NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 hours ago, nlm said:

From what I'm gathering, 2 runners were on base, 2 outs, and Darvish can't hit at all. His pitch count wasn't high, but in Coors it can get pretty elevated (no pun intended) pretty quickly. Maybe they want the bullpen to see some innings after Weathers gave them the bulk the other night?.... I dunno. I think he's fine, though.

Yep stupid National League combined with these stupid a** Covid 7 inning doubleheader rules.  Forces teams to pull their pitchers after 4 innings to get a run.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine being upset that Adam Frazier is getting a day off.

that guy would find something to complain about while on vacation in Tahiti sipping Pina Coladas.

I enjoy all overreaction and humor on this board, as the later is rare.   If I can't overreact like a lunatic to fantasy baseball, what's the f'n point?!  

As an Eduardo owner - Laureano certainly had a beef. That ball was way inside. Not sure if it was a hill worth dying on - but he was.

Good to see even the HP ump getting involved in helping the Yanks by ejecting Clint

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

I am not a robot, I am just Yuli

"but but 2019 was an outlier with the homers"... dude is having an even better season than two years ago.

Edited by Picard56
1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

Look, we’ve got a very small sample size, but Yermin looks like one of the best hitters in the game right now. 

A bit (with the SSS)...but we are about 1/4 thru the season. He has always hit pretty great coming up. Sure the average will regress some but he is legit.

6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

A bit (with the SSS)...but we are about 1/4 thru the season. He has always hit pretty great coming up. Sure the average will regress some but he is legit.

Just watching him, you can’t get a pitch by him. He’s got incredible range and bat speed. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Look, we’ve got a very small sample size, but Yermin looks like one of the best hitters in the game right now. 

I wonder how many people didn't pick up Yermin "Adolis Garcia" Mercedes when they had a chance due to the fact he's UTIL only in Yahoo. 

***I'd wager a decent chunk of those same people didn't similarly hesitate when they had a chance to nab Adolis "Yermin Mercedes" Garcia a week or two later!!!!

Against Mize and hes about to get pulled before the quality start and this scrub Soler grounds into a double play on the first pitch right after his horrible play on defense the inning before. And someone was comparing this guy to David Ortiz earlier today? Lmao

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

He’s started 29 straight games.  

wooooo he must  be about to drop over dead. 29 in a row look out cal

Edited by mks
9 hours ago, 89Topps said:

Imagine being upset that Adam Frazier is getting a day off.

then he still played so.....

Urquidy just got taken out in the 4th inning after dominating the Angels. Maldonado saw something he didn't like and called the coaching staff in (he has a history of spotting pitcher injuries). Not to be going all WebMD but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the UCL....

Just now, stay_woke said:

Urquidy just got taken out in the 4th inning after dominating the Angels. Maldonado saw something he didn't like and called the coaching staff in (he has a history of spotting pitcher injuries). Not to be going all WebMD but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the UCL....

Traded him and Eaton for Hendricks. Seems like a wash if he gets hurt

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

Velocity was down in the 4th, fastball around 88-91 after being 92-94 through the first two innings

40 minutes ago, Overlord said:

I wonder how many people didn't pick up Yermin "Adolis Garcia" Mercedes when they had a chance due to the fact he's UTIL only in Yahoo. 

***I'd wager a decent chunk of those same people didn't similarly hesitate when they had a chance to nab Adolis "Yermin Mercedes" Garcia a week or two later!!!!

I play in an AL only with one UTIL spot and I have Nelson Cruz there, so what could I do, but I still wish I had picked him up there to be able to trade him. I did get Garcia a few weeks later which was nice. This is why I'm so excited also about Ohtani's OF appearance yesterday.

• Like 1