NBC Sports Edge Forums

At this point, I think it’d be in his best interests to go back down for a month and find himself again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when are they measuring his sprint speed, from the batter’s box to the dugout?  

Completely anecdotal and not backed up by any research, but for some reason I have the sense that when a young player is deathly afraid of losing playing time or, even worse, being sent down, their performance immediately goes directly into the toilet for the indefinite future.  

10 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Completely anecdotal and not backed up by any research, but for some reason I have the sense that when a young player is deathly afraid of losing playing time or, even worse, being sent down, their performance immediately goes directly into the toilet for the indefinite future.  

He needs some advice from Acuña Jr......"When I go to the plate I don't think about nothing, I see the ball and hit the ball, that's it".

Asking for baseball advice from Ronald Acuna is like asking for financial advice from a lotto winner.

Just be born incredibly genetically blessed or incredibly lucky and you will succeed.

• Haha 6
2 hours ago, Overlord said:

Asking for baseball advice from Ronald Acuna is like asking for financial advice from a lotto winner.

Just be born incredibly genetically blessed or incredibly lucky and you will succeed.

Lol point was he’s talented and needs to stop pressing and just play ball. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Overlord said:

5c5zmq.jpg

Kelenic batted just .253 in AA in 2019, then basically had a year and a half off where he couldn't develop due to the pandemic, then played 6 games in AAA this year, and everyone on here expected him to be better in the majors this year, after a year and a half off, than he was in AA in 2019.

6 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Kelenic batted just .253 in AA in 2019, then basically had a year and a half off where he couldn't develop due to the pandemic, then played 6 games in AAA this year, and everyone on here expected him to be better in the majors this year, after a year and a half off, than he was in AA in 2019.

That was 92 PA in AA where he batted .253 in 2019, are you just going to ignore what he did in single A and A+ that season as well?

9 hours ago, Zig Zag said:

That was 92 PA in AA where he batted .253 in 2019, are you just going to ignore what he did in single A and A+ that season as well?

It's great that he did well in single A, but that's why you see hardly any prospects jump directly from single A to the majors.  As Kelenic moved up to AA and faced tougher pitching, he had some struggles and his average dropped significantly as expected.  And obviously the jump from AA to the majors is a lot larger than the jump from single A to AA.  

Did I expect Kelenic to be this bad batting .101?  No, but it's hardly surprising to me that he's batting under .200 given how much the Mariners rushed him.  He could have definitely used a half season last year to master AA pitching and then a half season in AAA last year, but unfortunately due to the pandemic that was not able to happen.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Overlord said:

Citation needed on "everyone."

Go check the predictions on here.  The worst average anyone predicted for Kelenic was .260, which was a better batting average than he had in AA two years ago before the pandemic forced him to waste a year of his development.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, FootballFan101 said:

Go check the predictions on here.  The worst average anyone predicted for Kelenic was .260, which was a better batting average than he had in AA two years ago before the pandemic forced him to waste a year of his development.

I mean, I was going to post a contrary outlook, but folks on here are always so quick to remind you when you've been horribly wrong on projecting a player that I was too scared to publish my thoughts.

People need to be more gentle!  No more memeing bad predictions!

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Overlord said:

I mean, I was going to post a contrary outlook, but folks on here are always so quick to remind you when you've been horribly wrong on projecting a player that I was too scared to publish my thoughts.

People need to be more gentle!  No more memeing bad predictions!

We crave more goats on acid!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, absknicks said:

Maybe the poster who invoked "historic" was onto something after all

"Allowing" is a pretty stupid word there. The kid is going to get 38 at bats eventually, its his job to do something with them.

As punishment for complaining about not being on the OD roster the Mariners should start him every day until he asks out of the lineup.

• Haha 2