NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and fellow Gilbert and Kelenic owners today...

I'm not asking for much, how about a day when my dickless offense hits over .200...

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LJJr said:

Acuna is down.  Left ankle looks like.  Doesn’t look good.

Listening to it on the radio the broadcasters sounded concerned. 

Acuna out of the game after he landed awkwardly on 1B trying to beat out a ground ball. Looked like a minor ankle sprain. He walked off under his own power. Wish we could go more than a week without one of these scares from Ronald.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Lots of strikes. About 8-9 swinging strikes if my count is right (which I might be slightly off). Lots of foul balls, so he's not out there fooling everyone. But his velocity appears to have increased again. His average fastball velocity has increased in every single game this season starting from game 2. This appears to be game number 5 where it's continued to get better. 

Smoke and mirrors?  Wasn't his other issue the spin rate?

Posted (edited)

I think Bo Bichette is my favorite player in baseball right now. Is there anyone more fun to watch? Hell of a 2-run Dub off Will Smith.

Edited by FearTheHawk
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Smoke and mirrors?  Wasn't his other issue the spin rate?

Slider velocity/spin were big issues. Even as the fastball velo crept back up, the slider was not looking like the same pitch and not getting whiffs like it used to do, hence the awful K rate for the season.

But both slider velo/spin were up quite a bit this start and the pitch had a 37% whiff rate. Not quite 2019 levels but a big step back that way. Still some concerns but he’s back on the radar at least.

• Thanks 1

Story sitting has me closer to starting Castillo than I'd like. Praying I don't drink too many wobbly pops at softball and slide him in 2 minutes before game time. 

• Haha 3

Mariners lineup suddenly looks a lot more interesting. Will definitely be watching tonight.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, collucho said:

Story sitting has me closer to starting Castillo than I'd like. Praying I don't drink too many wobbly pops at softball and slide him in 2 minutes before game time. 

Wobbly pops.  I'm stealing that. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, 89Topps said:

Wobbly pops.  I'm stealing that. 😄

Be my guest I stole it yesterday and have been overusing it already 🤣

• Haha 2

Taillon is simply not good. I have no idea why Nick Pollack is so high on this guy, I don't know if he's even a top 100 pitcher and he has him ranked 41 🤔

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Taillon is simply not good. I have no idea why Nick Pollack is so high on this guy, I don't know if he's even a top 100 pitcher and he has him ranked 41 🤔

It might be because you’re looking purely at results over a handful of starts - he has struggled on the road, but his stuff and control are definitely better than average, let alone not within the top-100 starters!

Edited by BMcP
4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

It might be because you’re looking purely at results over a handful of starts - he has struggled on the road, but his stuff and control are definitely better than average, let alone not within the top-100 starters!

I've watched his last 3 or 4 starts, he leaves a lot of fastballs over the heart of the plate and he lacks stamina and gets roughed up a lot in the 4-6 innings.

I think he belongs somewhere in the 80-100 range, merely a streamer to use in the right matchup.

I'm also not so sure he even has a rotation spot when Severino comes back unless the Yankees switch to a 6 man rotation.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

I've watched his last 3 or 4 starts, he leaves a lot of fastballs over the heart of the plate and he lacks stamina and gets roughed up a lot in the 4-6 innings.

I think he belongs somewhere in the 80-100 range, merely a streamer to use in the right matchup.

I'm also not so sure he even has a rotation spot when Severino comes back unless the Yankees switch to a 6 man rotation.

The stamina issue is totally understandable given his lengthy injury absences - he likely still needs to build that up a la Kluber.

He’s currently regarded as their “second” starter - he’s not in danger of a demotion whenever Severino makes it back.

Just to be clear (in case it wasn’t), I am a Yanks fan and watch basically every one of their games!

Edited by BMcP