NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when are they measuring his sprint speed, from the batter’s box to the dugout?  

5 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

I laughed out loud when I saw Jarred Kelenic had his own thread on Edge Forums. The guy has officially made it. He is a little skidmark on the fantasy scene. Speaking of skidmarks that is one way of describing his statistical performance this season. Although pile of s*** would probably be more articulate. Probably the worst "hitter" I have ever seen. If I was a teammate of Jarred’s I would treat him hitting the ball out of the infield almost as a walk off HR. Just shower the guy with a ton of high fives in the dugout. The Mariners outfield duo of Mittttttttttttttttttttttch Haniger and He Went To Jared could go down as the least productive in baseball history I would imagine. Currently Mariners outfielders boast a combined .132 batting average with a .430 OPS. I imagine that batting line is similar to many NL teams 9 hitter (for the most part) pitcher production. The highlight of Jarred’s career will probably be being able to google his name and seeing this thread pop up. The kid finally made it

What's Robbie Cano up to lately?

Still $48M left on that contract. 

😄

5 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

We really need to add downvoting to this forumÂ đŸ€”

The Mets avi was a dead giveaway. 😄

1 hour ago, ty5592 said:

I laughed out loud when I saw Jarred Kelenic had his own thread on Edge Forums. The guy has officially made it. He is a little skidmark on the fantasy scene. Speaking of skidmarks that is one way of describing his statistical performance this season. Although pile of s*** would probably be more articulate. Probably the worst "hitter" I have ever seen. If I was a teammate of Jarred’s I would treat him hitting the ball out of the infield almost as a walk off HR. Just shower the guy with a ton of high fives in the dugout. The Mariners outfield duo of Mittttttttttttttttttttttch Haniger and He Went To Jared could go down as the least productive in baseball history I would imagine. Currently Mariners outfielders boast a combined .132 batting average with a .430 OPS. I imagine that batting line is similar to many NL teams 9 hitter (for the most part) pitcher production. The highlight of Jarred’s career will probably be being able to google his name and seeing this thread pop up. The kid finally made it

I was a teammate of Babe Ruth's and had a similar viewpoint but only obviously in regards to the Yankees.

Now.... with THAT said - excited to see the kid called up!

57 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, posty said:

This guy is so great, he got his first major league hit already and it counted as two homeruns...

Imagine he hits those 2HR as planned? And someone on the inside slipped and let out what the stats should've been? It's all a lie? Simulation?

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, evillaw4eva said:

20/10 or what are we thinking here 

For what? This year? For a 21 year-old rookie who might play ~120 games if he sticks with the club?

While anything is possible, I’d feel much more comfortable predicting .260+/12 HR/8 SB and hoping for more. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, evillaw4eva said:

20/10 or what are we thinking here 

For his first game?  Easily...

HIs vision?  Maybe??

Edited by posty
1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

For what? This year? For a 21 year-old rookie who might play ~120 games if he sticks with the club?

While anything is possible, I’d feel much more comfortable predicting .260+/12 HR/8 SB and hoping for more. 

12HR? In 4.5 months? Mitch Haniger has 10 already in 1.5 months lol

2 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

12HR? In 4.5 months? Mitch Haniger has 10 already in 1.5 months lol

His first time seeing MLB pitching. And Mookie Betts has 4 HR. So... 
I mean, you think he steps in and is immediately a 25/13 per 162 player? Doesn’t often work that way. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

His first time seeing MLB pitching. And Mookie Betts has 4 HR. So... 
I mean, you think he steps in and is immediately a 25/13 per 162 player? Doesn’t often work that way. 

Usually doesn't, but he is unusual

That was a hitters homerun he hit. Civale didn't leave a bad pitch open, kelenic went down and drove a tough pitch 109.1 MPH on a rope over the fence. Bodes real well for the future. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, soccerphysio said:

Since you all are afraid to say it, I will.  Mike Trout 2.0. 😏

He looks more like Harper, and that isn't a bad thing.