NBC Sports Edge Forums

I personally don't think Gore should be on any 2021 impact lists. From everything I read the dude is lost. I suppose if he found it again things could move quickly but these command issues have been going for awhile now. 

25 minutes ago, octapuss said:

https://www.fantraxhq.com/top-fantasy-baseball-prospects/

I know this one is old too,  but a reference point for dynasty leagues.

Keep the minor leagues rolling! Real time data is the best.

Eric Cross ranked Randy Arozorena 98 earlier in the offseason, got sh*t for it, defended it, and then mysteriously shot up him up 70 spots without explanation. I wouldn't use him  for anything, even if the top of the list looks like all others.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Eric Cross ranked Randy Arozorena 98 earlier in the offseason, got sh*t for it, defended it, and then mysteriously shot up him up 70 spots without explanation. I wouldn't use him  for anything, even if the top of the list looks like all others.

I agree. I'm not a big Cross fan. The dude post twitter ranks where players change with the wind.

I am a Rotowire James Anderson fan. I don't have access to his top 400 list, but i love listening to him and Clay rap about Prospects on their podcast.

On 5/10/2021 at 5:22 PM, fbplayer03 said:

Any list without Minoah is a little ridiculous!!!

Maybe I'm just jaded cause I've been burned too many times, but I tend to completely ignore SP prospects in redraft leagues and even in keeper leagues I'm extremely wary (as opposed to RPs who IMHO have a better track record of coming up and immediately producing).

I've kind of come around to the idea that there is pretty much no such thing as an actual "pitching prospect," or at least they are extremely rare.  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Overlord said:

Maybe I'm just jaded cause I've been burned too many times, but I tend to completely ignore SP prospects in redraft leagues and even in keeper leagues I'm extremely wary (as opposed to RPs who IMHO have a better track record of coming up and immediately producing).

I've kind of come around to the idea that there is pretty much no such thing as an actual "pitching prospect," or at least they are extremely rare.  

Same here, my two allotted minor keeper slots are always bats.

17 hours ago, Overlord said:

Have you ever heard the story of Darth Lincecum the Freak?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, tucker26 said:

Have you ever heard the story of Darth Lincecum the Freak?

I’ve had Lincecum and Price as minor league keepers, but I’ve also had Colt Griffin and Mark Appel too. I’ve hit much more successfully on prospect bats than arms. 

Letting others in my league take the gamble on prospect arms, if they choose, allows me, and others, more intriguing prospect bats to choose from.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

I’ve had Lincecum and Price as minor league keepers, but I’ve also had Colt Griffin and Mark Appel too. I’ve hit much more successfully on prospect bats than arms. 

Letting others in my league take the gamble on prospect arms, if they choose, allows me, and others, more intriguing prospect bats to choose from.

Totally agree but Manoah appears to have a Freakish timeline and accession. Those types of quick rises make it not so painful of a stash. If they aren’t pitching this season in the mlb, not really interested myself. Unless it’s pure hype guys you can sell. 

• Like 1

The thing about pitching is you can get great value just buying hyped prospects at a discount after the fail and show signs of being great. Bauer, Gausman, Cole, Musgrove, Kikuchhi, whatever. There's more value in that.  Most superstar hitters are hyped from the start and good or quickly good thereafter.  Looking at ADP this year. Trout, Soto, Yelich, Acuna, and Turner were all highly regarded right away. Jose Ramirez is the outlier there.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of rotoballer.com

There's more to the article today (06/07) and each of the 50 prospects on it is given a brief summary.

Some pretty aggressive ETA's here IMO (Casas and Rutschman this August caught me by surprise)

Top 50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects for Week 11 | RotoBaller

Top Impact Prospects for Redraft Leagues

These prospect rankings are for 2021 redraft leagues.

