NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 hours ago, stay_woke said:

His location just sucks to be honest and his stuff isn't good enough to make up for it. 

At this point I hope they just take him out before he tanks my whole week 😕

Lol at trusting Kluber... starting him is on you. What in the world made you think that was a good idea?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and fellow Gilbert and Kelenic owners today...

I'm not asking for much, how about a day when my dickless offense hits over .200...

Posted Images

1 minute ago, cs3 said:

Lol at trusting Kluber... starting him is on you. What in the world made you think that was a good idea?

Kluber pitches tomorrow....

On a different note Jose Ramirez is just a stud, would love to have him one year 

25 minutes ago, twoseemer said:

Learned something today about saves. You can pitch 3 innings and get a save. Whitlock - Redsox, I did not know about that rule and had to look it up. The score was 8 - 1.

A save is awarded to the relief pitcher who finishes a game for the winning team, under certain circumstances. A pitcher cannot receive a save and a win in the same game.

A relief pitcher recording a save must preserve his team's lead while doing one of the following:

• Enter the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitch at least one inning.
  • Enter the game with the tying run in the on-deck circle, at the plate or on the bases.
  • Pitch at least three innings.

I'm amazed you weren't aware of this rule, but it is often pointed to as another example of why the save is a ridiculous statistic. Because of course with a score of 8-1, Whitlock was just pitching in garbage time and saving the rest of the bullpen. Usually it's a back end middle reliever who gets these kind of saves, so they usually don't effect fantasy much. But Whitlock is owned in many leagues and I'm sure his owners were expecting a few 3-inning variety saves. I think Kopech had one earlier this year too, and I'm sure somewhere in the fantasy landscape there is a league that will come down to one save for the whole thing, and this will be the difference. Crazy.

12 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

I'm amazed you weren't aware of this rule, but it is often pointed to as another example of why the save is a ridiculous statistic. Because of course with a score of 8-1, Whitlock was just pitching in garbage time and saving the rest of the bullpen. Usually it's a back end middle reliever who gets these kind of saves, so they usually don't effect fantasy much. But Whitlock is owned in many leagues and I'm sure his owners were expecting a few 3-inning variety saves. I think Kopech had one earlier this year too, and I'm sure somewhere in the fantasy landscape there is a league that will come down to one save for the whole thing, and this will be the difference. Crazy.

thx for the info.....and yes I roster Whitlock.

2 minutes ago, FearTheHawk said:

the Rockies bullpen is unreal amounts of bad. 10-0 and they have given up 8 runs in the 8th lol

And Senzel isn’t a part of any of that.  Sigh.

49 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Raise you hand if you started Logan Gilbert. 

spacer.png

1) Never start rookie pitchers in their first start

2) Yeah I started him, what's it  to ya?

3) I actually think he showed some good signs.  Rough start but shook it off, flashed some good pitches and 0 BB. 

• Haha 1
Just now, Baur10 said:

1) Never start rookie pitchers in their first start

2) Yeah I started him, what's it  to ya?

3) I actually think he showed some good signs.  Rough start but shook it off, flashed some good pitches and 0 BB. 

Not worried about him. first start nerves. He showed signs of pulling together.

41 minutes ago, Bash Bros said:

Hey look, a fellow Devers owner. 

verdigo and devers both. everyone else scored in bunches my 2 nothing zip zilch

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

Clase lets have a clean inning for once you got this!

for the love of god please a smooth clean inning with no drama.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Clase lets have a clean inning for once you got this!

how can you walk a guy with a 2 run lead and 2 outs just throw stikes for god sake worse that can happen is a solo homer now a homer ties it with the walk

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Walkie walkie...

And Clase is out-tay

Edited by BMcP
7 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Honestly go f--- yourself clase

I sick to my stomach now seriously Every Fing game this drama bullsheet