NBC Sports Edge Forums

Courtland Sutton 2021 Outlook

Just now, mocha4313 said:

If Sutton's 2019 is only "nice" then what's Jeudy's season lol?

Atrocious? Disastrous? (and I don't believe it was--but it was worlds worse than Sutton's when considering the underlying metrics--and honestly even when not)

And yeah it isn't 1963 so I don't rate an ACL as a "major injury." Sorry

And if athleticism at the WR position mattered (it doesn't--wish I'd known this when I passed on Tee Higgins last year in rookie drafts) then Fant is easily the most athletic pass catcher. 2nd place though?

It's fairly comfortably Sutton when adjusting for size. His 4.54 40 vs Jeudy's 4.45 converts to an 85th percentile speed score vs Jeudy's 65th percentile (Speed score adjusts for size). His burst score (based on vertical and broad jump) was 56th percentile while Jeudy's was 41st percentile

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/courtland-sutton/

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/jerry-jeudy/

And lmao at hands. I'm not throwing shade but your boy would have dropped it even if I did.

Yeah he's a better route runner.

Sutton is nonetheless a far superior player based on their performances to date.

Maybe that changes this year--who knows? But right now when healthy Tim Patrick was outproducing Jeudy in the same offense I don't believe it will (Sutton dominated the Denver passing offense--including Patrick last year)

Alright man. Touchdown teddy and jj playing catch right now...

im confident jj will outscore court 1pt ppr this yr.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Do you have any evidence to back your point?

I've provided plenty for my end

You've provided Jeudy's legendary "hands" that built a 73.2% true catch rate (103rd among all qualified receivers) and the 7th most drops

And Teddy does change things--that would be Jeudy's one chance at outproducing Sutton (with Lock it's easily Sutton)

Now both QBs are pretty terrible. Ask DJ Moore what "touchdown Teddy" can do for a WR but still he would seem to shy away from tight window throws

Edited by mocha4313
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Not to add fuel to the fire. But didn’t Jerry juedy have a 5 drop game once? Or am I making that up?

Depending on who you source for drops he did

Playerprofiler for example is more forgiving on "drops" and only counted 3 from that game but regardless drops were a major issue. PFF likely counted 5 drops from that game

I'm not even saying he's bad fwiw.

I bought low on him in dynasty and think 856 yards with Lock was a pretty decent rookie year and like that he was getting open enough to draw a ton of targets

But better than Sutton? Right now he has zero case.

Also why it should be objected to when someone says something verifiably and objectively false like that Jeudy is a "better athlete" when he quite literally is not based on the records of athleticism drills we have of both Jeudy and Sutton and Jeudy getting a relative athletic score of 6.77 out of 10: https://relativeathleticscores.com/ras-information/?PlayerID=20151 (fine to decent for an NFL WR) and Sutton getting a 9.80 out of 10: https://relativeathleticscores.com/ras-information/?PlayerID=15616

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

agree with @mocha4313 above that "low end WR2" is more realistic, and with @DeliciousGravy that fading sutton is appropriate (unless aaron rodgers comes to town).

i love sutton's talent. and i agree with you that stutton is a STEAL right now: WR33 at ADP 7.08 (half-PPR). but totally on "high end WR2" -- based on who is ahead of sutton, it ain't happening.

i suggest that sutton's talent and potential being undercut by denver's offense is only part of the equation. the other part is, there are a ton of solid WR2s. consider ADP as a measure of who we might see at "high-end WR2" --- here are WRs #12-24 according to today's ADP:

• mclaurin, mike evans, amari cooper, chris godwin, cee dee lamb, adam thielen, kenny golladay, robert woods, diontae johnson, cooper kupp, tee higgins, tyler locket

with the wind behind his back (and with competition from claypool and gallup), maybe sutton could overtake diontae johnson or cee dee lamb, but to climb into “high end WR2” there’s too much talent + opportunity + better QB play.

we can disagree here, but it's really like comparing apples and pears. one is a powerful deep threat and contested catcher, the other is a route-running slot WR able to gain separation with quick moves.

Jerry-Jeudy-Broncos.gif

I  was a little over zealous with the high end label, I should have just said WR2. I'm just high on Sutton and like his depressed draft ranking, its's giving me a Cooper Kupp return from injury vibe. Out of your list id rank him right after Kupp but would hopefully be able to grab him a few rnds later, thats the main appeal to me. If Rodgers ends up in Denver i'd only draft him if he were going in the 6th round range which might be wishful thinking.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2021 at 7:51 PM, Whitecloud0101 said:

The Athletic's Nick Kosmider reports Jerry Jeudy has been Teddy Bridgewater's "most frequent target" at OTAs.

I feel like we already knew this on may 20th..

Edited by Whitecloud0101