NBC Sports Edge Forums

Just now, BMcP said:

The stamina issue is totally understandable given his lengthy injury absences - he likely still needs to build that up a la Kluber.

He’s currently regarded as their “second” starter - he’s not in danger of a demotion whenever Severino makes it back.

He has the worst era of all the starters and has no track record of success with the Yankees being in his first season there. If he continues pitching as bad as he has been he'll absolutely be in danger of dropping out of the rotation

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and fellow Gilbert and Kelenic owners today...

I'm not asking for much, how about a day when my dickless offense hits over .200...

Posted Images

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

He has the worst era of all the starters and has no track record of success with the Yankees being in his first season there. If he continues pitching as bad as he has been he'll absolutely be in danger of dropping out of the rotation

I’ll have to agree to disagree with you on this one - both of our 2 and 3 starters have no track record of any kind with the franchise period.  And German’s record has not been pretty off the field.  I don’t get citing ERA as an indicator this early in a season.

In any event, I hope you’re wrong - he’s pitching very well tonight and he’s one of our best starters.

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’ll have to agree to disagree with you on this one - both of our 2 and 3 starters have no track record of any kind with the franchise period.  And German’s record has not been pretty off the field.  I don’t get citing ERA as an indicator this early in a season.

In any event, I hope you’re wrong - he’s pitching very well tonight and he’s one of our best starters.

50+ pitches and 4 ER through 2+ innings is pitching very well? I thought the Yankees had higher standards than that lol

50+ pitches and 4 ER through 2+ innings is pitching very well? I thought the Yankees had higher standards than that lol

Woke - look above: I wrote that before the Meadows homer - which I’ll agree was a poor changeup and a bad selection.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Woke - look above: I wrote that before the Meadows homer - which I’ll agree was a poor changeup and a bad selection.

The splits are a real concern, I’ll concede that - I just have to hope it’s something he can figure out.  Maybe he doesn’t like traveling?

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

His location just sucks to be honest and his stuff isn't good enough to make up for it. 

At this point I hope they just take him out before he tanks my whole week 😕

Posted (edited)

His location just sucks to be honest and his stuff isn't good enough to make up for it. 

At this point I hope they just take him out before he tanks my whole week 😕

Wait: you own him?  Why?  Super-deep league?

Edited by BMcP
Just now, BMcP said:

Wait: you own him?  Why?

Streaming in a close matchup because the Rays offense sucks... I guess they don't suck enough

• Haha 1

Streaming in a close matchup because the Rays offense sucks... I guess they don't suck enough

Rays basically always have the Yanks number at the Trop - been that way for years

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Rays basically always have the Yanks number at the Trop - been that way for years

Except for the last two nights* 

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Castillo is pitching in Colorado tonight. Should be fun. 

It’s the Rockies AAA team. I bet he goes 7 scoreless. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Except for the last two nights* 

Right - due to the overpowering Yankee offensive output, right?  It does help when Gerrit Cole is able to make a start! 😅

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Right - due to the overpowering Yankee offensive output, right?  It does help when Gerrit Cole is able to make a start! 😅

No due to the Yankees ace starting pitching!! I figured it would be a good time for a Taillon stream after watching the Rays score one run over the last two games but oh well, you win some you lose some

5 minutes ago, GeorgeCostanza said:

of course desclafani gets pulled early when he gets an easy matchup

makes perfect sense !!!

I am grievously vexed at the moment.

10 minutes ago, GeorgeCostanza said:

of course desclafani gets pulled early when he gets an easy matchup

makes perfect sense !!!

Weird decision with him throwing a one hitter at only 76 pitches but my dude Tony Disco keeps cruising along.

Manae-yi-yi

What a disaster - glad I didn't even have a chance to see it.

I thought he might have a mediocre outing - not get utterly obliterated.

18 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

No due to the Yankees ace starting pitching!! I figured it would be a good time for a Taillon stream after watching the Rays score one run over the last two games but oh well, you win some you lose some

If you’re getting nine K’s and counting from your streamer through 4+, you’re doing something right.