NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 minute ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Gray is a top 25 SP. He'll be fine. 

2 good starts, 3 bad. Top 25 is a huge stretch, atleast 30 guys I'd rather have than him

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine being upset that Adam Frazier is getting a day off.

that guy would find something to complain about while on vacation in Tahiti sipping Pina Coladas.

I enjoy all overreaction and humor on this board, as the later is rare.   If I can't overreact like a lunatic to fantasy baseball, what's the f'n point?!  

Just now, stay_woke said:

2 good starts, 3 bad. Top 25 is a huge stretch, atleast 30 guys I'd rather have than him

He had just come back from an injury. Less than 25 innings. He's proven to be a top 25 SP. Pitcherlist has him as SP17, but I'd say he's closer to SP22-25.

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

Yeah he's pretty inconsistent overall. Huge K potential but also blow-up potential. 4.2 innings v Pit with their 3 best hitters out is pretty bad.

Just now, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He had just come back from an injury. Less than 25 innings. He's proven to be a top 25 SP. Pitcherlist has him as SP17, but I'd say he's closer to SP22-25.

Yeah I think Nick has him ranked wayyy too high, I'd take the 10 guys behind him over him easily. 4 and two thirds against this pathetic pirates lineup is simply atrocious. Outpitched by Trevor Cahill

3 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

Indeed, the last comment on his thread was mine from April 25th saying he's basically universally droppable in redrafts after his HBP in the helmet. He was a fun story in the first week but if he doesn't hit nearly well enough to keep the Suarez SS experiment going. Pretty hard to deny it has affected Eugenio's hitting too.  

Suarez is typically a slow starter that makes up for his lengthy early cold streaks with blistering white-hot streaks in the summer.  I am not convinced the SS experiment is cause for his lack of offensive production.  The Reds should still get him off SS though.  

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Agreed.  Gray has thrived everywhere except NY.  When he’s healthy and rolling he can put up top-10 SP production and I won’t put it past him to do just that once he’s settled in (he hasn’t gotten there yet this season).   

4 hours ago, mks said:

Rest day for A Frazier. Modern day ballplayer is soft ALL OF THEM!!!! Its not like playing baseball is work which might require a day off to rest.  And if  he has to show up at the ballpark and can't stay at the hotel and kick it by the pool or take a nap and get proper rest then he might has well play.

Lol.. Looking for someone new to pick on now that Tucker is hitting? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sonny gray hates qs

4 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Sonny gray hates qs

He hates wins too apparently, not going to be an easier matchup for the rest of the season bleh

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mks said:

Rest day for A Frazier. Modern day ballplayer is soft ALL OF THEM!!!! Its not like playing baseball is work which might require a day off to rest.  And if  he has to show up at the ballpark and can't stay at the hotel and kick it by the pool or take a nap and get proper rest then he might has well play.

Yeah like ball players are asking for days off.  Other way around.  They are the ones who want to play.  Modern management says no.

3 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

why is josh rojas batting 8th?

Because the Padres hate my fantasy team.

2 hours ago, stay_woke said:

Why do they make sonny throw to this scrub Stephenson every game, frustrating

Stephenson is their future full time catcher.  Better get use to him.  Still only 24 and up in the bigs already is incredible for a catcher who usually develops very slowly in the minors.  Also knows how to use a bat.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Stephenson is the future full time catcher.  Better get use to him.

Oooof hurts to hear that, either I need to trade Sonny then or the Reds do. Kid is not ready to catch in the big leagues

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Oooof hurts to hear that, either I need to trade Sonny then or the Reds do. Kid is not ready to catch in the big leagues

He will be.  He is a highly respected prospect and will grow into a keystone for their team.  Baseball is a game of patience.  And Gray must like how he calls a game or he would be in the manager's office making demands about wanting a different catcher like modern pitchers do.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
1 hour ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Did anyone see that Antone strikeout?  I genuinely think that might have been the nastiest pitch I've seen this year from any pitcher

I need to see this pitch.

16 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

Maybe top 20

If we're calling Sonny Gray a top 20 SP can we start calling Abraham Lincoln a top 5 first basemen?

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, collucho said:

How about this Reds bullpen? 3.1 IP 7 Ks and counting.

Even though Sims has struggled, there’s not many 1-2 punches i would rather have than Antone/Sims.  Doolittle ain’t bad as a third wheel either 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, tristan0823 said:

Jon Gray had Pham 3-0 and struck him out looking, didn’t swing the bat once in the 7 pitches 

How do you not swing the bat once in 7 pitches while striking out?🤣  Without swinging and striking out the most you can see is 6 pitches unless a pitch was inside and hit the bat maybe?

• Like 1

Jon Gray has been killing it this year. Mind you, this start was made a lot easier with the Padres' COVID issues, but he's been an excellent pickup so far.