NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Tim Tebow 2021 Outlook

16 hours ago, owenmills said:

Accused you of watching tv¬†ūüėā¬†No, I accused you of talking out of your a** in regards to Tebow being a selfish teammate. What happened was¬†when I was commenting and¬†thinking back to reference your post I thought you said GMF(Good Morning Football) but it was PFT. I just had Kay on my mind I guess

"And no I did not hear Chris Simms talk about Tebow on "TV."  I don't watch "TV."  I do occasionally watch short clips on the internet from analysts I have come to trust.  Which may be one of the reasons I can analyze things in a different way from the majority."

Really though, with that condescending attitude I'll never take you seriously. 

Welcome to the club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

It's funny to me that anyone on a message board can be so opinionated and critical of a business (NFL team) deeming someone worthy of a spot in THEIR organization because they believe they will be an asset.

The Jacksonville Jaguar know more than someone on a message board on how to run their business.

The Jacksonville Jaguars are a basket-case organization.  They compound bad decisions by piling on more bad decisions.  They have not won a thing since Coughlin was their coach.

But giving a media celebrity and washed-up "never was" one of the coveted 90 man roster spots to sell a few jerseys?  They may have just sunk to a new low.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, NInsko said:

Damn dude I don't know what Tim Tebow did to you but it must have been really bad. I expected you to turn it around and say charity work is essentially a selfish act and you did. I could post vids of  childrens testimony saying he changed their lives etc but you would find something negative with that too.

Can you at least provide the one instance you mentioned? Or any other I'm pretty interested into seeing this dark side thats so well known that i seem to be oblivious too. 

Perhaps team dynamics is a concept too complicated for you to understand.  The front office, coaching staff, and team leaders amongst the players all have to be on the same page in order to have succcess.

The team is more important than any individual, although of course the starting quarterback and perhaps a superstar defender or two take on an enhanced role.

What about Tebow?  When they asked him to switch positions, or suggested he try the CFL or Arena League, etc to work on his QB game, he always said the same thing:  "I want to be a quarteback in the NFL."  And by that he means the starting quarterback.

So he's a media circus, and he cares about himself and playing the position he wants to play.  Murder on team chemistry.  

I do agree that it may well be entertaining to watch it play out, in a way that a spectacular train wreck is.  It will not break my heart to see Tebow getting stuffed for a six yard loss every time he touches the ball, which is what I suspect will happen if Meyer is stubborn enough to actually put him in a game.  He'll be like the 2020 version of Jason Witten, except without the ability to block, run routes, and catch the ball.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The Jacksonville Jaguars are a basket-case organization.  They compound bad decisions by piling on more bad decisions.  They have not won a thing since Coughlin was their coach.

I'm not disagreeing that they've been a joke of an organization, but saying they haven't won a thing since Coughlin is just factually incorrect. Bortles (!!) took them as far as Coughlin did, they very nearly knocked off the Patriots (and had some bad officiating luck in that game with the early whistle on the Myles Jack fumble recovery).

It still amazes how polarizing Tebow is for people, he seems like a stand up guy all around. If he earns a spot on the Jags, kudos to him (I've already made my stance on that known). 

• Like 1

That's kind of damning with faint praise.

Q:  "Is that player any good?"

A:  "He's great to be around."

Q:  "Can he play?"

A:  "Great character guy."

Q:  "Will he create mismatches and force the defense to adjust to him?"

A:  "He works really, really hard.  No one is going to work harder."  

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Maybe it'll end up like a pro version of Rudy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Look at this egotistical self absorbed attention whore.   

Opinion of anonymous online poster SharkSwimmer(who read a story where Chris Simms said something) >>>> Franchise QB playing on the same team

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Opinion of anonymous online poster SharkSwimmer(who read a story where Chris Simms said something) >>>> Franchise QB playing on the same team

You don't know quite when to quit, do you.  Listen, I thought Le'Veon Bell was an easy one.  The guy clearly could not play anymore, but his defenders swore up and down he would be a mid-range RB2 in 2020 on the Jets.  Then they rejoiced and penciled Bell in for RB1 numbers once the Chiefs signed Bell off of the scrap heap.   Cue the sad trombones.

But at least Bell took only one year off from playing, and was still a tailback.  Tebow has not played a snap for the past nine seasons, and is purportedly switching to a position he has never played before.  But his supporters, similarly, are all insisting that it is going to work out just fine.

19 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You don't know quite when to quit, do you. 

That's incredibly hilarious coming from you, the guy who demolishes threads belaboring his points until other people just get bored and stops

21 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

But his supporters, similarly, are all insisting that it is going to work out just fine.

