NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Who to drop for Yaz? Pick one of five.

Posted (edited)

In order to pick up Yaz, I must drop one of these outfielders. Which would you drop?

• Austin Meadows (has under-performed but should bounce back)
  • Willie Calhoun (looks like he will now get the playing time, and has a lot of upside)
  • Dominic Smith (killed it in 2019 & 2020, but sucks so far this season)
  • Tommy Pham (another under-performer, but projected ROS about the same as Meadows)
  • Wil Myers (another slow starter, expected to improve)

This is a head-to-head points league, and I must drop one of these players in order to roster Yaz.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by SecondString38

• SecondString38 changed the title to Who to drop for Yaz? Pick one of five.

Pham easily for me. He's been the worst by far of anyone, and I don't think he has that much upside anymore. He's 33 and he'll stop stealing bases soon, not to mention a tough hitters park and bad spot in the lineup. Not even sure he's an everyday player for them anymore.

Help with mine?

1 hour ago, collucho said:

I'd pick the guy who you most likely have a chance of picking back up after he clears waivers....Willie Calhoun.

He would not clear waivers in this league, and that's not even the issue. I would not have a roster spot to pick him back up even if he did.

1 hour ago, SecondString38 said:

He would not clear waivers in this league, and that's not even the issue. I would not have a roster spot to pick him back up even if he did.

Yeah you drop someone else in a couple weeks after Tommy Pham tears his hammy in two.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Keep all you're OF'ers on the roster, and drop a mt for Bay area. 

I am asking you politely to please not respond to any of my posts with questions in the future. I'm not sure what your motivation is for doing what you do, but you add no value to this forum. 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SecondString38