Ranking Player Pos Team Age ETA
1 Wander Franco SS TB 20 JUNE
2 Vidal Brujan IF/OF TB 23 JUNE
3 Jo Adell OF LAA 21 JUNE
4 Jesus Sanchez OF MIA 23 JUNE
5 Jackson Kowar SP KC 24 JUNE
6 Keibert Ruiz C LAD 22 JUNE
7 Josh Lowe OF TB 23 JUNE
8 Joey Bart C SF 24 JUNE
9 Jarren Duran OF BOS 24 JULY
10 Seth Beer 1B ARZ 24 JULY
11 Shane Baz SP TB 21 JULY
12 Jhoan Duran SP MIN 23 JULY
13 Daniel Lynch SP KC 24 JULY
14 MacKenzie Gore SP SD 22 JULY
15 Nate Pearson SP TOR 24 JULY
16 Hunter Greene SP CIN 21 JULY
17 Brandon Marsh OF LAA 23 JULY
18 Cal Raleigh C SEA 24 JULY
19 Nick Lodolo SP CIN 23 JULY
20 Deivi Garcia SP NYY 22 JULY
21 Drew Waters OF ATL 22 AUG
22 Max Meyer SP MIA 22 AUG
23 Jose Garcia SS CIN 23 AUG
24 Roansy Contreras SP PIT 21 AUG
25 Lewin Diaz 1B MIA 24 AUG
26 Gabriel Moreno C TOR 21 AUG
27 Brent Rooker OF MIN 26 AUG
28 Nick Pratto 1B KC 22 AUG
29 Triston Casas 1B BOS 21 AUG
30 CJ Abrams SS SD 20 AUG
31 Adley Rutschman C BAL 23 AUG
32 Joe Ryan SP TB 24 AUG
33 Jake Burger 3B CWS 25 AUG
34 Matthew Liberatore SP STL 21 AUG
35 DL Hall SP BAL 22 AUG
36 Michael Busch 2B LAD 23 AUG
37 Tanner Houck SP BOS 24 AUG
38 Brailyn Marquez SP CHC 22 AUG
39 Jeter Downs SS/2B BOS 22 AUG
40 Heliot Ramos OF SF 21 AUG
41 Nolan Gorman 3B STL 21 AUG
42 Josiah Gray SP LAD 23 AUG
43 Kyle Bradish SP BAL 24 AUG
44 Packy Naughton SP LAA 25 AUG
45 Grayson Rodriguez SP BAL 21 AUG
46 Jake Eder SP MIA 22 AUG
47 Alec Burleson OF STL 22 AUG
48 Bobby Witt Jr. SS KC 20 AUG
49 Shea Langeliers C BOS 22 AUG
50 Nolan Jones 3B CLE 23 AUG

Top 10 Prospects for 2021

1. Wander Franco, SS: Franco has been hot in June as he reclaims the top spot on this list from his teammate who slips to the second slot. The 20-year-old phenom is 9-for-19 (.474) since the beginning of the month and now has a 142 wRC+ through 26 games

2. Vidal Brujan, IF/OF: After showing unexpected power early in the season, Brujan hasn’t hit a home run in 10 games. However, he’s still hitting well and wreaking havoc on the base paths with four steals over his past three games.

3. Jo Adell, OF: Adell leads the minor leagues in home runs with 15 in the span of 26 games, but he’s been bumped up this list because he’s making significantly more contact and has become less of a one-dimensional player in June. He’s on a six-game hit streak and has gone 8-for-15 (.533) over his last three appearances.

4. Jesus Sanchez, OF: Sanchez hit his first home run in 14 games on Saturday. However, he has hits in eight of his last nine games. If the 23-year-old outfielder can find a way to produce consistent power, he has a chance to be an impact outfielder.

5. Jackson Kowar, SP: Kowar has been nearly unhittable in Triple-A and lowered his ERA to 0.85 with another strong start last week. Through six appearances, he’s allowed just 18 hits in 31 2/3 innings and has a K-BB ratio of 41-10.

6. Keibert Ruiz, 😄 Ruiz has four multi-hit games during his last six appearances in Triple-A. Overall, he’s hitting .308 with 11 extra-base hits in 12 games.

7. Josh Lowe, OF: Lowe has hit well all season long while playing in the shadows of Wander Franco and Vidal Brujan. He has been really good lately and is 5-for-11 with a homer and two stolen bases over his past three games.

8. Joey Bart, 😄 Bart entered June hitting .378, but is now down to .310 after a recent cold streak. However, he still looks close to MLB ready when the next opportunity arises.

9. Jarren Duran, OF: Duran is currently participating in the US Olympic qualifying tournament.

10. Seth Beer, 1B/OF: Beer doesn’t get a ton of attention because he plays in Arizona’s system and he’s very limited defensively with his best position definitely being designated hitter. However, he’s done nothing but hit since turning pro and has a 124 wRC+ through 26 games at Triple-A.

• Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, RB_24 said:

I know his rankings are inconsistent but he did just update ... 

Eric Cross 

https://www.fantraxhq.com/top-fantasy-baseball-prospects/

I find it pretty interesting that Kristian Robinson somehow moved up from 27 to 24 despite being exiled from the U.S. due to legal problems (he punched a cop during a reported mental health emergency).  

23 minutes ago, Overlord said:

I find it pretty interesting that Kristian Robinson somehow moved up from 27 to 24 despite being exiled from the U.S. due to legal problems (he punched a cop during a reported mental health emergency).  

I think his hit tool moved up to a 65 FV after that.

• Haha 9

i agree Kelenic is prolly better than 0-37 and demotion but it did happen. I think JRod and Jasson Dominguez are the heir apparents to the 1 prospect spot with Wander in MLB. I think someone told Kelenic that he was drafted by the Mets and playing for Seattle 2 immediate strikes against any prospect succeeding.