Nobody here is hyping up Tebow. That's your imagination. I have no idea how it's going to work out, and don't even¬†care. I just thought you attempting to go past his football play and call him a lousy teammate without anything to back it up was ridiculous and showed how you seriously are harboring some kind of dislike for him beyond football. Yeah I'm probably not going to quit going in on your for that for awhile¬†ūüėĄ

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You don't know quite when to quit, do you.  Listen, I thought Le'Veon Bell was an easy one.  The guy clearly could not play anymore, but his defenders swore up and down he would be a mid-range RB2 in 2020 on the Jets.  Then they rejoiced and penciled Bell in for RB1 numbers once the Chiefs signed Bell off of the scrap heap.   Cue the sad trombones.

But at least Bell took only one year off from playing, and was still a tailback.  Tebow has not played a snap for the past nine seasons, and is purportedly switching to a position he has never played before.  But his supporters, similarly, are all insisting that it is going to work out just fine.

No one here is claiming Tebow is going to relevant in football.

You're the one defaming his character and hating and bashing the man for absolutely no reason when everything and everyone points to him behind a stand up guy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, owenmills said:

That's incredibly hilarious coming from you, the guy who demolishes threads belaboring his points until other people just get bored and stops

Nobody here is hyping up Tebow. That's your imagination. I have no idea how it's going to work out, and don't even¬†care. I just thought you attempting to go past his football play and call him a lousy teammate without anything to back it up was ridiculous and showed how you seriously are harboring some kind of dislike for him beyond football. Yeah I'm probably not going to quit going in on your for that for awhile¬†ūüėĄ

You might want to read this thread, then report back and let me know if you would like to change your answer.

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:
Look at this egotistical self absorbed attention whore.   

Great job by Trevor Lawrence to handle this question about Tim Tebow near the end of May by not saying anything.  "Good teammate."  "Great guy."  "What an inspiration."  How is Lawrence going to handle it when he gets asked about Tebow every single day from here until when the season starts?  And how about when Meyer takes Lawrence out at the 1 so Tebow can get stuffed on a gimmick play?  How will Lawrence handle it then?

25 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

No one here is claiming Tebow is going to relevant in football.

You're the one defaming his character and hating and bashing the man for absolutely no reason when everything and everyone points to him behind a stand up guy. 

In this thread I have been told the following:

Tebow will easily make the team because the Jaguars have no other good TEs;

Tebow is going to have a package of plays designed for him, especially in the red zone;

And, last, but not least:

Tim Tebow was as good as Steve Young during their respective first two years, and Tebow would have become Steve Young if only Tebow had been given a proper chance to develope as a passer.

Yes, I know every one of those statements are beyond ridiculous, but reason seems to go out the window when it comes to this player.  For one thing, he just went 9 years without playing a regular season snap, but somehow has a 90 man roster spot.

18 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Tebow will easily make the team because the Jaguars have no other good TEs;

Tebow is going to have a package of plays designed for him, especially in the red zone;

And, last, but not least:

Tim Tebow was as good as Steve Young during their respective first two years, and Tebow would have become Steve Young if only Tebow had been given a proper chance to develope as a passer.

Yes, I know every one of those statements are beyond ridiculous, but reason seems to go out the window when it comes to this player.  For one thing, he just went 9 years without playing a regular season snap, but somehow has a 90 man roster spot.

That’s great. It wouldn’t be such a big issue if you stuck to arguing how good or relevant Tebow will be as a football player.

Instead you chose to attack his character by calling him an attention whore, fraud, egomaniac, etc. All baseless claims that make you seem like a hater more than anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You might want to read this thread, then report back and let me know if you would like to change your answer.

No, you're wrong¬†ūüėȬ†But anyways, none of what you're referencing was ever said by me so take that up with them. What we're talking about is your ridiculous comment about Tebow being a selfish, lousy teammate. You're wrong about that too. Of course you'll keep going about why you're right, despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary and your¬†story about Chris Simms

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

What changed?  What changed?  Shad Kahn foolishly offered Urban Meyer the Jaguars HC job, and one of his first major decisions was giving a roster spot to a crony who has not played a live NFL snap in 9 years.

Shad Kahn made more money off Urban Meyer signing Tebow than most people will make in their entire lives so I’m pretty sure all involved are winning already.

From a purely business standpoint anybody that leads the NFL in jersey sales deserves a roster spot. You combine that with the naturally athletic and gifted talents of a heisman trophy winning and NFL playoff winning starting QB who knows how to win then it is a no brainer to bring him onto your team. How to Develop a winning culture and leading the NFL in jersey sales are 2 attributes Tim Tebow has already brought to Jacksonville.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Don’t mean to get in the way of a quality rant but just wanted to correct you on your mistake. Tebow wasn’t as good as Steve Young during their respective first two years in the league. He was substantially better and won a playoff game.

Steve Young:

1985 Season - started 5 games and went 1-4 as a starter. Was 72 of 138 for 935 yards and 3 TDs with 8 Interceptions. He rushed 40 times for 233 yards and 1 TD

1986 Season - started 14 games with a record of 2-12. He was 195 of 363 for 2,282 yards and 8 TDs with 13 Interceptions. He rushed 74 times for 425 yards and 5 TDs.

