NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dylan Cease comes back and strikes out the side...must be frustrating to manage / pitching coach of him.  Some innings he looks like he's the best pitcher in baseball...then other innings he can't throw a strike.

• Like 2
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why, for the love of God, would you bunt with Francisco Lindor in the first inning of a game with no outs and a single runner on 1st?    why. what. why

Yes, but not sitting a guy like Maeda.

I stopped benching pitchers years ago - unless it's part of a deliberate strategy in H2H on Sundays. In roto if they're on my team they throw - that  negates this missing-out-on-a-(potential)-gem stuf

58 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I stopped benching pitchers years ago - unless it's part of a deliberate strategy in H2H on Sundays. In roto if they're on my team they throw - that  negates this missing-out-on-a-(potential)-gem stuff.

Depends on the league...my AL and NL only leagues I have some pretty poor starters rostered...looking at you Mitch Keller...but guys that can be useful if played right.

I whiffed on Bassitt's; sucks...but doesn't suck as bad as a pitcher getting crushed while in your lineup.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

Depends on the league...my AL and NL only leagues I have some pretty poor starters rostered...looking at you Mitch Keller...but guys that can be useful if played right.

I whiffed on Bassitt's; sucks...but doesn't suck as bad as a pitcher getting crushed while in your lineup.

Yeah sure I just assume default settings in here. You gotta do what you gotta do in League-only's.

Had a chance to start a bad hitter with a good matchup. Had Zunino at UTIL out of necessity but then Urshela is back so I switched him out. Zunino has more offense than the rest of my lineup combined.

Nipple twister this one.

Freddy Peralta done, heck of night though. Finally mixed up the sequencing better for the 3rd time thru the order.

Well done. This is the crew blueprint for 2021.

21 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Dylan Cease comes back and strikes out the side...must be frustrating to manage / pitching coach of him.  Some innings he looks like he's the best pitcher in baseball...then other innings he can't throw a strike.

frustrating indeed.

50 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

Jesus, does Clase ever work a clean inning? 

He's the new F Rodney. Drama filled innings time after time after time. but somehow slips out of it MOST of the time.

Nothing like an AB vs. Joe Jimenez when you can't hit yo way out of a paper bag.

Soler goes deep. Only his 3rd, breaking out of a tie with Ynoa SP.

• Haha 1

Maeda probably done for the day, but he's still got a chance to come back out for the sixth and pick up the QS. Impressive job of keeping his mess of a day from becoming a complete disaster.

Diekman in for Oakland in 9th for save.   But two on one out, he's not looking great.   Lineup was lefty/right/right so not a platoon play. Trivino last pitched on 8th, so not a workload thing.

36 minutes ago, bluntbros said:

Almora, CF Mets, had a crash with the wall for the ages. Must see tv!

That's basically his whole reason to be on the roster, does he even have a dozen at bats this year?

26 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Freddy Peralta done, heck of night though. Finally mixed up the sequencing better for the 3rd time thru the order.

Well done. This is the crew blueprint for 2021.

Yep, you're right, Devin Williams blows another one, just how they drew it up. Fiereisen blew his first one in the 7th the other day. The bridge to Hader has been slightly shaky, but he's vultured 3 wins for far.