NBC Sports Edge Forums

4 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

How do you not swing the bat once in 7 pitches while striking out?ūü§£¬† Without swinging and striking out the most you can see is 6 pitches unless a pitch was inside and hit the bat maybe?

Lol I meant 6 pitches, but I’ll take the egg on my face for that 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine being upset that Adam Frazier is getting a day off.

that guy would find something to complain about while on vacation in Tahiti sipping Pina Coladas.

I enjoy all overreaction and humor on this board, as the later is rare.   If I can't overreact like a lunatic to fantasy baseball, what's the f'n point?!  

13 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Hopefully Darvish isn't injured. 

Hoping the same...does anyone know what his pitch count was at?

Just now, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

76 pitches. 

Could have just been a pinch hit at Coors moment. I don't see anything related to injury anywhere.... Knock on wood, next thing I know I'll read he was lifted for precautionary reasons... No QS. Bummer.

2 minutes ago, nlm said:

Could have just been a pinch hit at Coors moment. I don't see anything related to injury anywhere.... Knock on wood, next thing I know I'll read he was lifted for precautionary reasons... No QS. Bummer.

From what I'm gathering, 2 runners were on base, 2 outs, and Darvish can't hit at all. His pitch count wasn't high, but in Coors it can get pretty elevated (no pun intended) pretty quickly. Maybe they want the bullpen to see some innings after Weathers gave them the bulk the other night?.... I dunno. I think he's fine, though.

• Thanks 1

I was going to say pinch hitting for Darvish is absolutely idiotic in a tie game in the 5th, but I forgot about the 7 inning game thing so I guess it makes a little more sense.

1 hour ago, nlm said:

It was 5th inning of 7 inning game. Man on second they intentionally walked the batter to get to Darvish with 2 outs. Game was 1-0 for Colorado. Seemed more about trying to get a run in late in the game than about Darvish being hurt. It worked though Gray hit the PH to load the bases, drag bunt tied the game 

• Like 1