Tim Tebow:

2010 Season - started 3 games finishing 1-2. He was 41/82 for 654 and 5 TDs with 3 Interceptions. He rushed 43 times for 227 yards and 6 TDs.

2011 Season - started 11 games went 7-4 and won a wild card playoff game. He was 126 of 271 for 1,729 yards and 12 TD with 6 Interceptions. He rushed 122 times for an additional 660 yards and 6 TDs. 

As you can see Tebow enjoyed much more success during their first 2 years in the league as starting QBs. The real difference is that an offensive genius traded for Steve Young when everyone told him not to and allowed him to sit and learn until he was 30 years old before he was asked to play meaningful snaps again. Tebow was traded to teams who wanted to turn him into a gimmick player and never allowed him to start another game, thus never letting him develop as a QB. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Perhaps team dynamics is a concept too complicated for you to understand.  The front office, coaching staff, and team leaders amongst the players all have to be on the same page in order to have succcess.

The team is more important than any individual, although of course the starting quarterback and perhaps a superstar defender or two take on an enhanced role.

What about Tebow?  When they asked him to switch positions, or suggested he try the CFL or Arena League, etc to work on his QB game, he always said the same thing:  "I want to be a quarteback in the NFL."  And by that he means the starting quarterback.

So he's a media circus, and he cares about himself and playing the position he wants to play.  Murder on team chemistry.  

I do agree that it may well be entertaining to watch it play out, in a way that a spectacular train wreck is.  It will not break my heart to see Tebow getting stuffed for a six yard loss every time he touches the ball, which is what I suspect will happen if Meyer is stubborn enough to actually put him in a game.  He'll be like the 2020 version of Jason Witten, except without the ability to block, run routes, and catch the ball.

Here you are deflecting a direct question about proof of your previous claim by implying i dont understand the complexities of team sports, really? lol. I don't know if you have an inferiority complex or something but you do seem to like to put others down, myself as well as others here.

Why do you do low key ad hominen attacks to other posters when asked  a question instead of just answering and showing proof for claims you made? your verbal diarrea is becoming tiresome, please put up or shut up with the hate. 

Edited by NInsko
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/24/2021 at 12:30 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

That's just one example but an enterprising researcher could quickly locate dozens more.  Tebow's ego is limitless and his talent to play QB is nearly non-existent, yet is quite a bit better than his talent at playing Tight End.

"Dozens"

12×?(Simms+Anecdote)=Sharkswimmers Tim Tebow delusions.

• Like 1

You want to see my evidence that Tim Tebow is self-centered and a bad teammate? 

See the brief and unsuccessful career of Tebow, Timothy Richard, 2010-2012.

And now that we have seen Trevor Lawrence say something nice about Tim Tebow, I wonder what Tim Tebow has had to say about Trevor Lawrence?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Why are you using quotes for something you 100% made up? Quotes are typically used when quoting someone. Are you misquoting someone again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My humor has always been about three degrees too subtle for you, my man.  I think the point was made.  Others seem to have picked up what I was putting down.  Except for the times you willfully misunderstood me because doing so fit your narrative better.

So I googled "Tim Tebow speaks about Trevor Lawrence" and results were pretty sparse.  Best I could do was a story from when Tebow was an ESPN analyst like he still should be. In the clip, Tebow idiotically opined that no one should be assuming that Trevor Lawrence will be the first pick in the draft.

So there's no quote since Tebow signed.  And the only one before that was brain-dead and negative, and made in a public forum to a national audience.

Great teammate.  What a guy.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You want to see my evidence that Tim Tebow is self-centered and a bad teammate? 

See the brief and unsuccessful career of Tebow, Timothy Richard, 2010-2012.

And now that we have seen Trevor Lawrence say something nice about Tim Tebow, I wonder what Tim Tebow has had to say about Trevor Lawrence?

I was hoping you'd come through with some legit dirt and enlighten a pleab like myself with your enterprising researcher capabilities.

Instead you provide hyperbolic opinion. 

Edited by NInsko
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Shad Kahn made more money off Urban Meyer signing Tebow than most people will make in their entire lives so I’m pretty sure all involved are winning already.

From a purely business standpoint anybody that leads the NFL in jersey sales deserves a roster spot. You combine that with the naturally athletic and gifted talents of a heisman trophy winning and NFL playoff winning starting QB who knows how to win then it is a no brainer to bring him onto your team. How to Develop a winning culture and leading the NFL in jersey sales are 2 attributes Tim Tebow has already brought to Jacksonville.

A winning culture?  Signing players who can't play is the way to build a winning culture?  I don't believe that is correct.  As to your second point, a quick cash grab for clicks and jersey sales, I think you are closer to the mark, there.  And that's horrible.  What does it say about the organization?  It would be like the Chargers signing Kanye West or the Seahawks signing Marshawn Lynch again.