NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when are they measuring his sprint speed, from the batter’s box to the dugout?  

13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I get everyone’s excited but it’s the Mariners. So...

spacer.png

And they're still playing him in AAA games and it looks like til Thursday.  It would be a total Mariner thing if he got hurt during minor league games after the report.

13 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

And they're still playing him in AAA games and it looks like til Thursday.  It would be a total Mariner thing if he got hurt during minor league games after the report.

No but it would be a total Mariners thing if they called him up and ruined him with the worst hitting coach I’ve ever seen

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

No but it would be a total Mariners thing if they called him up and ruined him with the worst hitting coach I’ve ever seen

Please enlighten me.... why is he the worst hitting coach? Also you think this guy can screw with Kellenic’s rookie batting numbers?

for everyone else.... you think he’s everyday player ROS? And why do huh think his range of outcomes is for a 162-game pace this season?

6 hours ago, skinsfan9109 said:

Please enlighten me.... why is he the worst hitting coach? Also you think this guy can screw with Kellenic’s rookie batting numbers?

for everyone else.... you think he’s everyday player ROS? And why do huh think his range of outcomes is for a 162-game pace this season?

Jim Carrey Yes GIF

• Haha 3
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, skinsfan9109 said:

[....] Not sure, No, Yes, and something like 23hr-15sb-.310 type hitter this year

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed complaint. PM a mod if you have a concern about site policy.
43 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

[....] Not sure, No, Yes, and something like 23hr-15sb-.310 type hitter this year

Would be VERY VERY surprised if he came "close-ish" to the .310 average....

• Like 1
8 hours ago, skinsfan9109 said:

Tim Laker is awful. Most Mariners fans have wanted him gone for a long time.

The Mariners as a team are tied for dead last in batting average at .210. 3rd to last in OBP, and I guess their SLG is their "redeemable" quality as they're all the way at 24. One of the bigger concerns is pretty much all the prospects from the Mariners have struggled hard. White has been brutal and Trammell looks like he has no business being in the league, I know they're no Kelenic and Kyle Lewis did fairly well but the way everyone has been struggling especially the young guys has me concerned.

The .310 average is pretty damn bold. I would guess more .240-.265 range. Throw in 20-25 HR, 10-13 stolen bases, and 55-70 RBIs and you have a solid player. I do think he has the potential to be blasting 30+ HRs a year and elevating all those stats across the board but will see. That's kind of what I would place him at for now. 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

This guy sounds incredible from all the hype...

.413 - 62 HR - 157 RBI - 43 SB

(also not really...)

Edited by posty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
14 minutes ago, posty said:

(also not really...)

And if he doesn’t go 4-5 with 2 HR’s 7 RBI 4 R and a SB in his debut, people here will start a lengthy conversation on the vent and rant thread.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, posty said:

(also not really...)

Now, project after the All Star break...........

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Now, project after the All Star break...........

After ASB: .472 - 47 HR - 120 RBI - 35 SB

(again, also not really...)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Tim Laker is awful. Most Mariners fans have wanted him gone for a long time.

The Mariners as a team are tied for dead last in batting average at .210. 3rd to last in OBP, and I guess their SLG is their "redeemable" quality as they're all the way at 24. One of the bigger concerns is pretty much all the prospects from the Mariners have struggled hard. White has been brutal and Trammell looks like he has no business being in the league, I know they're no Kelenic and Kyle Lewis did fairly well but the way everyone has been struggling especially the young guys has me concerned.

The .310 average is pretty damn bold. I would guess more .240-.265 range. Throw in 20-25 HR, 10-13 stolen bases, and 55-70 RBIs and you have a solid player. I do think he has the potential to be blasting 30+ HRs a year and elevating all those stats across the board but will see. That's kind of what I would place him at for now. 

The problem with this is all of these hitters had contact/hit tool issues in the minors. This isn’t a hitting coach problem, this is a “these prospects aren’t that great” problem. I don’t know Laker and maybe he isn’t making anyone better. But he sure isn’t making them worse.
Kelenic is his own self and will succeed or fail on his own, not because of a hitting coach. And yeah I agree, he’s not gonna be a .310 hitter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 5/11/2021 at 12:05 AM, skinsfan9109 said:

Is he an everyday player?  He's the face of the franchise.  Best prospect they've had since Adam Jones.  They're not going to call him up to platoon him.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Is he an everyday player?  He's the face of the franchise.  Best prospect they've had since Adam Jones.  They're not going to call him up to platoon him.

Not to mention, they're playing Jose Marmolajos and Taylor Trammell in LF.

They've already dicked around with his service time, and pissed him off, can't imagine they'd call  him up to split ABs with Jose Marmolajos.

• Haha 3
23 minutes ago, jb_power said:

i miss cmline and his insights into all that is Mariners baseball

I laughed out loud when I saw Jarred Kelenic had his own thread on Edge Forums. The guy has officially made it. He is a little skidmark on the fantasy scene. Speaking of skidmarks that is one way of describing his statistical performance this season. Although pile of s*** would probably be more articulate. Probably the worst "hitter" I have ever seen. If I was a teammate of Jarred’s I would treat him hitting the ball out of the infield almost as a walk off HR. Just shower the guy with a ton of high fives in the dugout. The Mariners outfield duo of Mittttttttttttttttttttttch Haniger and He Went To Jared could go down as the least productive in baseball history I would imagine. Currently Mariners outfielders boast a combined .132 batting average with a .430 OPS. I imagine that batting line is similar to many NL teams 9 hitter (for the most part) pitcher production. The highlight of Jarred’s career will probably be being able to google his name and seeing this thread pop up. The kid finally made it

• Haha 7