NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and fellow Gilbert and Kelenic owners today...

I'm not asking for much, how about a day when my dickless offense hits over .200...

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

If you’re getting nine K’s and counting from your streamer through 4+, you’re doing something right.

We'll just say it could have been a lot worse. Tho he's off my streaming radar until he gets his control issues sorted out. 

32 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

It’s the Rockies AAA team. I bet he goes 7 scoreless. 

40 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Castillo is pitching in Colorado tonight. Should be fun. 

I was terribly wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Castillo is pretty much droppable in anything smaller than a 12-team league.

I think its the higher threads on the balls that increase the spin rates that causeing some problems with a few of these top pitchers. They can't get the ball over the plate cause its breaking to much so in order to ajust the spin to throw a strike they let up on the snap of it a bit and it gets hammered. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Castillo is pretty much droppable in anything smaller than a 12-team league.

i was just thinking this

you can't even trade him for peanuts

smart owners will just wait until he's rage dropped if they want a piece of this bum

• Like 1

Castillo's ERA is now sitting at 7.71. It doesn't matter what your velocity is when youre serving up more meatballs than an Olive Garden. He's absolutely brutal to watch. 

• Like 1
Just now, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Castillo's ERA is now sitting at 7.71. It doesn't matter what your velocity is when youre serving up more meatballs than an Olive Garden. He's absolutely brutal to watch. 

I think it's mental at this point. He needs a phantom IL stint to get his head right.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BuraddoRun said:

Who's watching the Mariners/Indians game?!

But Gilbert just gave up a solo dinger. 😓

It's his first start. He's got some nerves. Don't except some dominant outing. He's gotta settle in.

• Like 1

Carlos Correa would have some gall to ask for a big money contract this offseason equal to the elite SS's in the lg. He is a 2nd tier SS at best.  

• Like 4

The marlins play hard when T Rog is on the mound. Awesome D and great at bats from everyone, and mattingly doesn't rest any of the studs

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mks said:

Carlos Correa would have some gall to ask for a big money contract this offseason equal to the elite SS's in the lg. He is a 2nd tier SS at best.  

Are you planning to just go around the horn firing up every Astro?

Posted (edited)

Learned something today about saves. You can pitch 3 innings and get a save. Whitlock - Redsox, I did not know about that rule and had to look it up. The score was 8 - 1.

A save is awarded to the relief pitcher who finishes a game for the winning team, under certain circumstances. A pitcher cannot receive a save and a win in the same game.

A relief pitcher recording a save must preserve his team's lead while doing one of the following:

• Enter the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitch at least one inning.
  • Enter the game with the tying run in the on-deck circle, at the plate or on the bases.
  • Pitch at least three innings.
Edited by twoseemer
added the score