pete Carrol and Harbaugh before they gave the NFL a go. You say it's foolish, i'm sure others called these foolish too but it's interesting to see how/if they transition, fail or succeed. At least to me.

In terms of Tebows not being a "nice guy" lol. I searched and couldnt find anything to support that in fact I found and learnt alot more on how he is a "nice guy" through make-a-wish and his foundation that helps sick children etc as well as other philothropic endevours he partakes in. Thank you for that! 

I hope he makes the team but if not gets a chrony coaching gig or some made up position. 

Edited by NInsko
  • Like 3

A crony coaching position would have been really awful because a more-deserving real coach would have missed out.  But it would have been far better than giving Tebow a stinking roster spot!  Sheesh.  Tebow does not want to coach--he wants to be an NFL superstar in addition to being a cultural superstar.

Remember--charity means acts done to help the less fortunate while everybody is watching.  

It's funny to me that anyone on a message board can be so opinionated and critical of a business (NFL team) deeming someone worthy of a spot in THEIR organization because they believe they will be an asset.

The Jacksonville Jaguar know more than someone on a message board on how to run their business.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

A crony coaching position would have been really awful because a more-deserving real coach would have missed out.  But it would have been far better than giving Tebow a stinking roster spot!  Sheesh.  Tebow does not want to coach--he wants to be an NFL superstar in addition to being a cultural superstar.

Remember--charity means acts done to help the less fortunate while everybody is watching.  

Damn dude I don't know what Tim Tebow did to you but it must have been really bad. I expected you to turn it around and say charity work is essentially a selfish act and you did. I could post vids of  childrens testimony saying he changed their lives etc but you would find something negative with that too.

Can you at least provide the one instance you mentioned? Or any other I'm pretty interested into seeing this dark side thats so well known that i seem to be oblivious too. 

Edited by NInsko
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1