NBC Sports Edge Forums

5 minutes ago, FearTheHawk said:

Drop him so I don't have to see the whining every time he starts

hummm whats the point of this thread if we can;t come here and whine about our pitchers getting lit up?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. I am done second-guessing and agonizing over starts in Coors.  I bench my starters in Coors, period.  I wouldn't care if my team has a Brundlefly mutant hybrid of DeGrom and Gerrit Cole rost

Castellanos getting a day off, in COORS   😡😡😡

Vaughn is gonna snatch that ROY trophy before the year is up. He's had an absurd last month and his last 12 hits have all been over 100mph off the bat.

4 minutes ago, Overlord said:

I'm starting to just hate Lucas Giolito.

its just plain sad how Pathetic  he is so far this yr.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Fbaseballgod said:

Castillo > Giolito 

dont @ me 

lol hell no. At least Giolito has a changeup that does something still. Castillo looks AWFUL. All he can do is pump a fastball down the middle and pray. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole right now.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, FearTheHawk said:

lol hell no. At least Giolito has a changeup that does something still. Castillo looks AWFUL. All he can do is pump a fastball down the middle and pray. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole right now.

At least Castillo has an excuse;  a better Xera than Era and a track record of performing better when it’s hotter. Giolito has nothing 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Gumbercules said:

The 3000 hit man put a stop to that idea right quick.

they can get 6 in the next one

1 minute ago, Fbaseballgod said:

At least Castillo has an excuse;  a better Xera than Era and a track record of performing better when it’s hotter. Giolito has nothing 

Castillo also has the better past history of success.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Comparing pieces of poop is so uncivilized. 

• Haha 1

I have a crazy theory that I just thought of and haven’t spent anytime thinking about it or researching it but I’m going to throw it out there for you all to laugh at and poke holes into: the new baseball is adversely affecting right-handed pitchers that rely heavily on the changeup. My proof is purely circumstantial, but perhaps it might explain the struggles of Castillo, Giolito, Hendricks, Plesac, Cobb, Davies, Paddack, and Maeda, to name a few - all those guys are at the top of the leaderboard for right-handed changeup usage. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Castellanos getting a day off, in COORS

😡😡😡

I’m with you.   I just got all the dirt cleaned off my phone after throwing it across the yard.  Thanks, Bell.  

Nice to see Giolito finally having some fire and urgency on the mound these last three innings after spending most of the year rolling over, mewling, and exposing his belly and genitalia to opposing hitters.  

3 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I have a crazy theory that I just thought of and haven’t spent anytime thinking about it or researching it but I’m going to throw it out there for you all to laugh at and poke holes into: the new baseball is adversely affecting right-handed pitchers that rely heavily on the changeup. My proof is purely circumstantial, but perhaps it might explain the struggles of Castillo, Giolito, Hendricks, Plesac, Cobb, Davies, Paddack, and Maeda, to name a few - all those guys are at the top of the leaderboard for right-handed changeup usage. 

I've had the same thought. 

3 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I thought the new balls have had effect on pitchers abilities to keep their breaking balls in the strike zone.  the balls are breaking to much and hitters just take it for a ball. Seems lots of walks by these guys making pitch counts higher ans less innings pitched . When they ajust there breaking balls to get less spin  to keep it from breaking outside the strike zone its a meatball and the hitter hammers it.

1 hour ago, Overlord said:

I'm starting to just hate Lucas Giolito.

I finally go all in on Giolito in my leagues this year and I get the 2018 version.  🤬

1 hour ago, mks said:

hummm whats the point of this thread if we can;t come here and whine about our pitchers getting lit up?

Well there is a Rage and Vent thread for extra toppings.

1 hour ago, meh2 said:

That has been a theory for more than several weeks now among baseball "experts" and minions like us.  The "unintended consequences" of the new baseball are hilarious unless you happen to own one or two of them in your leagues.